[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 2.5

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The position of the motec into the real car is exactly this one... We'll try to tilt a little the motec, but the steering wheel hides a little it. If you lower the driving seat you see it but no longer have a good view of the track... as happens in several mods.

View attachment 14636

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

About FFB, no idea at all: I haven't enough experience on this argument... In case I'll decrease a little the strength value
    About the cockpit view and other views, I'm setting them more harmonious...
    About the cockpit view and reflections on windshield, what you see is mostly the reflection of several parts of the tracks (curbs too) that are "highlighted" by the chromed pipes of the roll bar: I spent a lot of time to have a "live" cockpit and I can accept it cannot please everyone (lol)... You know that I appreciate your suggestions, but I'm not sure to come back to the previous look.

3. Maug

Maug Registered

I was actually talking about the cockpit view not the Motec. In that previous cockpit the view is great, just a bit too low. I'm a tall guy and like to have an overview rather than hedgehopping. Personnally i never look at the Motec so i'm not bothered if i don't see it because i'm too high.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Slow Motion, no problem at all, this is just my point of view, and I feel alone as nobody reacted, so you shouldn't loose any times on my remarks for sure ;)

Thanks for your work in any case, I really appreciate this car, spot on! :)

5. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Completely agree. No sense in having 3 or 4 threads for one single mod. Why not updating first post whenever theres an update?

Thanks for the update.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FFB is definitely heavier for me than v.2.0. Personally, I think it is too heavy now and that it felt natural/realistic in v.2.0. This is extremely odd, because increasing the steering up to 828 degrees should have lightened the steering if it was going to make any difference at all...?!?!?

Do the track versions of these cars really use a 828 degree steering ratio? That seems too slow for a track car, but I would prefer to use whatever matches the real car. With the rF2 auto-set steering ratio, I have not once had to adjust the steering lock in a car--which is how it should be if one wants to use realistic settings. I don't need to adjust this one--828 is workable, but I am just doubting that the real racers would put up with such a slow ratio when it can be changed so easily in the real car to a quicker one.

The steering lock adjustment in rF2 should only be needed if you have a strange wheel that doesn't have at least 900 degrees of rotation or for some other reason works really badly. I am so thankful the olden days are gone where you had to make this adjustment on every car just to get a workable set-up. One of the best features of rF2!

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

- the 4 camera cars views are now harmonized and "standardized" where possible
    - still working on motec, its leds and position in the car. It seems there is no way to have it in the real position without the steering wheel doesn't hide leds, etc... I can position it higher in the cockpit where was the default instrument... any idea?
    - about the FFB, etc... I know 2 real official data of the car: the turning diameter (curb to curb) and the steering turns (lock to lock): putting these data into rF2, I get back the steering wheel degrees. Like for a lot of other coefficients and their functionality I'm not expert to evaluate if the result is correct as well as I have no data from racing teams to know if they change the values vs. the factory ones... About the strength I notice the steering wheel is "hard and heavy" if you are pitted, but driving and pushing the car (sliding a little), it becomes much softer and lighter... Personally I prefer it softer and lighter in any occasion like you, but I do not think that it can be the choice of the most.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If the street version uses 828 degrees, that would make sense. That is a little bit sporty for a street car. A track version would likely use something in the 600 to 720 range.

The street car steering weight would be a bit lighter than what we had in v.2.0. I thought it became heavier because of the smaller lock-to-lock (can't remember what the value was, but it was much lower than 828). Now we have something that is heavier than what the track car would use.

If you would like to test a version where you don't change anything except put the 828 back to whatever it was in v.2.0, I would be happy to test. In theory, it should be heavier, but going the other way between 2.0 and 2.5 made it heavier, so maybe it will magically lighten it!?!?!? I would try that first before adjusting anything else that might reduce the nice quality of the FFB.

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Few info:
    - the FFB has been decreased just a little
    - as written in advance, now the 4 cams are harmonized for a better view
    - some more changes to the windows and other spare parts (like the rollbar) to avoid too many unwanted reflections
    - Motec fully working with warning leds, etc...
    - tested with and without HDR and with build 880

I'd like also to share a couple of problems I found, asking for help:
    1. the rpm bar of the Motec appears and disappears when you are driving (like an electric blackout, lol)
    2. I'm trying to add a "warning HLGLO light" to the cockpit, but it seems impossible to see it in the cockpit view (only) and I'm not able to find the why. I also posted here but I'm still waiting for an answer: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22297-warning-led-for-lights

Any help is really appreciated!

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I can't help for your technical questions sorry. Anyway, I'm happy about the enhancement you explained, great :)
    Just for your information, with 2.5:
    - FFB I had to lower it to 0.75
    - Cam : I like when one of the cam, usually Nose or hood, not sure, one fullscreen (no part of the car can be seen), is at driver eyes level and watch straight (some make cam with an angle watching more the ground)
    - Unwanted reflections: Windshield like you said, but also the speedometer are sometimes to reflective (foggy?)

I'm glad you still work on this mod, it's a great one, really appreciate! :)

13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Incoming version screenshots:

- "warning HLight light" in the dashboard (temporary workaround using an onboard cam vs. the cockpit local cam. In this way you can see the warning light but not the Motec and mirrors working)
    - comparison of the new setting for the 4 local cams (and you can also see the Motec working in the night - hdr)

View attachment 14755
    View attachment 14756

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Please, don't post here. Look at the new version 3.0: