Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

how is the draw distance of shadows controlled...running VR with shadows on low...really annoying the catch fence shadow at Indy as it is progressively drawn in a few feet in front of the car.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

RF 2 is gpu and cpu hungry even with the improvements
    i run ryzen 5 1600 RX 580 4giga and 8 giga ddr 4 memory @ 2666
    with everything high and PP on medium and antialiasing on 5i have 30 fps on rain with 24 AI cars
    this is amazing cause my system doesnt cost a fortune to buy and also 30 fps super smooth is amazing.
    congrats for the update S397.

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Correct.

I have the opposite situation (stuttering stuttering stuttering).

If there is a workaround like the CTRL + F under build 1109 ....... I'm interested ! @Marcel Offermans

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I get the impression, after reading the all messages on this thread, that :

1) 90% of the users having real and not minimal improvements are those who are already lucky enough to have a recent AND / OR powerful PC.

2)90% of users who have both improvements AND ESPECIALLY NO STUTTERING (or other annoyances) are those who are already lucky to have a recent AND / OR Powerful hardware.

- SOME of the users without real and not minimum improvements are those who used BEFORE / AND CONSTRAINED IN THE NEW BUILD to use low GUI settings (no effects, no shadows, etc.).

The more you have a good PC, the more you have improvement.
    VS
    The more you galley for 1 year and a half, the less you have improvement.

Hopeless. :(

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

THIS!!
    @Marcel Offermans

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Just a little advise to anyone has stuttering.
    use the "LOWEST" graphical settings possible
    i DONT speak about the Resolution......
    i speak about filters and such.
    if you still have stutter there is something wrong with the computer
    Dont forget to clear Cbash and shaders.
    Try it and report
    Remember the LOWEST graphical settings.

7. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

That is quite good!
    I've only had my gaming PC for a few months now and will look into lowering some settings on RF2 for better performance.
    Out of all the sims I've played it really is the best out there in my opinion.
    I'm also very impressed by Studio 397 continued updates and monthly news articles.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I only play RF1 / RF2 for 12 years.

I just tested (again) Assetto Corsa :

4K, while high or ultra, outside the game the same nvidia graphical settings etc : graphics much more beautiful than RF2 WITHOUT STUTTERING and 60 FPS constant / stable 100% of the time on the Nordschliefe (200 km) with vsync.

Thank you for your help, but I confirm 100% that my computer has no problem.

9. blagger

blagger Registered

I have stuttering in VR (Oculus Rift) and occasionally the VR-screen freezes for a few seconds. Add to that the still missing lock to horizon option the whole VR experience of rF2 is very uncomfortable for me. I cannot use rF2 because of that.
    Such a shame because the driving behaviour is the best out of all sims. I hope that someday there will be a native VR-implementation for the rift (not Steam VR) with lock to horizon.

Edit: I just found out that when pressing alt-tab the stuttering disappears. So there seems to be a problem with focus.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi guys. Thank you very much for the last build. Rf2 runs smooth as silk. Cars feel really direct for me.
    Thanks for all the energy you put into rf2. Can't wait for the new UI.

Cheers

11. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Exactly the same!

12. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Well man, exactly the same, I bought ac this week and i am just amazed how smooth and beautiful it is, been playing rf since 2010 and it seems that they have so damaged it i will now change sim

13. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Are u really serious, u want me to play on lowest settings with i5 proc and gtx 770, i mean seriously.... if this is what rf is going to be, damn

14. Skan

Skan Registered

That i5, regardless of it's generation, is not meant for full quality gaming/simulation. The GTX770 was meant for gaming and can probably still run the games of it's generation on higher settings. It is now obsolete. It might not be fun to hear those types of truths but that's what they are.

Anyone looking for a top quality experience needs a top quality rig, not sure why there is any confusion about that. You can look up the specs on the chips for yourselves instead of "tests" that only show what that person was able to conclude with their rig. Same with graphic cards, ram, motherboards, etc.

A manufacturer cannot hold back progress because some of the users and potential users do not have modern equipment (myself included) it is just bad all around if you do that. Personally I wish they went with DX12 instead so that when it is time to leave DX11 in the rearview, rF2 would have been already in the front of the pack.

Another example is Xplane 11. I love that simulator, fly quite often. I cannot turn the graphics up that high due to a weak rig. It would be silly of me to do anything to try to get them to make it "work better" on my computer. If I want to use X-Plane I can. If I want to see it the way it is meant to be seen, I have to spend what is needed to be spent. It is not the companies job to make up the difference between modern times and my rig.

15. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

Since the update I'm experiencing seizure-inducing flickering of the screen in the main UI after its loaded. It sorts itself out when I press RACE and don't see it again until I load the UI again. Deducing that S397 weren't conducting subliminal experiments on me, I downgraded Nvidia driver to 391.24, but alas, nae joy.

Help wouldn't go amiss to reduce my headache from squinting at the UI.
    Until then, I'll pop another couple Ibuprofen, don the shades, and enjoy the life enhancing build update.. cheers

i7 3770k 16GB gtx1070 win10-64bit 3x24" 5760x1080

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

You try on lower settings to check if stuttering
    I dont say play on lower

17. Comante

Comante Registered

My I5 is good enough to play DCS 2.5 and RF2 in DX11 , I obviously can't expect to play on triples or VR at ultra details, but anyway, an I5 is perfectly fine, at least, my I5-4460 is up to the task.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Whats the point? There is less stuttering but still not even close to say it is smooth

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

My friend since we have the same name "Loukas" but i have more up to date hardware Ryyzen 5 1600 rx 580 ddr4 @2666
    i believe old hardware needs to play on low settings
    RF2 is still heavy even after optimization
    it is just run better for newer hardware and more smooth
    try lower the settings just to check if stuttering gone.
    just this.

20. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

UPDATE:
    OK, it looks like it is vsync that is causing the flickering. If I switch to GPU, software or OFF flickering UI stops. Vsync on during racing is fine. I've got triples and on my configuration the only way I can get smooth fps is with vsync on (not just RF2). I've got most settings on medium/high. I've tried a changing a few things with vsync on like AA, etc., but so far only switching off gets rid of flickering.