1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

AFAIK there's no rain spray either. Just had a short run, no time really to test so not 100% sure if it was due to settings or just something weird or really a bug.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Did you notice if that differs from car to car, or is that every car?

3. Miro

Miro Registered

I had just a run on LD with the Honda in rain, so spray in replays but I can see the spray in the mirror.
    No AI's, one car.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thank you

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OMG! This car is totally awesome! Wow, love it to bits, feels so good to drive, looking forward to a couple of races online with this car.

Thank you Tim and ISI for this great addtion! Keep up the good work ;)

Cheers

6. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

At redline in 2nd, push clutch in and lift throttle at once, move gear lever from 2nd to third, release clutch and put throttle to the floor at once. You can even lift and come back on throttle and the revs come back to 61-6200 until you reach about 170km/h, then the revs start to climb again. You can upshift into to 4th and 5th to at the same speed and once you get back on the throttle, the revs are the same as 3rd gear for the speed at which you're going and stay there as the car accelerates. Auto-clutch on (spit) or off. Strangely, this behaviour does not seem to present itself in 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts or at any speed in 1st or 2nd gears. Nor does seem to matter whether its a take-your-time-Grandma or a fast I-can-beat-the-synchros shift.

For the Howstons, lift throttle momentarily and shift, no clutch. Left foot belongs on the deadpedal.

7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Gave it a go last night. My impressions:

Graphics
    The car seems very simple and un-impressive in comparison to the Corvette C6. The interior especially jumps out at me as underwhelming graphically. I think this vehicle is below par.

Handling
    I believe this is the first road car I've driven from ISI. I think it appropriately reflects that fact, having a much more blunt feeling. From turn in to acceleration and braking, it definitely feels "slower." I think that's good. No idea of the relation to the real life counter-part as I hadn't heard of this vehicle before this release.

Physics/FFB/ETC
    I think these are quite believable as well. Though the car can feel slightly numb at times, due it its "blunt" or "slow" handling feel. It seems to want to slide which is nice fun some times.

Overall
    I'm not a roadcar guy, so I doubt I will use this again. That being said I think I'd give it a grade of somewhere around a 7/10 if I had to use a scale. It seems competent in its physics and feel representation. It seems lacking in its graphical representation.

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Don't know if this was reported before but in the spinner the upgrade change isn't visible except that changing to the grey interior changes the steering wheel colour. Above this I recognized the wiper isn't working (OK, no one really wanna drive a open roadster in the rain xD).

Additionally I have some request for further updates:
    • trackday update for the car comprising of a simple, small roll bar and optional slick or semi slicks
    • Driver head upgrade option, making it possible to choose "no helmet", "open face helmet" and "racing helmet"...maybe a good old 90's helmet :D
    • more driver animations like shifting or apex view when steering (floating hair in the wind would be too much to ask for though :p)

Nevertheless thank you for this nice little addition to the game ;)

9. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

This is a fun little car. Reminds me of all the ugly Plymouth Prowlers that doctors/lawyers around here used to drive around 10-12 years ago, except this one is probably a good bit faster and more powerful. The driver looks like he would fit right into the movie Grease with no one blinking an eye lol.

Are there plans to release a skin template? I'd love one of these in a forest green, with my own custom license plate from my home state.

10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I couldn't wait so took the dds and made a black version with new plate, but template will be available soon probably anyway. Used this site to make plates quickly: http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

11. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Hah! That, my friend, is awesome. I'll have to wait for the template, because I have literally zero skills for skinning a car (this one will be my first, and even a simple color change will be a challenge.) I'll definitely be using that site for my plate though, thank you.

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Cool, base paint colour is in it's own layer, so you can paint the entire surface with that layer selected, or select the layer and hit ctrl+a to select it, or hold ctrl and click the layer thumbnail and with the select tool selected you can right click and select fill and choose a colour. Everything else will remain unchanged. Need to save it as .dds with DXT5 interpolated alpha, generate mip maps and 2d texture. Hopefully you have photoshop, download Nvidia dds plugin. Gimp is a headache for a lot of people, many seem to have trouble with the alpha channel with it.

There's a few special characters with that license maker too:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?state=New+York&text=I+%3F++RF2&plate=1986&r=1656589744
    http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?state=New+York&text=ACE+OF^&plate=1986&r=393390426
    http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?state=New+York&text=%26STOP%26&plate=1986+Vanity&r=432115710

Once you're a bit more familiar with skinning you'll be putting anything you like on cars :)

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Same issue here. Had this behaviour just now a couple of times during SP and MP. One time getting when of the the line and shifting into second, full throttle and revs hanging at about 6000 with the car accelating. A couple of more times while shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

edit: shifting with flippers, automatic clutch on, auto lift and blip on, altough all of these were disabled during the MP sessions.

edit2: currently in a MP session and the issue occurred numerous times. Analyzed it a bit, and it seems to happen when shifting into a higher gear when the engine is very much near or on the rev limiter(full or less throttle I cant say), for example when exiting a corner with slight wheel spin. Just occurred several times between the third and second to last corner at Loch Drummond, after the long sweeper.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  14. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Ok thanks, looks like I'll need to get a copy of photoshop. I have tried using GIMP a couple times, and the results always looked awful...I thought it was because I didn't know what I was doing. Probably still true, but hopefully I get better results with photoshop.

Also, ISI, I have had no problems at all with the sounds in this car. The engine sound in cockpit is well loud enough, and I can hear the wind but it never drowns out the engine. Tire scrubbing/squealing sounds correct to me as well. I don't have the flickering problem with the Home key views, either...everything on my end looks perfect. Like everyone else, though, I can't see the changes made in the Tuning menu...not a big deal, as the changes work once on track. Again, awesome car, another great job ISI!

15. Justy

Justy Registered

I did consider the wind, which for the record, I actually really like (along with all the rattles and squeaks from the cabin), but I find the muffled characteristic of the engine the same if I am not moving. For me it's not so much a question of volume levels, as I see some other people mentioning, but more I hear very little engine note. In fact the "booming" description you gave and the way that seems to drown out a lot of the engine note, is more what stood out to me, I think.

I know that some engines are like that by nature, indeed I've driven cars which do that myself, but with the cars I drove the booming noise tended to be in a particular rpm range and/or under certain engine loads, not all the way through the rev range. Although to be fair, I've never even heard of this car before now, so who am I to say that the way it is represented in rF2 is wrong? ;)

It's no real biggy (for me) and if the devs believe this to be realistic and this is how the sounds will stay, then fair enough... race on! It was just my initial impression after running a handful of laps last night and of course I still need to test it out on my normal speakers to see if its the same.

Anyway thanks for the reply, time for some more laps! Happy weekend folks! :D

Justin

16. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I have NO sound,the sound is on 100%....
    Je n'ai aucun son moteur et le volume moteur est à 100%

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The car is extremely fun! But... Why do this car have 5 gears? I can't even use the 5th. On the long straight at Le Mans I can only use 4th... if I shift up to 5th I will loose speed, it's too heavy. On 5th gear and 210 km/h, the rev limited shows 3.500 !? That's crazy :D My real life alfa 156 revs 3.500 on 5th on the highway (120 km/h). This is meant to be a street car, why do it have such long gears? 100 km/h is 1.900 rpm and it sounds like the engine is aobut to die :D

Is something wrong with the gears?

18. Maug

Maug Registered

No nothing's wrong. It's an american car and fifth gear is for cruising(highways ie), it then consumes less fuel to go at the same speed.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol... I expected something like that...

20. Justy

Justy Registered

I think it says something along those lines, about the gear ratios on the cars profile page too. :)