any official final release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Could you give me an example for Silverstone please Noel?

Edit: Got it, thx.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The cams are in the mass files. You have to use MAS2 to extract the cam from the MAS files and then patch it, then put the new version back in the MAS. Then repackage the whole rfcmp, then install the new version. But it doesn't really matter as I looks like my testing was flawed and fixing the values in the cam file don't extend the shadow range as they should. But I have noticed that I don't have shadow popup as long as I have shadows set to max. On my rig that isn't really practical. If I switch to high the shadow range is very short.

So, although there are shadow ranges in the cam file, they don't seem to solve the problem even if you set the values very very high.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

I just tried it on LD and it looks better indeed (not perfect yet as the very dark undercar shadows still aren't as they should be) but I got some heavy stuttering now in replays.

Tried also with very cloudy settings and still works :).

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Lovely...

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Possibly and probably, yeah, though I don't really remember saying that. Nevermind anyway.

What I would say is that rF1 went 'gold' (onto DVD) 3 years after it was released. Content was released and the sim was updated and bugfixed a LOT during those 3 years (you can look at the release notes on sites that carry the rF1 patches). Most people want to know an official release date, I know that, and although rF2 won't have one, I would refer back to rF1 if you want timing that might be applicable for additional release methods like possibly a DVD.

6. sFactor

sFactor Registered

The ongoing improvements are a good thing IMO. But the current state of the software is so far off from anything I would call ready for prime time use. The graphics issues are just stopping this simulator from truly rising to the top. That is my Number One beef with the current state the rF2.

Whatever you want to call the current release status is irrelevant. I have very high hopes for RF2 and right now, even with all of the shortcomings, shows it has much more potential than anything else on the market.

I run rF1, GSC2012, iRacing, AC preview, and rF2. The sheer immersion of car handling in RF2 wins hands down against all of these sims, though AC is a TON of fun to drive, it just feels like the physics are somehow faked and not being updated real-time somehow. Almost as if the physics events are somewhat scripted rather than dynamic calculations. Regardless it is a ton of fun.

I was driving the Clio's on LRP last night and came out of that last corner to the finish stretch a little hot and trying diligently to get the car back in shape I put it up on two wheels. I swear I felt the car slowly lifting from the left side and was just ecstatic in the immersion. I was on two wheels for a good 100 meters or more. I was not able to hold onto it and put her on the roof, but the whole time I could feel the car doing exactly as my inputs should have produced. I haven't grinned that hard in a long time driving any sim, ever!

With 342, the graphics performance is now, acceptable (Radeon 7870 OC). Acceptable, that's it, not ready for prime time. Put this out to masses as a commercial product to the casual user and the back lash would be huge IMO.

Still Beta..... :)

Riff

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I rolled a Corvette at Silverstone. I wasn't grinning. :X

8. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Maybe the biggest problem with rFactor2 currently is all of the people complaining!

A few things to consider...

1. ISI never promised the beta would be in a functional state when released, that it would surpass rF1 initially, that it would be developed at any particular pace or have any specific timetable for completion.

2. You want the most advanced PC racing simulation ever developed, with many features never even seen before in any racing title that needs to run on both low to mid level hardware for the casual user, and also for high end triple screen setups in less than two years? That's like thinking you're going to start out your racing career in the Skip Barber car and work your way up to winning the Formula One championship in two seasons in real life, not likely!

3.The purpose of buying into a beta isn't for your own selfish desires. It's to help develop the product so it comes out good.

4. You paid $43 or $85...you didn't buy a $200,000 Ferrari! Did you even have to put eight hours of labor in at a job to earn enough money to purchase this game?

5. Most of the people here realize what they bought into and don't want to waste hours reading all of your negative BS while they're trying to sift through the forums to get relevant information to improve their gaming experience.

6. Complaining loudly, in a demanding tone like a small child who didn't get his ice cream cone isn't going to make the game development any faster or better. It may however turn away a few hundred to a few thousand people from purchasing the game taking valuable money away from ISI that would be used to speed the development and improve the game just like you want.

7. If you've played the game for 100 hours since you purchased it, it has cost you .43 cents per hour. Truth is you're getting a lot for a little and the volume and intensity of your complaints is way out of proportion to the amount of money you've put out.

Perspectives of a racer...

ISI is the crew chief and you are the driver...Do you think coming in and telling the crew chief the car sucks and that qualifying is coming up pretty quick so hurry up and make the car good so you can go out and set the pole position will produce good results in real life? No... all you're going to do is piss off the crew chief and the rest of the team.

This is more like racing "software" than racing game. Just like in real life, even if you have the best car at the racetrack you have to dial your car in which takes time, knowledge, and skill. Even when this game is totally finished it is going to take some time and tweaking to get it to work optimally. Without these ingredients your on track experience will be much less than it could be. Spending time complaining is like thinking about your competitors and what they're doing during the race weekend. It's not going to make you faster and it's a waste of time and energy.

Closing thoughts...

For the price nothing really compares...It costs $1000 a day minimum to hit the real racetrack. This of course doesn't include the price of the car. Sim racing is a bargain compared to real life.

If it is really that bad for you just drop it and move on, or go back to the old generation games that you were playing before. Come back when the game is finished and stop cluttering up the forums with useless information and mini tantrums.

I feel the real reason most people are upset, is the game has so much potential and many aspects of it are so awesome that they just can't wait to have it all.

This is a racing simulation software and most people want the most realistic experience that they can get. Try being realistic and act like a real racer. Have a positive attitude, give constructive feedback, don't focus on things that you can't control.

For those of you who have a hard time understanding the context of this post, can't realize this game wasn't made especially for you, that your small financial contribution doesn't give you the right to badger ISI continuously, make the forums difficult to use for their intended purpose and not be a very fun place to spend time in... I will bring it down to your level for you.

Stop being such a tool... and if you don't have anything nice to say please STFU!

9. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Absolutely Brilliant!! Very well said!!!

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RF2 stopped being a beta this time last year....just so you know

11. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

SpeedLab, that's perfect.

12. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

@speedLab

Classic post mate , you nailed it .

13. Gupster

Gupster Registered