ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I think that the rFactor2 physics engine is fantastic, every little phisic modification to the physical i feel it in 2-3 curves, impressive !!

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1, great fun, great immersion. Thanks a lot to the ASR modding team.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

*EDIT* Nevermind, I figured out what happened. I had given Senna MY setup.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  4. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

great job! However, personally I prefer the '91 car physics, mainly because of the throttle response, that in '92 I find it too permissive. So I would like to make a genuine question: what will be the future choices for the next cars? will have the physics similar to '91 or '92, and why?

---------------------------------------------

Ottimo lavoro e grazie mille perché ci date la possibilità di pilotare questi fantastici bolidi. Personalmente però preferisco la fisica delle vetture del '91, con il '92 l'acceleratore troppo permissivo mi toglie il feeling con la vettura ed alla fine viene meno il piacere di guida. Le prossime vetture che farete tenderanno verso la fisica del '91 oppure verso quella del '92? Lo chiedo sinceramente, perché mi piacerebbe sapere come mai il '92 (e vedo pure il '94) sono così permissivi. In ogni caso è una mia opinione personale, a me piacerebbe che tutte le vostre vetture avessero la fisica simile al '91, la adoro, almeno nell'acceleratore. Comunque continuate con l'ottimo lavoro e grazie ancora per il vostro impegno! Mi sa che devo fare un'altra donazione, perché ve la meritate proprio.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

They are 2 different cars....why should they drive the same?

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Wow guys, really, really GREAT job! Big thanks!
    I just tested this mod (v1.81) for the first time and it really looks great.
    As some guys around here know me as a physics guy, here are my first feelings of the mod. These are just first time feelings, without even extracting and looking at the HDV file.
    1. Top speed seems quite oke to me. Quite some people have complained about this one, but I'm quite happy with the drag of the car. Maybe it is slightly too high. With 4FW and 1RW and 5 laps of fuel I managed to reach 327 km/h at Monza 2014, without slipstream of course. In reality they could reach about 332 km/h on this track (339 km/h on the old-Hockenheimring).
    2. I miss the power-slide in 1st and 2nd gear. I can push 100% throttle in 1st gear without a problem. In reality the engine was nearly undriveble in those gears. But on the other hand, for a league version it may be better to have a "driveble engine".
    3. It seems to me that the center of gravity is slightly too low (too optimistic). I don't think those cars were that stable in slow corners.

To summarize, I really like this mod and will follow the discussions and updates here! The basics of the physics, as well as the overall balance are already quite good. So, now I will go back to my pc and test this mod further :p.

Have fun racing!

7. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

Because I enjoy very much the '91 car physics :eek:, and I would sincerely like to know why there is so big difference between the two versions ('91 and '92).
    However, this is only a personal doubt. I can only thank the ASR team for all their great work

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Afaik, there wasn`t any technical changes, from 91 to 92. The only change of the reglement was the use of standard fuel...

//Edit: some Teams changed, some left F1, new Teams where formed etc

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The 91's still have DW12 place-holder physics, I think... :) You can still adjust the roll bars on the fly, that's for sure.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This is my view on it, and I certainly agree with what you noticed (I mentioned in my post last page). This 1992 is being worked on as a league edition first, and it's their first release to rF2. They're not yet going to try to simulate the actual driving characteristics - not all of them - of the cars just yet, so 1992 is more forgiving and easy to drive. We have plenty of grip and the rear wheels don't go wheelspin crazy despite large input. For HE (Historic Edition) it probably will be done to cater more to the early 90s cars' characteristics... though it's been stated it won't be a full attempt at simulating it in order to keep the car to some level of accessibility to all users.

11. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

Gosh I love their mods ! Guys feel free to donate them a few dollars, they deserve it and it helps for sure in the continuity of their fantastic work.

12. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

But rF2 has plenty of driving aids to make it accessible, without catering for it specifically. I even drive all the ISI cars with just a keyboard.

In this mod with default setup I have to turn TC fully off to get some rear wheelspin. With TC on and auto-clutch on, the engine sputters/stalls when accelerating from a standing start.

Yep, agreed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would like it if LE had the dulled throttle, but regular editions have a proper throttle response, which as stated above, should be incredibly lively and require a careful foot to keep under control in lower gears and lower speeds (with little or no downforce).

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The cars weren't manic things to drive especially compared to just a few years prior. With a sharper throttle response and less overall grip this should be much closer but like said numerous times, as it is, right now for LE, I'll take it and be happy as they resume focus to 91 and 94.

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

That depends upon where you are at in relation to the revs. I think it should NOT be lively and try to spin if you are below say 6,000 rpm.

16. traind

traind Registered

Great work guys. Have you ever thought of trying one of the turbo years... like 1986 perhaps?

17. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Honestly no, but maybe some single car could be made

18. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Bug report: I noticed today that the gear indicator in the McLaren '92 dashboard is very hard to see - in fact I never noticed it had a gear indicator before :D

imho, cars handle very nice, difficulty is well balanced, learning curve is not steep, but after a lot of practice you get to lap times you didn't think were possible 20~30 mins earlier.

I'm in the McLaren ^.^

19. traind

traind Registered

that would great... I'd love to see your take on the wild engine outputs from that era. I have a copy of a dyno reading from an 86 engine in case you guys want to give it a try.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hey guys. I made an update to the physics of this mod. It is a single component that can be installed as an update over v1.81 of the mod. It is only 0.5 MB. But before I attache it to this post, I want to ask the mod makers for their permission as it is their mod of course. I won't get hard feelings if I don't get permission :p. So please tell me if this is allowed.

I made several changes, but overall there should be less grip and slightly less drag, as my purpose is the make the physics as realistic as possible. The balance of the car hasn't changed much however as this feels already very good.