Some interesting views about rFactor in this article.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Associat0r, Apr 4, 2015.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I agree, I don't get it at all, I have always said it feels completely devoid of life, no atmosphere, its a totally un-dynamic enviroment.
    Just been watching a vid of the new Donington released recently onto Ac, a solitary car running around an empty lifeless circuit, no crowds, no flag marshalls, no stupid inflatables, no animation ( hell even the crowds build in attendance across the sessions in rF2 ) The ripped rF2 version pans the Ac version in all departments imho.

I ran in a league last night on a converted track, lots of incidents and pit strategy came into play, the build up from free practice and into qually session, waiting on the red light at the end of the pit, sorting my tyre changes with my pit crew whilst holding off a challenger inches from my rear bumper, hitting the pit limiter at the right moment, going back out of the pits with a big blue digital flag on the left warning of approaching cars, yellow flags up the road. A full evening of a feeling of actually being at the race.
    Then check out every minute detail of the race with simresults, consistancy, laptimes, damage, others tyre and pit strategy.
    Today sit back with a cup of coffee and watch the whole race replay from every drivers perspective.
    Ac just does not have the same effect for me and thats before I even think about ffb,physics,how it drives,netcode etc etc.

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I don't compare rf2 to AC ( I don't like AC) I compare it to GSC.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

if you kept listening for 2 seconds, he clarified that he meant the car itself is laughable, as in ridiculous....though as it turns out, there was a bug ir2 the downforce, which is specifically what he was mentioning i think.

for me, the ISI indycar is laughable...and no i cant state whether or not its realistic, but its SO unlike any of the other ISI cars, & so unlike iracing's dw12, i find it hard to believe they got that close to right. expecting an update pretty soon tho.

note that i am comparing it to other official cars; in AC it probably wouldn't feel much out of place (not sure tbh as i havent driven their open wheel car in a long time).

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bi-Polar mate told Tim that 3 years ago in a thread I made " WHERE ARE MY F3 %$%#@%$ MIRRORS !@! " looool ( I was popular that day ) p

I have not even looked at this so called "review" , I would just do my nana and blabber on even more incoherently then I do most days. lol

I just ask when is someone going to have the balls to tell it like it is ! hehehehe

See the answer I get to my question " You tell me ? "

What a revelation ! thanks guys lol ;) jk jk

-------------------

Truth is that is it in 1 actually.

If you want a general review with some emphasis on graphics ..... get anyone to do it.

But ..........if you want a sim-racers review with emphasis on the physics chassis tyres setup etc you need a battle hardened veteran with 10's of 1000's of kms in all sims, all types of vehicles and tracks and he better be fast doing it. !

;)

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

For the love of God someone writes a review just the way Durge likes it.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

I got sucked in and read it .. as my daughter would say OMG !! couldn't help but reply in the comments damn it he got me. ;)

JJ

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Sim racing reviews are opinions and the only requirement to have an opinion on the internet is an input device and an internet connection. I haven't seen any review showing some in depth motec analysis comparing two different setups, track conditions, driver styles etc. Not sure why people get worked up over a read on the internet.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep I got goaded into it Jamie, its 1 am here Im at work ,quite shift nobody here so what the hell ,Thought Id express my opinion.

9. Jamie Shorting

....and ALL of us are entitled to one. :D

10. maverik2000

maverik2000 Registered

I believe that all these misleadings will end up when RF2 reaches Steam.
    Not only huge sales (hope so), and a bunch of newcomers to online mode, but it'll also mean the end of the rubbish reviews and the AC's 10/10 scores.

I also'd like to say that I'm blown away by the top noch quality work of these guys.
    Since I fired RF2 up with the new available build I feel it so great that I'm starting to think that it's not a sim anymore.
    Incredibily cool and realistic graphics aside, It really gives me more than I can appreciate.
    It's so deep, so accurate that It's more like to give real professional driving experience to common people.

It's easy to understand why F1 teams buy ISI products.

Cheers

11. Emery

Emery Registered

I think you just found your calling on the Internet, Jamie :)

12. Jamie Shorting

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The way you guys attack this guy's article, some might think "fan boyz"?

C'mon guys. Aren't you always complaining about those "other forums" full of guys who can't take someone else's opinion about their game? Who attack anyone with a "different" opinion?

Well... :D

The guy thinks rF1 has the best physics ever. Is that such a crime?

We just got a new build and new track. We all should be racing ;)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's called multitasking, buddhatree... ;)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

It can be intresting and usefull to know opinions, peoples way of thinking and the effect something under controle has on the target audience.

People talk about as example of pCars before it is released as the upcoming top of car racing simulation, especially the console people from diff ages, the never tested it seem already to be effected by the clever effect controle of the heads.

Goes for every competitor but each of play the game diff and controle more or less sucessfull in diff areas.

The guy doing the review is just one more controle unit. ;)

16. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

It's our job to dispel disinformation.

17. eltidi

eltidi Registered

I also don't get the free pass for game stock car extreme, I bought and loved the product but with the last rfactor 2 builds it seems really outdated now, and I'm not talking about graphics, for example the fact that the wheel rotation don't match the real car, the track surface is static and even the force feedback seems much less refined, it's a solid product but rfactor 2 is better in every way, I don't see any area where GSC is better. Assetto at least have better licensing, more road cars and a more modern engine, The street cars feel very good, at least the one I have driven in real life. Right now I only use Assetto and rfactor 2 the rest seems really outdated.

I would also love somebody to use the rfactor 2 engine to make a game, like a wec game, or a blancpain game with licensed circuits and cars. That would be great.

18. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

The fact that Stock Car Extreme is based on the rFactor 1 engine means it's a much more complete sim (that made a certain GT3 league switch over from AC) and has more advanced and accurate physics than Assetto Corsa, therefore rFactor1 is still a top choice for real-life race teams.

It means that it has aerodynamics that takes yaw/pitch properly into account and that it can handle high ride frequency and stiff suspensions properly, has tires that output proper self aligning torque values and simulate brake and engine temperature etc. All of this is lacking in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

GSC is indeed great. Almost perfect. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the praise is because it is not rF2 and also not threatening.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Indeed, it is. Too much of that going around these days.
    Every rF2 community member who are passionate about this sim should really get out there and slam the disinformation into the ground.