RFactor 2: Best overall physics in simracing... FR3.5: ATM, one of the worst sim-cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ofc so you are continue with disrespecting my knowledge and experiences as a master technician in Germany, if that should mean something to you, but i think you are smart enough to understand but i really don't mind anymore. I was your frend as i was everybodys loving my **** and sharing my love but i realised you and ISI is not worth the breath because we pro's don't know anything. ;)

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

In the U.S. a master technician taking customer cars out on public roads for test drives really doesn't have any relation to car handling skills on a race track. I have no doubt you can tear down an engine and replace some con rods. I've rebuilt the bottom end of a few of my cars too. But that doesn't make me a better driver. Perhaps I'm not understanding what a the definition of master tech is in Germany.

Anyways, stop demanding people respect you. I'm not DEMANDING anyone respect me for any of my knowledge. It sounds desperate.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Should i laugh yes i do. I remember thousends of german engineers work and engineers himself where robed after a bad period. Who knows why that was and who knows why gernany is leading in this sector but i'm sure you know that. We are not self called what is the difference. ;)

4. D2K

D2K Registered

I think everyone is looking for the holy grail in sim racing but I don't think we will get it for many years to come. We are limited to software and hardware problems when it comes to physics but the programmers here and Iracing/AC and even Pcars do the best they can.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

No i'm not looking for the holy grail but some really believe to hold it in the hand already and the mistake is not the imperfection but the common user is as you can see here again.

Take Paul L. as example how we can do even if we disagree a lot. ;)

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What is with all the hatred towards Paul? I didn't see him take any personal jabs. Oh I know, he isn't agreeing with you and respecting your mechanical skills. Duh. What was I thinking.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread. My brain is dumbing down to where I really am just being silly.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't know what you are on about but I'm sure people will understand after you showed your real face more often.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This thread amazes me a bit lol :D

Just about the worst this community has to offer. :D

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sure including you.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The issues are massive and if you watch any video of any car and compare it to the game you'll see.

In terms of specifically the sharp arc direction travel etc etc thing (don't feel like writing it all out, I need an "official" name for the issue, lol). It happens on every car ever, since at least F12002. Tons of people have commented about it over the past 10 years, especially back when the game's were being compared to Live For Speed and Netkar Pro.

Go watch all sorts of videos of Live For Speed oversteer moments (don't look for some sort of particularly extreme and/or rare example to try and prove me wrong, but look at many, many examples from all sorts of different cars, and different sort of oversteer moments.)

Now...see just how much more natural the oversteer moments are - and even more so the 2nd half/phase of the oversteer moment - and how much closer it is to reality

Then...switch from all sorts of LFS, and real-world, example videos, to ISI-engine example videos and the difference should be IMMEDIATELY noticeable (you should also easily be able to tell, regardless if it's an internal or external view, but external may make it slightly more obvious for some people).

The difference is truly spectacular when you see just how similar all sorts of different examples (for the most part) of LFS and real-life are to each-other (regarding this very specific vehicle-dynamics behavior) and then compare it to ISI.

I can tell without even knowing which sim's video I'm looking at - almost every single time, in almost every single video, for years and years now. I guess I must just be psychic on countless of hundreds, or even thousands, of videos for years and years. Or, it must just be some INSANELY MASSIVE placebo effect that I get almost every single time on just about every single video, and every single driving experience, from hundreds and hundreds - maybe even thousands - of videos and driving experiences over years and years.....righttttt.........

The particular issue is so obvious and in-your-face to me, and so obviously non-existent or much, much less existent, in real-life, LFS, Driver's Republic, etc.

11. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

People should be grateful for be able to do laps with that type of car without a 6dof sim rig and gforce effects, but no... lol

12. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hey, remember when this thread was about physics? No, neither do I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.