Empty Box thoughts on indy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, May 26, 2014.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Still working on it, shaved off another 0,1s yesterday, but it will take some time before I'm happy with it. Right now I'm just testing some extremes before I go looking for some balance in all this.

You misunderstood - my goal is making more competitive setup, not more difficult one. But having less margin for driver error is the price you often pay for being competitive.
    And they do want to run competitive setups in real life, mind you :)

I'm capable of running many laps on my setup without a problem and I'm still very confident with the car. The only difference is what happens when I miss corner entry or turn in too fast and get on the apron. Drivers in real life don't make this kind of mistakes and for as long as I don't make one, I'm as safe as they are.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Good Day Tim,

If you allow me that I express my opinion in friendship, my personal opinion to, that was a serious error.

So you admit that the rf2 tire model does not work properly and is deficient, and thus you put your developer under pressure, apart from that many now fortiori will no longer use rf2 seriously until the tire model will marked as completed, apart from the drama if it is not developed to the better according to conceptions and expectations of the user.

Regards
    speed1

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

One does not simply "complete" a tyre model...

XD

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Of course, yet it was not very clever in my opinion and to support people shooting at my lovely work in a outrageous fashion shocked me as well. The End !

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

to much talk of other peoples reviews/thoughts

let's all each make our own & post them on YouTube

whilst I'm on the subject -please no more empty blue skies and low detail graphics !

[​IMG]

there's nothing stopping any of us

6. melg

melg Registered

So you are not talking has a friend but has an enemy?

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh dear... here we go again...

8. crz

crz Registered

The contact patch issue is communicated since b342 it think, maybe before that. I don't exactly understand your point. It was never said the tire model is finished thus it has flaws.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Don't understand what you're saying here.

Sent using Tapatalk

10. 88mphTim

It seems you admit it on behalf of everyone else. I'm frankly not sure what you're talking about here either.

Sent using Tapatalk

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It seems he thought that the tyre model was complete at this point.

Then he found out it isn't complete, which most people here already do know, and he thought it was a big shock.

Then I think he means, that you "admitting" that the tyre model is unfinished will do great damage to the product, or the devs, or something...

Christ, I don't know. Just shooting in the dark here to the best of my abilities... :p

12. 88mphTim

Ah, ok. Well, as we've been saying for a few years now, rF2 will be finished when we stop developing it and move onto something else. I'll also say that, the same as the first post of the DW12 release did, they were content updates, not core updates. Feel free to find out the first time I mentioned about the tire contact patch... I think it was around the release of Lime Rock at the very latest.

Still not particularly happy with the judgement placed upon me by him of putting pressure onto others, when he clearly has no understanding. But I'll assume he just came here to stir up crap, to make it even.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think, unfortunately, that's a fair assumption.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

From KnownIssues.txt

Tire Model
    ==========
    -Contact patch load distribution model is not final, which means tire pressure does not have the full effect that it should.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh nice, thanks for the shot in my foot while I defend ISI and your product and you shoot me in the foot, not bad thank you.

I know the state of the tire model very well and you have misunderstood, and the words in friendship also seem to mean nothing for you.

So you do think I come here to spread crap where I try to help people where I can means also nothing to you, again thank you.

Maybe I should make videos and bash as hard as I can, seems more decent for the people.

These reactions towards me 're worse as against the actual people inflict harm, while I'm on your side. :(

No problem I'll leave you in peace.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There's no need to defend anything when reason is involved. Some hold others' (such as EB's) videos as absolute truth and often let them form their "own" opinions on a subject, with someone else thinking for them.

Anyway, there are tons of people uploading their things on Youtube and some get more following than others for different reasons. I find EB's videos entertaining (especially stuff older than 2-3 months) and I found he resonates many of my opinions too, and he passes them on with supporting arguments. It's not fanboyism or bias. Often times there are conflicts due to some perceiving things differently - for a variety of reasons - and then arguments come up as they push their view as absolute truth and disregard otherwise.

Back to the original point of the topic, the video is a nice little summary of feedback that a few of us share for sure. Plus it's easy for things to get past the testing staff given that new content brings new material from scratch. In the aspect of this video I can't understand any backlash. It was a gamer who had very high expectations - which is a good thing - and was disappointed with the outcome in one style (oval), satisfied with another style (road), and hoping for the improvements in the future since the issues are known by ISI - another good thing.

17. 88mphTim

I don't understand what you're saying, or why.

No, the word friendship cannot preface everything you might want to say. It's the same with someone starting a sentence with "No offense, but..." - this does not give a free pass to say something offensive. Frankly I find it difficult to understand most of what you've posted recently, and if you want to be offended by that, go ahead. It's not my intention, but you seem to want to be offended.

One thing I did understand, was you saying I had put pressure onto others. That is a personal and operational remark. If you were on my side (what 'sides' are there!?!?!?), interesting way of exhibiting it. That's the sole reason for a negative reaction to your post, everything else I didn't even understand what you meant and certainly not whose 'side' you were on, because I didn't see that many people really taking a side. The only other comments were to inform you about the tire model information we've stated a hundred times, something you seemed oblivious to entirely.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Obviously the translator fails again and I am unfortunately not able to correct it. I do not understand the reaction because it really has no evil intention.

Then I will as usual put me in an even more difficult situation.

What I was trying to say.

I wanted to trade as a friend my personal opinion towards you and nothing more. Perhaps i should had try it per email and not public.

However, the first approach asks for your permission in a really formal and friendly way, at least in German, while the subsequent part is just what I think the result- will be, that you call the tire model as a possible cause for the result of the Indy cars.

So I thought you would only complicate the situation for the makers. Perhaps the word pressure sounds unpleasant for you but not for me.

I have no bad intentions and never had, believe me, but you only see what you apparently do not like as it seems, though you understand it obviously wrong and say it also.

You should know I like you even though it appears to be only one-sided as it seems to me and this can only result from if a person thinks negatively about the other.

I 'm not saying you're but it is obvious that you almost do not see or want to see all positive or simply do not understand me.

No idea. I for one am disappointed and really sad and it seems I 'm not in a position to share my love with you and the community. :(

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If you want to get into constructive discussions with people Speed, you really need to work on your English. your intentions seem good but using a translator is asking for trouble. Translators cannot get across true meanings and often leave out the subtlety of a language, and then it can easily become offensive, confusing or even arrogant. without you knowing it.

Simple test, translate one of your posts back into German, see what you get.

Pro-tip: ask more questions then posting statements. this usually works much better for both parties, you don't claim anything, 'they' can figure out more easily what you mean or ask to clarify. and it stays more friendly.
    Gotta find a better way to communicate.

Also, can't believe there's another 8 pages on EB's video lol, you people are way too passionate about this all :)

20. Xorak

Xorak Registered

its all about passion. Without passion a racing sim would be "just a(nother boring) game". But its more for the most of us. BTW i love the ideas and concept behind the rF2 tire model. I cant judge if and which parts of 'em need massive improvement. In fact i think rF2 needs in general much improvement. I would love 2 see ISI focus on performance, mp stuff etc. There is plenty of content and tracks available and even more by "our" great modders. So i think a few builds without new fancy content & features would be best.

Anyway, thx for your work!