any official final release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Maybe rF2 isn't finished, but 80% (at least) of the users doesn't know how to use it properly.
    This soft have an insane amount of possibilities.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Inb4 everyone lists their problem with every item in Noel's list :p

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Simply...Yes! I gave up long ago when it was obvious ISI did it their way, sure some things we have wished for have come true but I've accepted that not everyone can have everything they want changed...that would take ISI 10 years in itself if that were to come true. The post I quoted is the perfect example of someone not getting RF2 the way THEY want it so they rant and rave which again is pointless as per Tims responses in this thread which say as much.

Just be happy we have RF2 at the state it's in (which is not Beta BTW!) and that it IS getting better most builds, especially the last couple!

4. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

I will use this thread to ask what probably a gazillion people already asked since I´m not coming too much to the forums to "chat" lately (my G27 is not working right, yet I still play time to time) but I come almost every day to check for some news of my favourite simulator.

Any little minor news about how more or less are we going to get a new update or content? Just a short answer with an approximated period of time will be enough Tim...No hurry on you guys I know you are working hard to sort things out and there is way too much criticism (and negative as well) around here lately.

And a some intrusive question that I´m not going to force you to answer...but I care because you are the guys making "my" game/simulator so I care for you all...Finances, how are they going for you/ISI? Is your company "healthy" enough and is rFactor 2 a profitable product?

Sorry to ask this here to the open crowd...but hope all the things goes in the right direction for your team.

PS: My main language is Spanish so don´t misunderstood my questions or the intention of them. I know this is a little bit outside of the game/product themes/topics.

Also...tell Honda to hurry up. I want that Civic!! ;)

Have a great day, Tim. :D

5. ViSo

ViSo Registered

ding ding ding ding ding!
    +1000

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Target before xmas for an update, updated GM cars, updated track possibly. As always, it's a target only at this point.

Regarding Honda, we are considering doing a 0.9 IP removed release for you to 'test' if I don't hear back very soon. Calling things a technology preview seems popular these days, so we'll call it that, will be interesting to get feedback anyway.

Gjon doesn't run the company in a way that things get worrying. It's not about making a quick buck, risks, using your users, etc. That's the whole point. :)

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

I like the sound of all of those things!

Also, you should sticky this thread, as it seems to be a continuous cycle of insanity that comes up regularly.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would also like to ask some questions but I lay it down and i think i already did often enough still.
    I can understand you guys, I myself was long independent in the vehicle business but it's really slow mo WIP project, even it's my favorite it need's ages. Now i can understand why but that doesn't change thing's much, not every user will have understanding and keep patience while not able to use something as intended or whatever.

Me has enough with single car performance for a while, but even me get's bored after some time, and i for sure have a absolute different POV about cars and the use of simulation. I'm usually not gaming, having fun yes.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Lol. The same names pop up out of the wood work as well. :p

10. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much Tim, Glad to hear all that.

Waiting for that Christmas present. ;)

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes and it is very interesting to see or know how many things and people are sometimes linked to a point or a single person and with what this person has to fight a daily day by contact to the public with a science like this.

http://imagespaceinc.com/company/location/

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How long did rF take to evolve, never happens overnight. :)

For some perspective I waited 6 years for V8 Supercars v2.0 ! ( 2005-2011 )

;)

13. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

rFactor to me is like a good old Wine. It takes time but it ends being the best. ;)

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Exactly, those are some of the titles that came to mind aswell, just like for instance Aliens Colonial Marines or Rome2 ... And a day after release the internet exploded and EA spend a month endlessly patching the game untill it was somewhat working. In some countries they were even pulled in front of a courth because it was so awfull they had to refund the game. And that was because the complaints came in their thousands.

We have 100guys here which is chicken**** compared to that... And please for all that is good, don't try to compare yourself to EA when trying to make an argument, they have been voted worse company of the US for multiple years. Please aim higher than that.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I was only comparing to a "mainstream" title as suggested, you can't get more mainstream that what EA publish.

16. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Who knows, maybe it's because of my crappy English but it sounded more like "They can do it, why can't we" :)

17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

It was worth, this mod is outstanding.

Good to hear.

Honestly i like that kind of threads too, and this being myself a "great" critic about Rfactor 2 development (the more you like a thing the more you...).

PS: another spanish fan, please excuse any horrible language fault.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The WIP thing is nowhere near new... people seem to forget that back in the days when games came on disks they still had bugs, and were rarely fixed at all. Along came the internet (and online play) and things like Quake 2 had 2 years of patches before 'final' (and it was only the final because no other patches were released).

I'm not a fan of some aspects of rF2 development (mainly that in some areas we seem to be waiting for features to be a high level before we get them, rather than getting a quick and nasty version we can use while waiting for the excellent one - look at turbos, straight from nothing to hundreds of parameters [dare I mention KERS?] - or we get functional if quite simplified features that are only half-baked, like weather we have to manually make random but only has 3 variations covering 13 sessions which severely limits its usefulness) but can't deny ISI's been pretty clear on where things are at.

Expectations were probably higher than warranted at the very start, and I don't think that was entirely the fault of the end-users (I certainly got the impression ISI were aiming for a faster timeframe for basic functionality than eventuated), but things don't always go to plan.

Anyway, looking at this thread title... how come it didn't just end with a "No." post? :p

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Let them finish the game and then, it will be easier to use.

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

One of the best things about christmas was the excitement when impatiently waited for presents. Thanks for bringing that little boy back! :)