ARI Fun Race 5@Mills Park (Chicane) Day/Night Event.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Guess Bryan will have to disable the SC if it keeps triggering so easily

About the race distance, well, I don't much like sprint races.

2. Fergy

Fergy Registered

sorry nikos, I've been busy the last two days:rolleyes: but it's on my list of to do's.

Good to be getting feedback though.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

it seems busy means ...nice things:rolleyes:

4. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I've set the server for penalties only. Hopefully the SC won't rear it's ugly head. Still wondering what the point of a SC is in a sim?? Especially when the game is controlling it.
    A practice race tonight and we should have enough feedback.

5. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

The SC is kinda useless in short races but in my opinion a must have in longer races for the same reason as a dynamic weather system: tactical changes.
    At the moment of course it's easy to say that the SC comes out too often but as soon as we all get better the SC becomes more rare and will add a nice addition to the races by making them less predictable.

6. ippai

ippai Registered

these cars never had a safety car, so even if it worked properly I dont think we should have them. Im still trying to like this track so I prob will miss this one out, but Ill perceiver for a bit longer.

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

you'll get there ippia, I'm online tonight if you'd like some help? Been busy the last days with my new build. Check it out:p Always problems when you put this stuff together...

8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I see some people complain about this track. What is it you don't like of it?. I think it's very challenging and I like that.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Its not an easy track, soo many turns to remember. A lot of times I loose orientation.
    but all in all its a fun place to be, its so well made and it suits F3 horsepower much more than any other track weve been imho.
    Not such a bottleneck as Monaco either, a lot of places to escape.

10. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I've uploaded a video doing a couple of fast laps at this track. Hope it helps the people who can't find the pace here.

11. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Great Video G.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Voting

Guys, about the voting option in the server;

I have a few problems with that...... first of all, when I come in cold, during quali and want to do the warmup too; I should be allowed to vote "no" if I don't want to skip the warmup, right?
    Smart remarks on my account shouldn't be necessary...... You have the right to say yes or no, that's whats voting os for and I don't want to be the trouble maker if I vote different.

Then; it happened that I drive out on the 5 minute mark on quali to drive two fast laps; someone opted to vote for a direct going to the race and you can guess what happened; on the straight, just before the finish line when I was doing my last sector nice; it went to race.......
    Now of course that wasn't on purpose, but we should really pay more attention to the others, what they are doing......couldn't have hurt to wait till warmup began that few seconds.
    I know it was an accident, the guys in there I see as friends and they didn't want this to happen, but hopefully you can imagine that I was pretty "not happy" at the time.

Now whats wrong with doing the sessions as they are supposed to be??
    Sure, if there is a start crash and the race needs to be done over or something obvious like that, I say it's okay, but not skipping sessions for a few minutes or even seconds. Give people time I say.

Like your opinion :)

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Straight forward opinion is, sometimes we dont have time for warmups because we have to leave asap, sometimes were just tired, sometime we are eager to race.
    When somebody asks for it, I personally yield cause the guy who asks will have his reason.
    If people dont wish this, they just dont vote.
    By saying NO to somebody's wish, which wish doesnt cost you anything, that means you dont give a damn about his wish imho.
    btw I didnt stop you tonight, I was away at the time.

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I think it's really wrong to say that if I USE my vote to say "no", it means I don't give a damn about his feelings or wish.
    It's what voting is for, isn't it? I had my own wish and I don't say to all the others, saying "yes" that they don't give a damn.
    I sure would like a few minutes of driving before going to race.

I DO think however, that making the guy saying "no", the bad guy, is a matter of don't giving a damn about feelings.........

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I said imho, perhaps other people have different opinion about this and Im wrong.
    I would really like to hear what the rest have to say.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Me too.......
    Don't know why I should be allowed to vote "no".....why I shouldn't have the option of choosing and why some other guy's wish is more important than mine.

BTW, I really don't know what "imho" stands for, so I skipped that part.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

In My Humble Opinion...

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, that makes it a bit different than.
    Lets just wait some more reactions.

BTW; I know you were not the one voting me out of my best lap and I know if you would have been there and I got kicked out, you wouldn't have done that on purpose, regardless your feelings towards me, you wouldn't have.

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

It's a vote Nav, simple as that. Don't take it personal. Like Nikos said, sometimes guys just want to get to the race. We have two regular admins, Gorka and Martin who can overwrite the room settings and of course Dany and I.
    Why not use the race as your warm Wim? I do it a lot when I get into a room late, 10 minutes later your warmed up:)

Maybe we could do with one more regular admin, if your interested PM me.

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Fergy, I don't really take it that serious, it's more like people should be allowed to vote otherwise if they wish; not everyone is the same.

What I started this for, is the question why don't we just "do the program"? But I know it's a long wait too, that's right.

Using the race as a warmup without even driven a few nice laps.......now I know that's going to look like bumpercars in my case ;)

I will give you a pb later today, thanks.