ISI Servers PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashes, Apr 13, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Good luck. Hope you find the time. Would love to see something like that out there.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah. For example I think R3E has a leaderboard and AC has RSR third party leaderboard and pCars has both leaderboard and time trials. Not sure if any of them control for conditions, though, which wasn't a problem before dynamic environments were introduced but now with dynamic environments if there is not a way to force environments to be the same then lap times are not apples to apples or, worse on my opinion, everyone ends up running in maximum grip conditions only which negates much of benefit of dynamic conditions. Same thing happens on Live Racers servers where conditions change over time so unless everyone is competing at the same time then conditions are not constant and therefore not apples to apples (unless the admin load an rrbin and makes real road static I guess). Anyway sorry for long answer but essentially I think it would be of great benefit for simmers to be able to compare lap times under identical conditions like they did in the old days...

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Might be interesting to consider the possiblity of ISI supplying servers required for these very talented guys to do what they are dreaming of but just don't have the funding for with respect to hardware. I have always been open to paying for something which is very unlikely to impossible to occur without funding and the value I can see these guys producing would be well worth $50-100 per year to make a reality. I might even throw in an extra $10/yr to have read access to a centralized db ;)

Just say'n ;)

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Need to know the requirements :)

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

We'll come to hardware requirements later on :) Though the guys from http://www.touringcar-simracing.com are the ones currently sponsoring the Match Maker so testing will be done there ;)

Here is some progress on the Quick Racing Schedule which will hopefully make its way to the Match Maker :) I'm not really thinking much about design and how it will work, just wanna see if the concept works first......times are GMT+1 for now.

[​IMG]

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

So, from my tests and feasibility study this simply won't work because the session starting times are not static and can vary. So unless ISI gives us the possibility to setup rf2 with rotating sessions with always the same starting times or someone creates a plugin to do that, it will get messy and unreliable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Can we not just use the app I posted to auto restart the server at given intervals?

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The concept of that app would work......however, from what I seen, one cannot set the session types (and their times) to rotate to, example, first practice15 mins, then qual 20 mins, race 20 mins etc....

Edit: I've just tested it and it really works nicely......except that it needs extended functionality

1. set session types to rotate to, ex practice 20 mins, qual 20 mins, race 20 mins
    2. after each session, it would restart to the next session

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  10. coops

coops Banned

Tim is ISI willing to help these guys in any way if they need it, to make these types of things come to fruition ????????

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Sent an email to the person who developed "Timed server control (race session every x hours like iRacing)" and told him what we need and he said it should be possible and will have a look at it this weekend ;)