Lost ton of fps with DX 11 with titan x (SOLVED !)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmoog121, May 2, 2017.

1. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Thanks.

2. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Registered

Just wanted to add my own 2cents to this as I've suffered massive performance issues as well. A quick example:

Nissan GT500
    NOLA Louisiana GP Layout
    Practice Session
    No AI (so only me on the track)

PC Specs: i7-6700K at 4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti @ 2025/5700, 3x 1920x1200 Displays

Res: 5760x1200
    Settings: All Highest, Except AA on Level 3 and PostProcess "Normal"

DX11 FPS: ~25 to 45
    DX9 FPS: 130 to 180

Settings: Medium to High, AA Off, Post Process Off
    DX11 FPS: ~65-75

To me, this kind of performance is unacceptable. I get that it's a beta, but DX11 is supposed to improve performance, not hurt it. I've tried almost every suggestion listed here and it didn't make any difference, and I also tried deleting the game entirely through Steam and re-installing it from new. I'll be waiting for a patch, but for now I'm rather disappointed with the results. Assetto Corsa runs at about 100 FPS for me with similar settings (resolution and setting), except it looks way better from a graphical standpoint, so I would have expected RF2 to run even better.

3. gp20

gp20 Registered

lol the resolution.

Today i have worst results with AMS than with RF2.

4. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

CTRL F log, post let tech look into it

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I don't get why I can have better performance with my lowly gtx 1060 than people with much more powerful hardware,this leads to believe that it's the users issue not the games,but I'm probably wrong

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

demerzel likes this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

totally agree. my AMD r 9 290 3gb is running better than cards and systems that should run 20 times better.

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  8. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Please bwana can you post your settings(catalyst and ingame)?
    My r9 380 nitro 4gb will appreciate them!!!!!;)

bwana likes this.
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

started work tonight and wont be at home pc for 5 days. Will do so then.

10. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Registered

My question is though, are you running triple display resolution or a similarly high resolution? My impression is that those are that are having problems are running very high resolution, but that might be just a coincidence (or selective evidence).

Ville-Samuli Mutanen likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

No single . 1920!x 1200. But with a 3rd of the quality card .. l understand triple screen suck more juice , my comment was more general..

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I'm running 3x 24" 1080p 60hz asus monitors,not the highest of resolutions but still

13. jmoog121

jmoog121 Registered

Update

Stupid, stupid, stupid me...
    IT WAS THE LMP CARS!!
    I was gauging performance with GT3 World Series with DX9 and DX11 (which is stupid - no DX11 update) and found odd fps drop whenever LMP cars from the mod would show up in the mirror. I took out the LMPs and starting a race @ sebring with 50 GT3s in the back of the pack and boom... back to 60 fps!!
    I'm sorry for all the confusion and over "analysis" with my limited knowledge...
    Thank you Studio 397!!!! You guys are truly making the biggest difference since I first purchased the game years ago :D

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Because you're running in Sunny weather rather than trying Overcast or Rainy?

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Points for posting a "Solved" update :cool:

lordpantsington, davehenrie and Emery like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And for not just changing the topic to 'solved' but fully explaining what the solution was. Many Thanks!

WiZPER and F1Aussie like this.
  17. rer8

rer8 Registered

Good afternoon! I am the guy that bought complex toys for my kid when he was young and put them together on Christmas eve. Generally after 2 hours of trying to get it to work I would read the instructions (for the first time) and 30 minutes later have a working toy. Some things almost never change. The kid is now 27 and on his on. I am still following my old ways... lol. I went back and read the straight forward, easy to follow instructions and have found them to be "clear, concise, and complete." Well done developers. My observations so far after making sure that I was driving the "optimized tracks and cars" was really favorable with the exception that my frame rates are now approximately 50% less than the DX 9 program.
    Go find the initial instructions, if you have not already done so, and drive the optimized tracks and cars. Hopefully you will have satisfactory results. I look forward to seeing the performance improve. The other titles that I have that are running DX 11, generally have a performance equal to that of my DX 9 for rFactor 2. From my perspective, I am currently very pleased and look forward to seeing the improvements that will be made by the developers and rF2 community... Thanks

WiZPER, bwana and F1Aussie like this.
  18. Louis

Louis Registered

lol this is my entire life in a sentence

WiZPER and F1Aussie like this.
  19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

That seems to be the thing. Single monitors with my specs usually report good FPS (above 60) while triple screeners and high res is a mixed bag.

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I have a gtx 970 i73770k 16gb

I've run this track and car at much higher settings on an 2560 ultra wide, I'm getting really good fps 70-80 17 ai cars. PP high, AA 4, all full gfx,no shad blur and reflections low.

so i would defo put it down to multiple screens atm