Able to see only one track in Dev mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Johannes Rojola, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I have three different track projects. Problem is that I can only see one of those in the game together with Joesville and Belgium (which I converted to Dev mode). If I want to change track, I need to remove or move the two other track folders.

Does this relate to GDB file or where? How can I make all the three tracks show in the menu at the same time...?

...as opposed to rF1 where you just put your track on Locations folder and that's it.

2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

i Think you need the DDS icon file in X.8.8.8 xrgb format and tdf file in base folder. the GDB look in the Joesville and change it.

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

A couple things might be happening here:

--Your new tracks are all using the same UI icons and you're being fooled by it...

--Your tracks are named the same in the GDB, and so only one is being displayed....

If those two things are not the case then you might want to post up some more information if possible...

4. Johannes Rojola

- I used same lines in GDB as Joesville (actually this was only way of ever getting any track to show...)

- I don't have any UI files assigned to my tracks, are they required?

5. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

no, not required. I would change the naming of the track in each gdb if you haven't already

6. Johannes Rojola

Yes it has been changed and is consistent with original ISI content... This is very odd problem.

7. Essemo

Essemo Registered

I am having the same problem. Can only see one other track in the menu besides Joesville. Is there any solution to this?

8. ethone

ethone Registered

How many tracks have you created and put into dev mode Essemo? ;)
    Unless you put new ones into Dev Mode, you'll only see Joesville. Sepang, Estoril etc. aren't for dev mode.

9. freew67

freew67 Registered

Maybe load up your files so we can look at them. No need for the gmt's or tex but just the core files so we could at least see where the error might be.

10. Essemo

Essemo Registered

I've put two converted tracks into Dev Mode. When I put the first one in, I can see it along with Joesville. But when I put the next one in I can't see it. However if I then remove my first converted track from Dev Mode, the second one suddenly appears. My GDB files for the two converted tracks are identical, apart from the different names. I don't have any of the stock rFactor 2 tracks in Dev Mode.

11. ethone

ethone Registered

Ok, are you sure there is no "overlap" in naming between the two gdb files of your converted tracks (i.e. crucial lines that are the same in both but would need to be different)?
    A classic example would be the very first line of the file with the track string, before the opening curly bracket. Apart from that, make sure the TrackName, EventName, GrandPrixName and VenueName are different (they should only ever be the same between two "tracks" if one is just a different configuration).

12. Essemo

Essemo Registered

Just an update, I finally managed to solve this. It was of course a mistake on my part! I forgot to put the VenueIcon line into the GDB files of the converted tracks. I've done this now for all my tracks and I can see them all fine with no problems. Thanks again for the assistance.