So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Resistance/grip in the grass, gravel ect is track dependant. I've driven tracks in rF1/2 where the gravel works how it should where it actually stops the car and you are permanently beached. But most tracks don't work this way. They go more for a compromise of slowing the car a little but not causing it to be beached. Grass on the other hand shouldn't really slow you down but it should have less grip which could cause you to slide and lose speed depending on your line as you cross the grass. But it shouldn't be like putting on the brakes. I'm just glad that the days of spinning 300 times through the grass without shaving any speed is gone in rF2.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What I meant to say is the grass in pCars has more grip yes but it also makes the car drop more speed then in rF2.

I don't like pre-determined slow up on grass either Noel but just means if you want to stay on pace in pCars you must stay on the road or you lose out.

For mine in rF2 sometimes you can take more liberty and not lose as much momentum.

On the physics side pCars off road is pretty canned where as in rF2 no 2 excursions are ever the same.

It is like pCars is a 800dpi mouse and rF2 is 3200dpi.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Which (probably depending on track) is real!!! Examples: Curva Grande (big right corner between the first two chicanes at Monza). One year Vettel overtook Alonso on the outside through the grass, the year after/before the other way around the same happened. On the Kemmel Straight (spa, after eau-rouge) I have seen lots of times (in multiple classes) that a car gets forced on the grass, and a lot of times still are able to complete the pass. This year in the Indy 500 I also seem to recall that Montoya passed someone, while just touching the grass between 2 and 3 (or did he just miss the grass, and is my memory playing tricks on me??? :p ). Anyway, like I said, it can be realistic to have two wheels on the grass, and not lose to much (Now that I think of it, I did just that on a Kart race last week :D )

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Durge do you remember Lowndes qualifying (I think) at Pukekohe last year? He took to the grass off the final turn and never slowed down, came millimetres from the wall, it was quite a ride. Perfect proof there that grass not only has no grip but you can control a race car at full tilt on it!

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OK, done an online-race at Le Mans, multi-class.

In Quali the physics where gone!
    Plenty of annoying bugs!
    Oh dear......

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Nah, user issue you are doing it all wrong.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Or holding his wheel wrong. Hehe.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

It is Friday you know :)

10. Savage

Savage Registered

Both Assetto Corsa and RFactor forums have WMD and SMS promoters crawling in here and promoting their unfinished and partially stolen product. It is is interesting what is the aim of this - increase the game audience perhaps? Project Cars is already way down Assetto Corsa in Metacritic Ratings, and I guess it is less popular than RFactor 2 too.

- MADNESS engine with elements obviously copied or stolen from RFactor ISI motor engine (brake and tyre temperature UI elements) with the difference that they serve purely cosmetic purposes wihout any effect on Physics in Project Cars
    - "Soap" shaped 3D car models, without the detail quality of a serious sim
    - a lot of cheap marketing stuff like - "SETA tire model", "Volumetric throttle"
    - aggressive PR and paid experts reviews trying to persuade people that "this is the most realistic sim on the market"
    - low polygonal flat tracks without proper surface modelling

Physics of Project Cars with "all assists off":

I don't understand what is the point of promoting PCars either here or on Assetto Corsa forums. All people that do any serious digging in their games will realise that this a a pure bluff and go away.

11. argo0

argo0 Registered

Christ on an ever-lovin' bike, that's dreadful.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

That`s you?

13. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

How do I get money back from Pcars?

Lol, I'm screwed. Well, I was not active with it, so my own stupidity. Ahh well, I was there and played some betas and really never liked it, so no loss there really, would never pay that price for it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

really wonder exactly who here or on the AC board is 'promoting' pCARS...maybe a lot of us just enjoy it, or at least find it interesting to discuss?

also, it has very sticky, forgiving grass. i knew that before release, but if you still didnt, ive saved everyone 90 seconds...

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I've noticed this behaviour to, hmm this is.why rfactor and gsc are king of the Sims on pc

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My point about the grass was that pCars is more suited to open room havoc with varying level drivers. ( I use drivers loosely p )

It penalizes cutters and honestly if you had crash physics like rF2 you would be getting cleaned up every lap.

Like you notice especially online in rF2 how a car can hit a fence bounce across the track then back again, slide for 100 metres and then take out 2 others cars .........sure more lifelike but it would make all pCars rooms like a rF2 liveracers servers in BT20 with rookies and damage we had. ( talk about Havoc)

In pCars the cars go dead off road , out of the way, they don't retain the inertia to spear them back on track like rF2 does.

In rF2 I like judging what a car crashing in front of you will do, you can't always, hehehe

I have never made a post at AC or pCars and I own both.

It is getting a little redundant that people keep bringing up physics are inferior.

WE ALL KNOW !@!

lool ;)

If all 3 titles were DX12, they all looked virtually identical and fantastic but with physics relative to what they have now ................well you figure it out.

17. schigara

schigara Registered

It seems to me like RF2 is like the indie punk band that is better than all the rest combined but doesn't want to appeal to the masses by becoming "pretty". Fear of mainstream, GranTurismo size success?

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

no, low budget & diff priorities...isi has made some very small but imo important changes to prettify the game UI & now loading screen (UI in particular was a big one for me)

theyre also attempting to get on steam bc they want more sales. i dont think theres any fear of success at all, its just that, like those bands, theyre going to do more or less what they want to do & people can take it or leave it.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI are the Pennywise of Racing Sim Companies :D

20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

ISI is not tied to those chains so they dun hafta say wut they want them to say. Plus, u dont hafta say anything abt something good. U let the product quality do the talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.