reiza funding campaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkn87, Jun 25, 2015.

1. schigara

schigara Registered

"Note, that the PRIMARY focus for this crowdfunding campaign is for added support to the current titles, NOT to fund the upcoming title. They want to make sure the community will get the most out of Game Stock Car Extreme in the year and a half before the next game is planned for release (Q4 2016)"

http://simracingpaddock.com/reiza-studios/reiza-announces-crowdfunding-campaign/

"The main goal of this campaign is to boost the development budget for the existing games in order to develop them further: adding new features, producing even more cars & tracks, and stablish an structure for online racing for these titles. "

Quote directly above taken from the Idiegogo campaign page.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But you get a Copy of the New Game, too...from $75 and above.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

A copy of the new game + access to beta builds. I'm in :)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In 2015 you already have Reiza and SMS moving to DX12, what you don't think Kunos will follow ?

I believe iRacing is developing DX12 as we speak ?

Logically then if you think I am crazy, either you think ISI can't produce another sim ( why wouldn't they name it rF3 ? ) ...............or they will use DX9 again.............or rF2 is their last sim. ? lool

Yes rather then me ask for better weather and raindrops, custom huds and garage for rF2 why not imagine some things you would like in future.

For a decade I talked about a system would stop mismatches .......people told me I was a dope. ;)

Then when we got it people here I am supposed to think are intelligent made a thread to petition removal of mod system using ridiculous and petty reasons why. Call me Crazy :rolleyes: lol

I said if/when ISI move to DX12 they will do weather as good or better then pCars........... I get told they don't have the staff, resources and may not be talented enough to even do it.

So excuse me in my stupidity if I dream about rF3 and what it may be.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How do ISI & Reiza lose exactly? Sounds to me like you were hoping for some sort of amalgamation of the two companies to end up making one Super Sim.....never gonna happen!
    The way I see it ISI win because they've made money on their engine (which is what a lot of software companies do) and Reiza win because they can now freely expand their current and next title in any way shape or form that they wish (whereas before they were held back as clearly stated on the funding page).
    For us, the consumers, I see it only as a Win-Win scenario - we carry on getting quality from ISI (as we have been) and now with the added bonus that Reiza are pushing on forwards with their current and future products, working with and directly influencing the (now owned) ISI Engine to suit their own needs and dreams in order to release quality material.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Reiza using rF2 engine instead of replicating all the same features (that aren't in rF1) on their own and in parallel to ISI doing the same thing means Reiza will be spending more attention on core features. Their strength has been content building on a solid platform. ISI's strength is the solid platform, not content. Working together, but separately would have moved the whole enterprise further along. If Reiza is super competent, their new title will supplant rF2. And meanwhile rF2 still plods along at a glacial pace. That's sad (to me).

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sorry but I don't see it like that at all, your view seems to be very glass half empty without thinking what Reiza can do with the engine on their own to supplement their already existing package (of content).

Can't help but laugh at the "glacial" comment, seems to be the done thing when people want to have a pop at ISI!

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Exactly...why can't a studio expand and change what they do? Look where Simbin came from.
    And ISI are crap at making content, right? They can only do a core system and do it right. Except for that RF2 thing where they started making really great content...yknow.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Precisely, now they have a chance to get their dreams into reality without having to fudge around like they used too (again as they say on the funding page), I can't help but see good things from this.

As for ISI it's just unfortunate that word gets branded about so much, after a quick google search:
    As of May 2015 there are 37 free add-on cars available for rFactor 2 (Since 2012)
    As of May 2015 there are 19 free add-on tracks available for rFactor 2, with the total number of layouts being 54, including an experimental off-road track and a track for radio-controlled cars (Since 2012)

Include all the Build updates then I'd hardly call that "glacial" from such a small team, yeah if they had 100+ staff then I'd tend to agree :p

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ISI moving to rF3 so quickly would be as dumb as begging for money on a crowd fund.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

The idea of moving quickly to the next version was my gripe with the whole pCars thing. Build on the engine and add in to it, seeing as it is so advanced and has indepth features. Use DLC and expansion packs to keep it fresh and keep adding to the rosters. When the software is truly getting outclassed or the code is so hard to work with to get the result you want, then work on a whole new engine with better base systems.

That's why I don't have an issue with Reiza and this funding (albeit for the current sim), they have pushed the standard rF1 engine really bloody hard, almost as far as it could be taken, and it's time for a new base. Though it is still probably going to be rF1 based, access to the source allows them much greater depth in what they can do to it.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We'd at least wait a couple of weeks after finishing with rF2. :)

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well I guess a short holiday would be deserved...:p

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

After spending the past few days with a ton of PCars and mostly Raceroom (which can both be really fun, R3E shocked me, it's damn fun) all I gotta say is thank goodness ISI and Reiza aren't going anywhere anytime soon, LOL! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  15. Minibull

Minibull Member

I must save my dollars and get in on this haha, I hear so much about GSCE yet I have not purchased it. Wish I could return my AC copy hah

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

AC, gahhh, a good simcade driving model, no, very good simcade, but SCE has the fine details sorted, so when you drive some of those strange twisty Brazilian tracks, you have to be careful under brakes and contend with weight transfer,but the game gives you the feel and precision to cope.
    The new 86 Stock is a real champ, impossibly good.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I dunno about all of the above but i'm gonna do the same as I did with rf2, buy/donate/contribute because we need them developers collectively push the whole thing to the next level and making our simlifes so much more worth while. Go Reiza!

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes mate I would also love to have DX12 or DX13.
    If you read Community A&Q you can see that we maybe some day get Quad Core support and DX12 or DX13 to rFactor2.

Graphics/Performance

Q: Any internal talks about DX11 in the future ? Is the move to DX11 much to complex?
    A: It’s not about complexity, it is about benefit. There isn’t enough benefit to using it right now, though that does not mean there won’t be benefit going forward (though that might be with DX12, DX13, etc).

Q: Is a real 4 core support (quad core) planned?
    A: Like most of these kind of things, we need there to be more reasons to do it than there currently are. We can’t say no, for sure.

PS. I iRacing is developing DX11 as we speak. :)

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Let's just call it finished now (-:

We shouldn't really compare to others but a lot of titles have been released in a what seems only half complete state & have received no to very little updates

Start on he next title now & make it big .....BIG
    (+laser scan )

( Few weather updates in rf2 will do the trick )

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Let's see you really push the cars to their proper pace. Calling it simcade is uneducated. It lacks a couple of core features in setup tweaking and lack of certain dynamics, but it is far from this absurd simcade word.