ISI Servers PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashes, Apr 13, 2015.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

The tricky thing about league management aspect, is that many people have many little quirky things that affect points. An extra point for fastest lap, 2 race rounds, adjustments if you do not cover 100% of race etc etc all types of things.

So a very good idea when doing the points is NOT to fully automate it, but simply pre-populate some results in an automatic fashion, but then allow for manual adjustments on each driver to take care of all these quirky things people do with their scoring systems.

By the way I am still mad as hell, roll back the builds that don't work ISI! :mad: It is not all in my imagination I know that!

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Roll back for yourself any time you want to.

3. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

OK Mate I understand. U give us **** that does not work, I just have to accept that. I understand, many thanks! Theres some problems in doing what you suggest Tim, I will not repeat my self over and over.

4. 88mphTim

You chose to repeat yourself here. I can only repeat myself in response, or give no response whatsoever. It was one or the other.

5. 88mphTim

He has the option to keep a previous build if he so wishes. This is a fact. We do not force the latest build. The fact I didn't respond to him with the same emotion his posting contains does not indicate anything.

6. Grant Riddall

Grant Riddall Registered

Tim, your replies are on the verge of insulting the way they come across.

I don't post here much but I read, and I will tell you something Tim. You are lucky to have him here preaching to YOU above ALL else about what HE can see is WRONG with these issues.. HE is a smart man who knows a great deal in this area and will speak for the majority before anyone else. HE doesn't deserve the s**t that gets thrown at him here....

I'm sorry but this has been bugging me for sometime and I need to get this across.

Cut him some slack...

7. Justy

Justy Registered

Would it be possible to have access to a couple of the previous builds? Maybe a link from the rf2 download page? No problems with rolling back a build if I have to, but I and I suspect many other people, primarily use the Auto Updater feature, when a new build is released. This means there is a possibility, for people to not have a Lite Installer for an earlier build, on their hard drive and consequently, they can't roll back.

I know there used to be an archive, which I'm sure I found via the rF2 download page, or the dev corner, but it seems to have disappeared now.

Cheers

8. stonec

stonec Registered

+1 for better access to older builds on website. Let's be happy there is a rollback option, that option is not possible with Steam games :).

9. 88mphTim

I'm not tying him up in any way to where he'd need to be given slack. You are, actually, by speaking for him, and potentially involving him in a situation where I get annoyed at people reading tone and emotion into what I type.

My posts here have no tone or emotion whatsoever. I'm sorry that you find that riling, but that's your interpretation of the text I have posted. It doesn't even occur to you (or him, maybe, but I'm not going to speak for him) that I might personally agree with him and what he suggested, does it?

He posted a problem. I posted the only solution I'm aware of at this time for when/if it occurs. He's actually not the only person who might read that post and want to know that.

10. 88mphTim

I'll put them in the build notes on the dev corner page. The old database was causing the site to go berzerk, but the files are still up on our mediafire. I'll link them.

11. Justy

Justy Registered

Brill! Thankyou :)

12. Grant Riddall

Grant Riddall Registered

Do not tell me how I think. I have a great deal of respect for you and ISI and I would like to keep it that way.

If you agree with him and what he suggests then why not just tell him! PM him or let him know some sort of clarification that you understand his frustrations! But instead you would let him continue to think he is speaking to a brick wall.. This is my main problem. It only takes 2 minutes to just put ease of mind towards someone.

I don't want to continue disputing this with you Tim. Just simply trying to get my point across that's all and I hope you see it like that, I really do. I apologise to everyone for diverting this forum thread elsewhere.

13. 88mphTim

Is this a serious reply?

14. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

"I don't think so Tim"

15. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

OK guys well i specifically took the time on this occasion (#201) not to distract too much from the interesting discussion going with others, something I find rather annoying myself, about that plugin / database thing, then that went out the window when I felt obligated to reply to Tim.

Hope the discussion can resume as it was, I will create a new thread in future if I am wanting to discuss these issues.

I never done no gaming / simming except with RF2, so I'm not sure if this is normal in all gaming /simming vendor sites but in my book this forum is pretty messed up in some key regards :(

16. Grant Riddall

Grant Riddall Registered

Again, verge of being insulting.

Why would it not be a serious reply? I made my point and 'tried' to end it there as I really can't be bothered to continue a dead end argument. Yet you reply with that. Your doing yourself no favours and this is coming from somebody who works in the same industry as you do.

If you have a problem Tim, PM me. Let this thread continue without the arguing.

17. 88mphTim

It depends on the community. A lot of communities permanently ban or moderate any negative comments or posts they don't like, any posts where issues are raised, so discussion of this sort doesn't take place.

The negative feelings exist in almost any forum type, from healthcare to cellphone forums. In this situation, I said something plain and simple. Your point was valid. My response didn't say otherwise. I didn't edit you out, I didn't question your point in any way. I only stated what I actually typed, which is that if you want to roll back, you can. Is that wrong? No, it's not. Were you wrong? No, you're not! Your reaction to what I said is based on how you feel, not what I said, or how I feel. I even said above that I've never actually disagreed with you. Because I haven't. Think about that.

Grant seems to be an argument physicist, and able to pull an argument from the spaces between words - you don't seem to be the same way, which is good. He's been given a week of silence so he can continue to argue with himself. I have no real argument with either of you. But for some reason you're offended by silence. By things that AREN'T said, rather than things that are.

If you want to roll back, you can - yourself. "roll back the builds that don't work" - that's all I responded to. That's it.

It's also my personal advice that if you're "still mad as hell", don't look into a wider gaming experience for yourself. Most games suffer technical problems on patch days. Some games (without testing periods to use as an excuse) do not function upon release at all. It's very, very obvious that you've "never done no gaming / simming except with RF2" because of your reaction, and continued anger about something so common. (not making an excuse, but it's very obvious - and you're talking AAA game studios and AAA games here, with usually horrible problems that can take months to fix - with no refunds or anything else).

You're not supposed to like that it happens, nobody does. But inserting your own anger into every space between my words isn't going to fly. Sorry. :) I genuinely would like you to calm down and, if possible, move on. You're living an angry life about something you cannot control, and I cannot control. If ISI doesn't want - or can't (important to say that) - roll back builds, it's not going to. No matter how you or I feel, so if you repeatedly suggesting rolling back builds, what are you anticipating to happen? You were simply told that you could, any time you want to. Isn't that a good thing? We could force everyone to be on the latest build, like some games do regardless of problems.

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Nice idea Tim :)

In fact I am planing to publish online my Championship Manager (to be used for offline races too) where people can create leagues and upload results, statistics etc. it will be a separate module from the live timing. Though lack of time always holds me back from releasing something. Decent hardware resources is another issue I encounter all the time too.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
  19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

@Tim Wheatley, is anything planned for a leaderboard with controls for same track conditions? If so, is that dependent on this or is it something separate from this?

20. 88mphTim

I think I'm missing what you mean. Can you explain? Maybe you mean that like a fastest laps record based on when the track conditions are the same?