ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks to all the modding team, this mod is really excellent.
    The two cars released are wonderful, they are very pleasant to drive, one of the reason being the very good default setups (with a good setup, even the FISI or the Marussia are easy to drive), that allow you to lap confortably without problems.

To establish a lap record, some more work with setups awaits you.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Bravo :)

The mayor flaw right now(which concern almost all mods and isi content to) in rf2 is, car want almost always rotate around front tires(like front tires are glued) when car oversteer. No matter if you apply countersteering, they will not react as it should, like they have predefined, calculated path from point when back tires starting to slide and no countermeasure can later affect to that path or to little.

Next is braking(but not with all mods or isi content). Like direction of kinetic energy is not afecting braking. If i give some feedback about this mod, i say make braking more progressive, tweak it so, that car will go a little of balnce in braking zones if possible, that we can really feel mass of the car. Great mod otherwise.

3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Thanks for your feedback, we are already working to revise some aspects, you always remember that our goal is to have full seasons, so the physical could be revisited at each release, I'm sorry that you're often forced to lose your setup, but I think it is better to have different versions to test, rather than wait for the final versions in a long time.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

The real shame is that right now we only have one full-featured and somewhat authentic track to drive these monsters on... versus six tracks that can be used for modern F1 (and that's not counting illegal conversions).

Oh, I wish a few trackmodders would set their mind on a 80-90 trackpack. Tobacco ads, no electronic flags, fewer concrete runoff areas...

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't share your opinion about cars rotating around front tires, if you feel this, there may be a problem with how you setup the cars.

If you have problems controlling braking try to reduce braking power in setup, or your brake sensitity in controller settings.

I can control braking of those beauties without any problem with default setups, and I can drive in controlled oversteer GT and historical cars without any major difficulty (G27).

Hope it helps.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Omg - especially your first paragraph about rear-rotation - you understand this flaw that has been part of the ISI physics engine since at least F1 2002. The rear mass doesn't swing around enough with enough inertia/momentum continuing forward in the original direction of movement, but rather more as if the front of the car is simply turning-in sharply while the rear slides.

It's an inherent flaw rooted deep in the ISI physics engine. I've noticed it in some other sims as well, but it's probably worse in the ISI engine than any other one.

The sim that did this the best was an Alpha-product by the guy who did Richard Burns Rally, his name is E. Pitulainen (my spelling is probably incorrect), the game was called Driver's Republic. The rear-rotation of that sim still easily beats any sim available today. I think Live For Speed and Netkar Pro do it fairly well as well if I recall correctly. I would put those two in 2nd place, right behind (but aways away) Driver's Republic in this specific physics category.

This is not the modders fault, they cannot control this, it's a core physics issue regardless of what numbers you enter-in when designing your mod.

Other sim engines do this too, not just the ISI engine, but I do feel the ISI engine does do it the most/worst.

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

not sure where to DL the update or where new users would DL the original unless im missing a link in the first post?

edit -- found it, appears to be broken

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Go here you will find it (http://www.asrformula.com)

10. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Probably i was not make correct description. I have not a problem with controling the car, i am completely adapted to ISI physics behavior, i just telling my observation about how ISI physics tend to behave in oversteering situations. Front axis don't react as it should imo and this issue as is probably core physics thing, then affect all cars and mods. Also no problem with braking, just some cars are to stable with back end with flat feeling.

11. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Yup agree and i know this is not modders "fault"(if we can even say that, better to say problem). Also AC is a lot better with this, but lets go back on topic. Nice test Sderenno

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes, but as a whole, I believe RF2 is still much superior, but I agree in this one category ISI is not only behind AC but probably every current sim. More people need to speak up about this to force ISI to look at their physics engine because if this issue becomes fixed, then there would be hardly any vehicle-behavior areas where other sims reign supreme, but this issue is what detracts some people from ISI physics even if those people don't know why and can't point it out, I'm betting that most of the times it's this issue that's the reason.

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Maybe this is something for new rF3 thread :)

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Speaking about physics, I believe that what you says implies that the front end has to much grip, and the car gives the impression of rotating around the front axle.

To have a rotation more centered around CG implies your front tires must be able to slip outwards while your rears do the same, if not your car will rotate around front axle.

So I believe it can be tuned in setup if the car physics are not completly wrong.

When a car gives me this impression of rotating around front tires I reduce front grip or increase rear.

But I may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The behavior is displayed in pretty much every single car in an ISI engine based sim going back over 10 years.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please Spinelli, I gave explanations based on physics laws, not a single word about time.

If you disagree with what I say, you are welcome to correct my statements.

I made a simplified explanation, the tire model or parameters of the tire could cause this behaviour (wrong temp inertia, wrong decrease of grip with slip angle, wrong decrease of grip with rise of temp).

The aero model or parameters definition could also explain such a behaviour (difference of aero loss with angle of slip of the the three main devices, rear diffusor, front and rear wing).

The suspension geometry could also be implied.

Inertia along axles wrong.

The CG could be misplaced, the effect of fuel moving not correctly estimated.

A long list, many more if I try to.

The result would be still to much front end grip while rear end slips.

P.S: Do you feel the BT20 has this defect?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  17. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I have always said that, you just love whichever car on any track with any simulator, that all problems do not exist

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You said it could be a specific car setup, and I'm just saying it can't be because it's with every car from every ISI-engine based sim which goes back over 10 years to the F102 days.

Yes I do see this behavior w/ the BT20. It's more obvious with stiffer cars though, and cars with lower slip angles as those cars display the behavior more suddenly, but yes, it happens with every single car in any ISI sim - RF2, RF1, GT Legends, GSCE, F1C99-02, etc. etc.

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Guys, this is about the ASR mod...

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Excellent cars! looking forward to the rest of the season. Do the fezza and macca have multiple lods or not? If not will this be worked on for better fps?

Cheers