1st attempt pembrey wales.uk :

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Banger, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Banger

Banger Registered

drawn out lines for the race,pits and all others. not to sure about the dirt track yet.has i had a lot of problems trying to get the ai car to follow the route.:D so i might avoid that pitfall again.
    But... has said all lines are ready to be polyfyied.(i made that up).Added my first plane to the track today and fell straight into the trap of multi/subobjected/texture 1 [road], done but trying to get the gmat material doesn't appear on material roll down.Any help here on why it doesn't seeem to find gmat materials on roll down menu.
    [​IMG]

2. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sometimes you might have mental ray renderer selected, gmats wont show up in the selection list with mentalray. Go into render settings scroll down to 'Assign Renderer' and for Production, click the button and select 'Default Scanline Renderer'.

4. Banger

Banger Registered

Thanks mianiak render, was set to mental ray. materials are setup already by freew67 thanks christian

5. Banger

Banger Registered

changing coords

world coord's : 0,0,0 how you change that

my car seems to be under the map in rfactor.then crashes

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Turn the grid on, select the entire track (all objects), turn on snap, grab a corner in the middle of the SF line and snap it to the centre of the grid, that should put your SF line at world 0,0,0. Now you can spawn there without an AIW file.

7. Banger

Banger Registered

in 3ds max i mean, should of being clearer.has the track seems to be above the car. and rfactor2 crashes before anything starts

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

yeah, the grid in 3ds max :) so you have something to snap it to.

It's crashing because the car is spawning on nothing, once you put the SF line at 0,0,0 in max, (make sure to remove any aiw files if you have one in there) then the car will spawn at the SF line.

9. Banger

Banger Registered

ok, got the game running, track in.car in, problem can't see the track to adjust the car to track. car floating in mid air.

[​IMG]

3dsmax view with xsectors in had to put thoose in or game crashes
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  10. chogger

chogger Registered

This

11. Banger

Banger Registered

iv'e done that the textures are white. with shader t1.

12. ethone

ethone Registered

If the 3ds max screen you posted last (with the x-files) is still current, you do not have any surface below 0/0/0. In the top left window (Top view) you can clearly see the x and y axis as the slightly bigger black grid lines and where they meet there is no track. Make sure there is some sort of surface there and export your track again.

13. mianiak

mianiak Registered

You might need to reset xform, in most cases when I move a mesh I usually reset xform just to be sure all is well.

It could also be a scale thing. Are your units set up right? Display unit scale should be 1 unit = 1m.

[ED] yeah what Ethone said, sorry I missed that.

14. Banger

Banger Registered

switch preferences to dx9 ,has dx10 was on.seem to switch over on starting up 3ds max
    tryed reset xform moved the track on to the 0,0,0 world translation, and installed the old rf1 aiw file, switch on aiw editor and waypoints show up, only thing that doesn;t show up is the track textures, or track.??? car still floating.

ED: also retryed the the real road shader thread,still getting has #9 above car floating.

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Remove the AIW completely and try it again. If the SF line is at 0,0,0 in max and with no aiw file, you will spawn on the SF line 100% guaranteed. If that is not happening, then there is something severely wrong.

The invisible track could be flipped normals. Is the track just one piece or have you broken it up? For now it can be just one piece.
    Anyway, do the create plane attach thing.,,,
    Create a plane and convert it to editable poly, then attach the track to it. Then in edit poly submode select the poly's of the plane and delete them, reapply the material and rename the track (it will have the name of the plane you just created), then re do the instance, collide, hat etc and export it and try it again.

16. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks guys, just did a test to make sure all is working corrected and it seems to be ok.

test.trck
    [​IMG]

1 square (road material)
    2 xsectors all in.
    3 rfactor2 started devmod.
    4 simple track square.

now do a proper track:)

17. Banger

Banger Registered