Announcing Indy 500 Licensing for rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2013.

1. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Yeah... Actually I feel pretty bad about that one. I let my irritation at some of the negativity in the community get the better of me and ended up contributing to it and that was uncalled for ...

Sorry guys, and especially JP... We should all be enjoying this and not getting after each other so much and I need to keep my head down and wait for a few of the mods I'm really excited about and work on these files that are keeping me up every night ;)

2. willpinataman

willpinataman Registered

Hope you guys get AJ Foyt in the game :D Mainly cause I wanna race against Sato and Daly :p

3. mittenes

mittenes Registered

Thanks for your answer. Have a nice day

4. Banger

Banger Registered

yes we call them pickups in the uk too , you call them trucks, ) , but thanks for the answer tim, foxtrot ,

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Look forward to driving the current Indy cars on this famous track. Amazing that this isn't going to be DLC but free added content for everyone.

I do hope at least one of the street courses get licensed, e.g. Sao Paulo, St. Petersburg, Detroit, Baltimore, Long Beach, etc. Some of those double as ALMS tracks so would be great for the C6R as well. Long Beach has the F1 history, probably the obvious choice, but I'd love to see something like Baltimore or Detroit get added.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Big +1 on a street track. I imagine St Pete or Belle Isle would be the easiest to do with the minimum amount of buildings etc.

Please ISI? :D

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Was watching some Indy races on TV and was surprised to see how many thumb injuries there were. Looks like a redesign of the steering wheel is needed.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I work on the streets of St Pete I hope they make this track for the game. Hey ISI if you need pics I can walk the route of the race and take pics of every corner! No licensing is needed either as they are all public roads and the red paint that outlines the track limits is painted on year round. I like the Race07 version of the track but it does not capture the road crown, the many different surfaces or how rough the track is especially in places where it runs through the parking lot for USF. Those streets are anything but smooth.

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

They don't have power steering, like in F1, so they have to muscle these cars.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Be great if Charlotte is released pretty soon too (with road course / infield also )

There are some earlier screenshots from ISI if Charlotte so think its in the works

Another favourite

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's a shame Danica isn't there to teach them all to let go. :)

12. 88mphTim

Thanks for all the nice feedback on these licenses everyone.

13. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Wonder if there is a way to dovetail the IDT '95 mod into what you are doing with the Reynard i95. I am adding a few things that are pretty cool to try to bring back the nostalgia of that season.

14. 88mphTim

I don't know, I haven't had much luck in working with mod teams so far for one reason or another. Right now we'd probably build it ourselves.

15. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Tim,

That reminds me of the Mercedes 300 SLR. There was a modding team working on that one and if I am correct you asked the guys to sent a PM to see if something could be worked out. What would be the latest on that?

16. 88mphTim

That nothing was worked out.

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

ic:) thanks

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Sorry to be a pest Tim but i'd like to ask how some cars are coming along, like the Cobra, btcc car and Camero?

19. 88mphTim

BTCC car quite far along, as is Camaro. Cobra behind those right now. Sometimes we have to wait for someone we are working with for data to actually provide it. BTCC we have most of what we need so that's why it'll probably come first in those you mentioned, even though the Camaro was seen first.

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Can't wait to drive that Camaro! :)