ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ahhhh...

That's quite a brilliant idea. I didn't know upgrade definitions give the chance to set engine power as a percentage.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hmmm, sounds like the easiest way to make a "historic edition" out of the "league edition," since modelling other changes would be a ton of work. So in between someone being willing to do that huge amount, this approach gives a very nice approximation.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Does someone have exact qualifying times for Portugal for 1992? We need a comparable base to modify the AI parameters...

Is there a way to reduce reliability in Upgrades? I'd like to see more cars breaking.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Hexa,

I think with the upgrade option suggested by Lgel, and the RCD file from Surexxen it would now be possible to edit first the cars and then the drivers to get some realistic spread and order. Keeping in mind these were Q tires, and our Portugal is slightly different.
    But it's already impressive to see a time range of 5.5 seconds, whereas our AI now does not even 3 seconds.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Slightly different??? That turn one is massively faster than what exists now. Worth seconds for sure.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah that old T1 was really something else. Very fast and very cool. Not really comparable. :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The only comparable track from stock content is Interlagos, repaved or not.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's right. Except for the resurfacing, barriers and runoff areas, the layout hasn't changed at all, has it?

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't have photos to "prove" but even the subida do lago seems to be the same. The surface has changed but grip and bounciness hadn't until the last one in real life.... which I don't believe is captured by the game. That Interlagos was 2011 or something like that and it's Brazil we're talking about :p. Two previous works done to improve the asphalt backfired! Plus, the Estoril is "low poly" and not representative of the game's tech.

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I find the thick antenna (realistic no doubt) of the Williams disturbing in cockpit view, am I alone?
    Could it be an option on-off in the upgrades?
    Not a big deal I can choose an other car.

I enjoy a lot driving this mod.

Thanks again ASR Team.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You'll get used to it by next week :p

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Am I the only one who gets occasional "black screen" (mostly like a very dark transparent layer on top of the picture) with these cars on track? It happens in external and internal cam, for just a splitsecond every now and then.

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

No, I get it too

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for confirming, I was wondering if it's related to the safetycar from F1RFT2013 (which causes some issues). But I suppose if others see it, then not.

That black screen flicker, and the "arms coming out of torso" (which looks very weird from the cockpit view) would be two reasons I'd rather stick with 1.7 for now. Hopefully they are easy to fix :) - I know that black screen problem has been reported on other mods before, damn me if I can find a related thread right now.

The heat haze effect is really nice implemented now, and I love the rear light blinking in pit. This will be a top mod if the minor stuff is sorted.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I've noticed an issue with cockpit and driver lod, from certain angles (even when not too far) the driver body is missing, or the cockpit. Here's a shot from Newerburg:

View attachment 15766

Shadows/Special effects at Medium, road reflection to low, the rest is maxed.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I don't get a black screen (AMD card?), but I DO get a flickering rpm gauge in the cockpit, when it's above mid range (around 8,000 rpm).

18. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

It's awesome you guys are bringing back this mod to rF2. From 1.8 to a new version we definitely need a better driver model (I really hope to the same standards has the single cars you release).

Also I find the cars to shinny, I have no clue how it's called, maybe shaders on the car or something to make them look more natural looking.

Thank you.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I agree.... this kind of gloss should only be used on chrome or a mirror! :)

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You are talking about pre-1.8, right? Before it was a faded mirror, now it is closer to a car.