Adelaide Clipsal 500 V1.0 - by Digga

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Lou Is, Sep 11, 2015.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Its 328 meg, make sure it fully downloaded, I have this problem often when my internet craps out, I think its all there, drop the rfcmp in and it doesn't show.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

No ,same size just cant seem to find it ??

3. shiet

shiet Registered

I'm pretty sure it is not as in true life (just as this is the case with every track in games) also I'm sure the street circuit of Adelaide is not completely flat, that would be a real miracle.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nice street circuit, not too narrow. I did enjoy it. And it looks good too. Thanks.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Found it in another user cache on my pc. Weird.. The streets of Adelaide are not that bumpy guys.. Depending on car and set and head movement in game. Try the ASR 92's to get the feel of a stiffer car

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

If you watch the v8 supercars go round it's actually pretty smooth surface. They bounce on the kerbs but I've not seen anything from the races to suggest the track is bumpy. Monaco isn't that bumpy anymore, street circuits are slowly getting smoother these days

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

8. shiet

shiet Registered

Watch the guys head how mirror-smooth the track is... I'm not talking about big bumps but small bumps.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
  9. shiet

shiet Registered

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What year is the circuit based on?

11. shiet

shiet Registered

I just realised that writing here comments/critics about the track is probably useless because the author is not reading this thread.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Not criticizing this track but just tracks in general in racing games: they are still a joke compared to real-life in terms of track surface detail - maybe, and probably, not in terms of elevation change, camber, width, kerb placement, length, layout, etc. but in terms of actual track surface modelling of all the bumps and irregularities. In games it's more like .....smooth......smooth....bump....smooth....bump..... It's smooth until you get to a point where "OK, track maker inserted bump here"...Smooth..."OK, track maker inserted bump or series of bumps here".....smooth...repeat, repeat, rather than hundreds if not thousands of microbumps - of all slightly varying size, shape, and severity - placed in all sorts of areas.

It's like track physics regarding the hundreds if not thousands of bumps and minute irregularities (which aren't minute when driving a racecar), relative to car physics of modern day games, are the equivalence of the car physics of an early 90s PC sim.

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I tend to agree, tracks for the most part are just tooo smooth. When we get to ovals, someday, since these things only get repave ever 12 to 15 years, why in the world are they made glass smooth. F1 tracks and the more used Indy tracks I understand, but the tracks that are are used weekly and the smaller tracks for clubs, even K&N series, Whelen series and the like do not have ultra smooth tracks. The favorite tracks used by those classes are the ones with memorable surface character, not just the layout.

I know we don't have those types of cars yet, but what says we can't go ahead and get some of those types of tracks. Pool table surface tracks can get pretty "old hat" fairly quick.

Just realized I sound like I'm griping, maybe I am to a point, I'm really glad that we have so much material to drive on, it's just that most are unnatural as far as surface goes.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Because they don't have the money?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 surfaces support micro undulations, and in a proper 'noisy' way instead of the simple sine curves of rF1. I suspect early builds of rF2 made cars react more harshly to these than recent builds (and/or cars) and perhaps a lot of surfaces are a little too smooth for that reason, but unless a track maker for some reason decides to take those out (all ISI tracks have them) no track surface is actually completely flat. They may feel and look that way because of the car suspension and view settings.

But, I think probably what you really want are more of the deliberate bumps that you can see in footage of cars driving along a race track (especially tintops, because the front spoiler clearance is a good visual tool) that might number in the tens down a straight, but track makers tend not to take the time to include. It's a bit of a balancing act, because those bumps can vary over years with resurfacing etc, and people who don't notice those little undulations in real life will feel those bumps and complain about them. You could add some noise to the track mesh (and probably a lot of track makers do) but making those large enough to easily notice is dangerous because it might not reflect the real track bumps at all.

*Oh, and one more thing: real tracks that only run races like the V8s and Porsches may have more freedom to let the surface degrade over time, than they would if they were running, say, F1 races. So if a track maker tried to replicate a real street circuit with all its current bumps, it might not reflect at all the track condition if that track were made ready to run a more demanding series - and in sims you kind of need to support everything. So maybe that's a factor as well.

16. shiet

shiet Registered

Well in this area laser scanned tracks are the solution, you can feel the microbumps in iR/AC but that comes with a price.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've been on Mosport and Sears Point / Infineon in real life (plus others) and they're not like any game including laser scanned versions in IR. Yes, IR versions have more detail in terms of track surface irregularities and the placement and dimensions of those irregularities and therefore they are fantastic for a videogame - no doubt about it - but in terms of all the mini and micro bumps and the general "noise" of a real-life road surface, even iRacing is far from reality in my opinion.

18. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

But you can't honestly expect people (whom work for gaming companies or do this as a hobby) to be "perfect"? I hate the fact that because it's not got random bumps you assume it's wrong. And you want them to do thousands, many millions of bumps/rises added into the track which may been flatten out in real life? Are you insane? The work gone into this track has been huge, yet still people complain. If no game is "realistic" to you why do you play?

I will happily take this track, along with many others, and drive round it even if it's not 100% realistic. Because it's dam good fun, it's great looking, the mesh from the road and kerbs are giving me tons of feedback through the wheel and there is no random jumps in the track, and that gives me the satisfaction in enjoying driving round an iconic race track and mentally puts me in the zone because the track doesn't feel odd or randomly jump up and down. If you don't like playing games because they don't have every 1mm bump then you are insane. Stop playing video games, and sell your PC. The time spent to make tracks is huge. The people behind this version of track don't and probably won't ever get a laser scanned version or data to prove how the track is. And I'd love to see your work, see how good you can make a track...

Give the modders some respect, rF2 has started growing better with content these past few months, but people still criticise over the smallest/impossible to please issues. Seems like it's impossible to please people

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I never heard a V8 driver at Adelaide that never included the word bumpy.

lol

lol

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

:p

SHows you difference look at Deb rattling and flapping about even on the straights if she never had a belt on ( even though the seat is ill fitting )
    she would have been tossed out.

Look at Brighty he is barely moving which gives the impression it is smooth as ;)

P.S. Did I see her mouth the word "...." ? lool