Nvidia users: Better visuals at the same performance? Yes! And YOUR help is needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Gödicke, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

I posted on the nvidia forum, now we must wait for their reaction ....
    Too bad developers ISI did not realize this problem, it is also necessary that the community of developers secour flies!!

2. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I know remember an issue with Clamp (back when I had SLIed GTX 275s) that has returned now that I'm using the modified DLL. If I take a track with jagged trackside painted lines and Clamp the LOD then the lines smooth out but then there's what I think is a mip map problem where the line suddenly transitions from sharp to fuzzy at about 5 car lengths ahead.

Any ideas how to address that?

3. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

If it's really that blurry you can manually adjust the LOD bias in the rFactor/rFactor2 profile in the Nvidia Inspector to a negative value like -1 (that really depends on how bad it looks).
    Using clamp and 16x anisotropic texture filtering should do the track usually. Make sure you are running with 16x anisotropic texture filtering when using clamp!

[​IMG]

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

It's worse at ORSM Bathurst. I just ran ISI Brianza and it's barely noticeable. I'm probably at 8x AA so I'll try that, thanks.

5. TechDaddy

TechDaddy Registered

Add me to the list of people that would like to see this fixed in the drivers.

6. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Only you can do that yourself. :)
    Hop over to the Nvidia forums and reply to the thread. Infos are in the first post of this thread. :)

7. 10thMountains

10thMountains Registered

hey robert,

as you are german i really thing you should reach hardware magazines. maybe if you post this in forums like "PC Games Hardware" or try to reach the editors of the magazine, they make an article about it or have a look at it why the hell the image quality on nvidia cards gettin' worse.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  10. McLeo

McLeo Registered

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

here you go mate.. Try these new settings. Similar AA however more FPS :)

The new JSON would have reverted this to auto.

"Texture Sharpening":0,
    "Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",
    Heat FX Fade Speed="0.00000"

View attachment 13789

View attachment 13787

View attachment 13788

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  12. coops

coops Banned

question has nvidia done any optimizations for rfactor 2 at all??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

AFIAK they have. The change log of some older driver, it must have been more than a year ago, or even two, mentioned optimisations pertaining to SLI? if I'm not mistaken.

14. coops

coops Banned

nothing else what are they doing or is it up to ISI to get something done ???

15. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Thank you Coanda.

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Are these settings working with the new 32/64 bits configuration after build 770/789?

I just bought a nvidia GTX770amp

17. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Where did you grab the 3D Vision drivers from? and does it work in Windows 8.1?

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The 3D drivers are part of the regular Nvidia GPU drivers. When you install them never choose automatic, choose custom/manual so that you can choose what you want to install and what you don't (for example, I always make sure NOT to install the HD Audio driver and the GeForce Experience), from there there will be 2 3D drivers to install.

Do you have a 3D capable monitor? If so, do you have the Nvidia 3D emitter or is it built into your monitor? If you don't have the emitter and it's not built into your monitor then you need to do the "hack" to make your monitor think it's using 3D. It's very popular and pretty simple, it's known as the Lightboost hack and has become pretty huge the last year or 2. Should be lots of information on the blurbusters website.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

On the subject of graphics, what does the "Compressed textures" = 1 in the .plr really do? I've made it 0 before but haven't really noticed anything.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I could never notice a difference. Most people, going back to the GT Legends days (since I started investigating compressed textures option), couldn't tell either. There were a few reports of people noticing a slight difference but it sounded to me like placebo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.