MultiView and Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duarte Pires, Mar 30, 2013.

1. djbob

djbob Registered

If I am locking at 60fps, I want texture quality to be as good as possible without coming under the 60fps surely? So wouldn't I increase graphics quality (as opposed to increasing performance) until I start getting under ~100fps then lock it at 60 (to leave plenty of overhead)?

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Have you tried wet or night Races.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From my friends who have had both, they seem to favor the projector. Check the price of the bulbs as they'll likely be replaced in 2 years, but also you want to make sure the refresh rate is good.

4. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

Will check on both aspects (bulbs and refresh rates)
    By the way those tree screens would be more expensive than the projector.. but they have better resolution, more brightness, better colour... still thinking :\

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

tip: If you have a 120+ Hz monitor but can't get enough framerate consistency to stay at your framerate cap, change your refresh rate and framerate cap to 100 Hz/fps. I think many people forget that 100 Hz/fps is an option.

6. wittsend

wittsend Registered

Thought I'd post a reply back here as I found something that has significantly improved the performance of my system, to an extent that it is like having a new machine! I discovered only yesterday (after owning my rig for four years) that nVidia has disable PCI-E v3.0 on 3.0 capable video cards if they're being used with a Sandy Bridge motherboard (X79 chipset). It has something to do with some manufacturers not complying to the specification properly or something. Anyway, in most cases (including mine) PCI-E 3.0 works fine. You should have a CPU with revision C2 rather than C1 though apparently otherwise you'll have issues, (use CPU-Z to find out what you have) and PCI-E 3.0 should be enabled in your BIOS before running the patch.
    So now my system can tranfer data to my graphics cards at 8GT/s instead of 5GT/s and the difference is like chalk and cheese in rFactor. I can run the game at max settings and have a solid 60fps (capped framerate) on track. FPS still drops to around 48fps or so in pits when other cars are parked in garage, but is a huge improvement to before. I can run Assetto corsa at absolute maximum settings with solid 60fps (capped) all the time with the exception being reflections, which I have at a lower rendering frequency as it seems to kill fps quickly.

Explaination by nVidia, plus PCI-E v3.0 enabler patch here:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3135/~/geforce-gen3-support-on-x79-platform

There is more information around about this issue on the net if you google it :) I hope this helps someone else just as it helped me!
    Merry Christmas.