ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm a donator, received the 1996 Ferrari download link few days ago, time to test. Thanks for this top work. Imagine a full 1996 field with this quality, that would a blast.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The F310 is fantastic to drive. Is there same way to reduce this body reflection? Depeding on the time of the day it looks like a "frozen" car.

Regards and thanks again.

[​IMG]

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

the new '96 beta 03 default setup is very comfortable to drive (very neutral front/rear grip) anyone with a lot of laps on it should be able to really get serious.

(One thing about the "shine" on paint job, even the skin on frenky's f1 2013 v1.19 mod is still holding good graphics with no problem)

I'm assuming these are League physics? if so, it is great.

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yeah, the car is beautiful, the cockpit view is very convincing, great textures specially on the tyres. I just notice this shine on the body which has no match with the rest of the environment (to be very honest it's not in this mod, several rF2 cars looks like this even official ISI content). Aside that, great physics, great modelling.

5. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To ASR modding team, thanks again for your brilliant work.

You are working simultaneously on several years, 1991, 1993, 1996, and you said that you were also reworking the 1992 year already released.

Do you intend to make a full grid for 1991 following the superb Mc Laren and Ferrari?

I apologise if you have already answered this question.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  7. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Yes of course! 1991 will be released, but not soon!

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This modding group is of enormous value to rF2. Your work is so greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Much better :)

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I tried the 310 last night and it's as good as the 91 cars, really an excelent work !

I have the same question than some of the other people here. What's the idea about the years? Will you release all years complete or just cars from different years?

I'm asking this because I think the F1 92 is amazing fun and a great thing for rf2. Anyway I think it need some tweaks in the future, and that's why I'm doing this questions.

11. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Our dream is remake all the 91->94 cars, in addition to other single release from other years.

1992 has been an experiment, our first on RF2, but the quality is not what we want, although it may seem very nice.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We can see you are successfully correcting issues, like the reflections, that many other mods also have a problem with. It will take time to go back and apply this fix to the previous releases. My guess is that once all the major issues and physics are pinned down, the already-released cars will get appropriate updates. We have to be patient while perfection is being created ;)

13. Uff

Uff Registered

The car feels great, I can't stop driving it. :D I noticed a problem with the shadow, which seems to be disconnected from the car. This happened at Loch Drummond, 4:30 pm daytime.

[​IMG]

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'd throw serious money (upwards of 30EUR) at a track maker who would do two or three authentic period tracks for these cars, early 90s.

Spa with the temporary country roads and tobacco ads. the old Silverstone, Kyalami...

Running these on modern Pirelli & UBS branded 2013 tracks feels a bit blasphemic.

15. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

updated to 0.5, fix some textures (st. wheel, engine and other )

[​IMG]

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The tires are darn sexy! By the way, the Shell and Marlboro logos could be a little bigger. This looks so sharp and pretty :). Is it still the DW12 base with edited values?

17. traind

traind Registered

The mod feels great and looks great in many ways but could the grip be more than just "a little too much"? With the default setup, turn one at Silverstone is being taken at huge speeds very easily. Well over 160mph.

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

sounds like the isi indycar...

not a shot at ASR just that car really really stands out of ISIs work in terms of grippiness. came by here to say, the ferrari is already a real treat, i feel like i cheated the system bc i only donated a dollar (it wasnt for beta access, i promise!) so i will try to give a whole nother one or maybe even two. great project & re the grip...well idk if its realistic, but, even tho im probably the minority here, i dont really care as long as there is attention to detail re the look, sound, & speeds of the cars. if theyre a little easy-mode...well rf2 could use a little bit of that anyway. just my view.

19. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

No, it's different, totally different.:)

20. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

perhaps a little less grip, only tires, but nothing more. I think the real difference is in the circuits, Silverstone is a carpet, I think that 20 years ago it was different in terms of bumps and grip