Nvidia users: Better visuals at the same performance? Yes! And YOUR help is needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Gödicke, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Ivan, the problem is well known (you can see it in the release notes of the current drivers: "Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later."), so we don't need to report this issue itself. The setting is not available since dozens of driver revisions by the way, so chances are pretty high you have the issue yourself already. You can update to the newest drivers, won't make a difference actually.

We want to have it back, but so far there were only very few users who actually want that feature back on their new graphics cards (in fact, I do believe most people wouldn't even see this issue in their shooter games etc. until someone would sit right next to them pointing out the issue on their screens). And as long as there isn't a big group of users who demand that feature, Nvidia won't put it back in. Simple as that.

At the moment we are getting quite some replies in our thread, so thank you guys a lot for your support so far. If you haven't replied in that thread yet, go check it out and add your support. And don't forget to tell your simracing buddies etc. to add their voices as well. Looking good so far guys.

2. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

nVidia - from someone who just switched from an AMD card, please fix this.

3. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

I believe I´ve not understood well what I have to do.

I had downloaded a d3d9.dll, and put it into core folder, but rF2 doesn´t work.

4. AFChaves

AFChaves Registered

I can't get it to work either with rFactor 2, with rFactor 1 and Game Stock Car Extreme it works fine.

5. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

The two dll files posted didn't work for me eider so I downloaded and installed these modified v335.23 Nvidea drivers (click) and they work perfectly for me :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

When I place the DLL into core for windows 8.1 and launch game it crashes instantly. I also unlocked the DLL and it still crashes. However as above installed the complete nvidia modified driver and it works. No more jaggies here.

However anyone know why DLL does not work? I installed dx9 again etc

7. MJP

MJP Registered

Haven't got time to read the linked article atm but I see talk of 2 different sort of DLLs. D3D9.DLL is an operating system DLL so you'll need one that matches your O/S. NVD3DUM.DLL is a Nvidia driver DLL and you'll need one that matches the Nvidia driver version you're using.

8. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

rFactor 1
    For Windows 7 - d3d9.dll
    For Windows 8.1 - d3d9.dll

rFactor 2
    If you are afraid to install the modified driver, you can use this file - nvd3dum.dll
    Copy nvd3dum.dll into game *:\rFactor2 folder to get clamped negative lod bias. (this will only work with 335.23 driver)

9. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

For Both rFactor and rFactor 2
    These two dll files posted below didn't work for me, so I downloaded and installed the modified v335.23 Nvidea drivers (click) and they work perfectly for me :p

rFactor 1
    For Windows 7 - d3d9.dll
    For Windows 8.1 - d3d9.dll

rFactor 2
    If you are afraid to install the modified driver, you can use this file - nvd3dum.dll
    Copy nvd3dum.dll into game *:\rFactor2 folder to get clamped negative lod bias. (this will only work with 335.23 driver)

10. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Can someone explain why on earth my video memory is full with a mod of 320mb on a track of 267mb when i'm at low for level of details ?
    I have a GTX 570 with 1280mb of ram ?
    No triple buffering, frame to render ahead = 1,

Are the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering loading thing twice or more to get there result ?
    THe F1RFT2013 is freezing which is a nightmare b'cause it's damn hot!!

11. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

If I install this driver do I need to change any other settings to get it working? BTW - I am racing in GTR2 not rF, but I assume the effect would be the same...

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Which cars/tracks you talking about, how many cars and what resolution you running at? I have a 470 which is a bit slower than your 570 but has the same amount of memory, maxing out on LOW settings does sound a bit excessive though. You also mention the F1RFT mod if you're talking about those cars (and I assume its tracks) then I can't compare because I gave up trying to download it after the 3rd failure at 97% downloaded.

13. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Yes the F1RFT mod but on an ISI track, portugal jerez
    But it happens on other tracks of the mod also, in fact i can recover by ALT tabing to desk and back to game, strange animal.
    As soon as it happen i have to pause the game, i stlil can hear the sound without pausing, its still running but image is freezed !
    I verified, the memory is almost full but i don't know why, is it the way it's suppose to work ? I'm in 1650 by 1080, i tried everything maybe not in the good combination. I'm stucked, that's frustrating, i have no clue of what's wrong, it should work
    I can even play at full LOD, it is low on frame rate but it doesn't seems to change the problem. If i was memory related i shouldn't be able to play at full when it freezes sometimes at low ?
    tried the trace.txt which is generated strangly in the app folder not the user on win7
    i've got this message :
    hwinput.cpp 713: Problem acquiring keyboard, hr=-2147024891
    hwinput.cpp 709: Couldn't get keyboard device state (f1), hr=-2147024884
    or this one :
    setup.cpp 2931: Could not find 2013_BELGIUM.ini
    Don't know if it's related ???

14. OldDarth

OldDarth Registered

Thanks for the clarification. Got it working now.

15. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

"It took a ton of testing and tinkering for me but I finally got this sim looking great on my system with a solid 60 fps. One thing that helped was a modified d3d9.DLL file that forces Negative load bias to Clamp, since that feature no longer actually works inside the CP. That allowed me to turn down my SGSSAA, which gave me a huge performance boost"

I found this post at racedepartment can anybody shed any light on this? Could this really help some people?

16. DocJones

DocJones Registered

There should be all the light you're looking for in this thread already, and the .dll aswell (last link is just a couple of posts above yours)...

17. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

NOT WORK !!!!!
    The new Dll "nvd3dum.dll" not work for me, i have a GTX 680 4go Phantom and i try with 335.23 driver without success ..... xd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
  18. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

After put nvd3dum.dll in core folder, I don´t see any different..

19. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

yes nothing change .....

20. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Just a reminder guys:
    These DLLs are just some quick jobs to show (if used correctly) what a fixed driver could do to your texture aliasing/jaggies. They are meant to be the solution, keep that in mind. The main goal is still to get the feature back in our driver, so noone will have to tinker with their game installations and/or graphics drivers. It's the easiest and safest way without having to manually edit or copy some files.

If you haven't done so already, post in the thread in the Nvidia forums (which is linked in the first post of this thread) that you want to have the clamp setting working again on your current GPU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.