Animating something other than a marshal

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by ethone, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

Ok, so I tried animating a LED flag/digiflag (like this one: http://www.australianmotorsportforums.com.au/forum/gallery/d/1231-5/IMG_7349.JPG) and was hoping for it to activate on the same condition as the marshals. I named the object CornerWorker_000 and the animation I exported CW_FLAGWAVE and CW_FLAGHELD for the standard yellow flag events.
    The ISI CornerWorkers work and activate just fine, I temporarily disabled them to test my digiflags.

For the animation I just used simple move transformations on the vertices, having created two versions of the digiflag, one off the other lit. Playing the keyframed animation in 3ds max looks just fine. Frame 0 is the "base" state with an unlit board, Frames 1-3 are the "lit" state. Since I'm not actually having any movement I just use those 3 frames in the "lit" state.
    My animation export is set up as follows (Morph Target, which I guessed would be the correct selection, produced a 48 bytes anm file that made rF2 crash when the track finished loading):
    View attachment 1374

My SCN section is:
    Instance=CornerWorker_000
    {
    VisGroups=(32)
    MeshFile=CornerWorker_000.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(12)
    // AnimFile=CW_FLAGDOWN01.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGHELD.ANM
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGWAVE.ANM
    // AnimFile=CW_SAFETYCAR01.ANM
    // AnimFile=CW_VICTORY01.ANM
    }

I tried this "workaround" since the yellow flag trigger in rF1 was only activated on full course cautions, not local yellows.