Advice on most (if not all) purchase type issues at this time...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Jan 11, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

If you haven't made a purchase:

Try purchasing.
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/first-time-install/

If you've requested a refund:

Note that this is only a request. It doesn't mean it is processed yet and it is NOT instant. Please only request ONCE. If you do it more than once, you're only slowing the process down for yourself and others. Refunds can take 2-3 working days (and we may need to receive your money before we can send it back to you).

If you purchased, refunded, purchased, you may have two transactions showing on your payment method until the refund you requested is processed. This is unfortunately how financial institutions work, nothing instant.

If you think you've made a purchase but are being told to wait due to pending payment:

In many situations the best thing you can do is try reactivating. To do this:
    1. Run launcher.
    2. Open Purchase tab.
    3. Click reactivate.
    4. Enter email and password (lowercase) and sign in.
    5. Make a note of your Order Number (on the right) which looks like RF--------.
    6. Go to the Simulate tab. Now hopefully the Single player and mod mode buttons are in color.

If not color? It didn't work (see below).
    If they are color, then you can now try logging into the Online race (using lowercase email and password).

If you are still pending payment and you cannot reactivate:

Email purchase@rfactor.net with the following information:
    Your order number (looks like RF--------) if you have it. If you do not have it, say so.
    What your launcher looks like. Is single player in color? Are all options grey?
    Say that you have pending payment, tried reactivating and it didn't work.

If you think you've made a purchase/have made a purchase/your purchase isn't working right/options are greyed out/you can't login for multiplayer:

In many situations the best thing you can do is try reactivating. To do this:
    1. Run launcher.
    2. Open Purchase tab.
    3. Click reactivate.
    4. Enter email and password (lowercase) and sign in.
    5. Make a note of your Order Number (on the right) which looks like RF--------.
    6. Go to the Simulate tab. Now hopefully the Single player and mod mode buttons are in color.

If not color? It didn't work.
    If they are color, then you can now try logging into the Online race (using lowercase email and password).

If you cannot reactivate, as you have already reached five activations:

Your order number (looks like RF--------) if you have it. If you do not have it, say so.
    Say that you have reached 5 activations and need more.

If you tried reactivating, and it didn't help your launcher to become color:

Tell them you tried reactivating and it failed to make your launcher color.

Everything works, but you are 'Unknown' in multiplayer:

Some have reported that checking 'remember me' when logging into multiplayer fixes it, but we've not confirmed this yet.

DO NOT alter the player files in appdata to fix this, it may cause issues for you in the future. We're working on a fix that won't cause problems in the future. It may be that we do this for you, just keep racing. :)

Thanks for your patience.

Tim.

2. alexandreafc

alexandreafc Registered

Hi... about reactivation...

I have the option of withdrawing the activation of a machine. For example I have a computer in my company and it enabled the RF2. In my house I have my PC and my Notebook there are up to three machines. From time to time I have to format my machines so I want to withdraw before formatting the activation of them not to burst my five activations. I have several programs that do this, I'm never limited. How this works in the RF2?

3. 88mphTim

You'll just have to activate on the other machines. The 5 limit is a soft limit (ie: you can contact us to get more). It's just to make it difficult for people who might try to install it and activate on a huge number.

4. alexandreafc

alexandreafc Registered

Thanks Tim this is enough to me, but it's cool to think in a way to remove activation. Thanks.. and congratulations... You are the best. I am confident that the final version will be a spectacle.

5. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Refund?

Refund? I want more and am willing to wait for more content!!! Who would want a refund anyway?

6. Prowler

Prowler Registered

Hi
    Since you have a problem with the java application I tryed a dosin times before I so: "Payment for license is pending. Once payment has cleared, a license will be downloaded."

Has my purchase been registrated and will it charge me with all my tryes or do one have to confirm it in the onlinebank first?

brgds
    Prowler

7. 88mphTim

As above, try reactivating if it'll let you, if it won't let you, then do what it says to do it reactivating didn't help.

8. Prowler

Prowler Registered

Can't see anyting that starts with an RF, only thin I can see is that is not a "part" of the website is "License not found"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  9. michael1

michael1 Banned

Mine says Payment for license is pending. Once payment has cleared, a license will be downloaded. what is this have i payed or not???

10. Dillman91

Dillman91 Registered

yeah im getting "Licence not found"

dont understand why the process is taking soo long... nearly on 11 hours

11. 88mphTim

Are you guys contacting support?

12. Dillman91

Dillman91 Registered

yeah no reply tho

13. Nepka

Nepka Registered

14. 88mphTim

Ok, as long as you are... The list above gave just one solution and everything else was about providing different info to support so they can fix it for you. :)

15. Dillman91

Dillman91 Registered

just seems like there visa credit card side of the payment isnt working or something cause everyone having problems is using that type of payment

16. 88mphTim

Added pending payment to the list above.

17. michael1

michael1 Banned

i dont no if i payed or not lol

18. Amer

Amer Registered

I bought the game almost 20 hours ago, and still notthing I got no email nor can i login or reactivate licence.
    If my transaction didnt go through it would be great to get an email saying so if not then why is it taking 20 hours ?

19. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Registered

ok whats the situ for those who reported declined card transaction, yet still getting pending license message ?

20. michael1

michael1 Banned

i am sure they will fix it