ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Alive and kicking people :p.

@ the first question of Associat0r: no, I do not know of a setting that can change the driveability of AI cars that don't have a F or R wing anymore. I agree with you that the AI can still drive very fast without (a) wing(s) (at least much faster than I can). But they are slower in corners than with a wing, so the effect is there. At least I noticed this in my F1_2013 mod.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My memory is a little off: does the AI eventually pit when a wing has broken off?

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

To be honest, I don't really know. Due to a big lack of time, I only test mods with qualifying and 4 laps races. I turn on "time scaled mech. failures" to test the thermal properties, but never drive 100% races. In such a short race distance AI cars do not pit when they loose (a) wing(s).

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I think I've seen them pitting when losing wings, even in very short races.

Btw regarding thermal properties, on short slow tracks like Monaco the engine is really close to overheating even in short races with max radiator size.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes, done by purpose. Use lower rev limiter and/or short shift. And don't follow other cars too closely.

6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

There used to be a bug, I do not know if it is still the case. Even though the AI cars would get repairs in the pits, graphically, they would still appear damaged. I believe it would last till the end of the session.
    TK

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Tell that to Nigel, though he didn't have any issues

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Curious, what exactly do you mean with "the engine is close to overheating"? Do you see (1) white smoke coming out of the engine in the mirrors, (2) the engine is on fire or (3) the engine just dies, without warning? In case (1) you can still drive about 10-25% of the race distance, if you drastically lower the revs. It only means your water temperature is too high. In case (2) and (3) it is game over, but if you see the engine on fire it means that your oil temperature is too high.

Let me explain that case (1) is done by purpose to be very critical sometimes. But I might increase the cooling properties of oil without air flow (so if the car stands still).

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I remember white smoke and the yellow temperature indicator, but don't let this affect you. Keep doing what's as realistic as possible.

10. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

Has there been any news on the next update from the official modders by any chance ?

11. tafkams

tafkams Registered

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

There's a lot of interest in this mod out and about on the interwebz. A lot of people are looking forward to your next move, as am I. :)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I was checking about, Senna's Boss Men's Fashion helmet sticker is flipped

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guimengo, is this with the normal, or the historic version of the mod? (as I have changed the values of the variables "DiffuserLimits", "FWMaxHeight" and "BodyMaxHeight" in the physics of the historic version. These 3 variables are related to the behaviour you see)

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

With the regular ASR release.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing invisible driver bodies with this mod?

I know I'm cutting it close for my GFX Memory (2GB) to run 25 of these cars and the '91 Ferrari. But even on very "ugly" tracks where I have plenty of video ram to spare, after a few laps and external camera changes the driver bodies just disappear on SOME (not all) cars. Helmets remain floating above the empty seat. If I zoom really far out I can see the body coming back.

Is it my setup or some general bug....?

regards

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It should be some lod setting of the car. I know what you are talking about and have posted in the ASR topic months ago.

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Guimengo. If you saw it too then I can stop fiddling around as it's likely a mod issue and not install issue.

20. Jon Denton

Jon Denton Registered

Thanks Frenky for this HE mod, it takes ASR's great work to the next level.

Does anyone know how to get a custom helmet or skin into this mod? The traditional method doesn't work, it ignored althelmet and alt paints in the player subdir.