1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thinking about it again. Wind?

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yeah wind is good and it's what i noticed right away but sounds are really muffled and disappointing for me. I am struggling to get immersed in it, really hard to hear what the car is doing. Car feels too slow, really want that Cobra. Cockpit looks excellent but i really feel like the sounds are holding it back, just can't get into it. Maybe i need to find a better combo as in track, Mores is cool for the hairpins and powersliding out but again it just feels boring due to lack of engine feedback. 2ns gear is fun and then once you hit 3rd it just dies.

3. 88mphTim

Yeah it's using the Panoz ratios. You can get used to those pretty quickly, or I did. :)

If you reduce other bars and raise the engine only, you think that's better? I can ask for the engine to be higher, but they'll stick with something more realistic if they don't agree.

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I'll give it a bash. External sound is nice and brutal sounding, just a shame with cockpit.

5. 88mphTim

You guys do have 494+ as well, right? There's some issues on older builds. :)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Excellent. Looking forward to car stats. Am AFK ATM so cannot check. Are tires street or slicks? I'd expect more chirping and squealing for more information and better immersion if street tires.

Other than that, though, the car is great and unique and therefore adds nicely to the variety of the ISI vehicle line up. Nice work as usual, ISI :)

7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Try it on Targa Florio or Transfaragasaaaa...? Whatever! You hardly go beyond 2nd gear on those roads. Well, at least I don't because I don't know them too well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

They have street tyres by default. Not sure if there's another option. Unfortunately, the sound of the tyres are not as good as in the URD EGT mod. :(

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I get bad motorboating like driving a car with a CVT transmission. Especially noticeable in 3rd and 4th...tach holds at 62-6500RPM and the car accelerates. I think the BaulkTorque value in the HDV file is far too low.

10. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

Nice one ISI.

The sound is kind of muffled. But, that is the reality of the vehicle. The immersion is great.

11. 88mphTim

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/panoz-roadster/
    See the technique section. :)

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Interesting :)

13. 88mphTim

Posting this out on social media now that I have the profile page up.

14. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Awesome work ISI, Open top driving in a Rift feels really cool.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

70' of skid marks, no tire smoke, no tire squeal.

Have to agree that the engine noise is more subdued than I'd expect. Yes, there's wind at speed, but even slow speed (like doing donuts) and high revs is not as loud as the PA system/crowd noise.

Upgrades don't do anything in the preview. Forgot to check on track.

Drives like a boulevard cruiser, more stable than the '65-66 Howstons. Can do 1:02s at Lime Rock all day (no chicane and I readily admit I'm not the fastest) and didn't matter whether I tried abusing the tires or not.

Model is super crisp and the ungloved driver hands freaked me out a bit!

Overall, not my cup of tea, but it is a nice break. Maybe I'll go tour Brianza with it...

16. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I haven't tried this car yet, but I've noticed from the screenshots that the license plate is not historically accurate :p In 1999, New York still had the white plate with Lady Liberty in red in the middle of the number (which was blue) :D

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

No both are quick conversions that didn't do it for me or feel anywhere near the quality of they did even in rF1. I like only the HQ stuff in rF2.

Tim: Boosting sound helped somewhat, will spend more time with it tomorrow, it has something i like about it but just have not found a combo I like or suits the car yet, car model looks really cool when racing AI, good to see AI powerslding out of corners etc and cars move around really nicely and look quite realistic in motion now. Cockpit is really cool, gauges etc look excellent.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The engine sound is very low for me too. I had to turn the engine and tire sounds sliders up a lot to hear the car. For cryin' out loud- lose the cat and muffler and stick a straight pipe on that bad boy so we can HEAR it :cool:

Love it. I have missed the Caterham in Race 07, but this is a nice surrogate, I could grow to love this thing! Of course, once a Caterham 7 is out for rF2, I may forget it, but until then this is a great diversion.

19. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered