342 A.I. are horrible.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samuelw, Nov 3, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I must be doing something amazing because I always see posts about how bad RF2 AI is and I'm just left wondering, because I've had many many great races against them including in the latest build and yes sometimes without faffing about with ini files (granted the best AI is with faffing!).

ISI are continuosly working on AI, see the 342 changelog (and older ones for that matter) and Devs have spoken elsewhere about advancements in AI coming soon. Sure though this game does need a Championship mode though and it needs it yeterday!

2. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

Thanks for the input Hazi. The idea of being able to continue a race through the replay sounds like a good idea except I think you are missing the big picture and that is saveable season points and an actual championship conclusion which to me, is the most important part of offline racing. It isn't as fun as racing with your buddies but I just can't do it. My fatigue levels are too high to race very long and I can't make it to their schedules either. So jumping into a replay might help me finish a race but then I need to get out a pencil and paper to keep track of points won if any. Each weekend race would have different drivers unless I went in and deleted out drivers and set up the game so only certain drivers will so up each weekend then I would have to keep track of the points they won each race. I call that a big pain in my ass.

Frustrated...

3. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

Tim mentioned awhile back that a season championship is not going to happen. Glad to hear that the AI is going to improve but without the season option, it is all worthless. Lets face it, rF2 is a great sim and designed for online racing. Any offline stuff is for goof around. That is like building a brand new fully innovated school building then forgetting to put in the accessible ramps for the handicapped. There are a hell of a lot of us out there! And they have accessibility laws for everything. Even building a website; they should have the same rules when building a game for the market.

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

Lol, the irony is that rFactor series never had decent IA.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I said that it wouldn't happen in the sim like it was in rF1.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmmm, happy to read OP post. I always drive against AIs and yes, I can say something changed with b342 as they are over aggressive, even if they stay pretty good to race against. The firxt turn in a track (E.g. Essington) and I always finish in a tree up around ;) So Now I always start my races at last position to be able to slowly and securelly grab step by step ;) Saying that, I didn't tune anything, even the "Agressive" slider. I only play with the overall strenght slider depending of tracks.

7. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

I stand corrected sir! :) Thanks for your input Tim. So do you think an offline championship like most other games have, may still happen?