REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you like to get help, Update you PC specification please and it is much more easy to figure out what is wrong.

2. mbezik

mbezik Registered

?? im not sure i understand, i wasn't looking for help, i was offering a possible solution, and im pretty sure i mentioned my pc specs in the above post

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Holy crap, with such a super-system...

I hope you get it fixed...

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes, maybe not help but there may be other and better solutions if PC Specification is updated.

I disabled Hyper Treding in Bios to solve suffering and micro stutters:
    "another problem ive been suffering was the old transparent trees and i fixed this by turning off AA in game and setting AA in the nvidia control panel, dunno why the in game AA causes this problem."

5. mbezik

mbezik Registered

yeah i tried several bios tweaks also, only thing that worked for me was the method i mentioned

6. Vicpopo

Vicpopo Registered

Someone has an idea ?

Could you tell where to post this to get hope for an answer ?

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

My name isn't hard to spell... it's written right over there <---

So what you are saying that if you had an electrician and a plumber in a company, that you would get the plumber to fix the electrics on occasion and for the electrician to look at fixing the pipes?

People work in different departments for a reason.

8. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Would just like to mention I also experienced micro stuttering or laggy framerates after updating from 382. I'm currently on the unstable 573 which seems better than the short lived 4XX build but still not as smooth as before. My framerate is high enough (i7, GTX780) where the game should feel very fluid but something else must be going on. Think I'm gonna stay on this build for a little while and see what the near future brings. What a headache lately with these new build releases...Clean install like 3 times recently with different builds and still not on par with 382.

Also why at the top of the forum still shows 382 as latest? Is it becase 382 is the latest stable build?

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

the freezing got better after a fresh install but still very much there online. it mostly happens right after a session change. after a few secs on track it settles down.
    But those first few secs.....it just halts and that can't happen in online racing :/

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Indeed, sorry Mr Woodee, I mistiped your nickname...
    What I'm trying to say is: there are people tweaking their BIOS to see if this game WORKS!!!!
    How can you trust a game that even computer genius can't make it work?
    Something is wrong, terribly wrong since build 382.
    Last week ISI released a new car saying it "works only with build 492 or better".
    WHAT? Build 492 DOESN'T WORK! Build 590 is still a bag of bugs!
    I'm saying just this: forget about cars/tracks/etc and fix this issues a.s.a.p. and THEN go back to release stuff.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

There are a million of different system configurations out there so there can be many reasons why your system has microstutter. I have an average to old PC and no stutter. From my memory no one reported microstutter in the internal testing or in unstable testing, or on our league forums, where a big number of drivers are using rF2. ISI have separate people coding the game and working on cars/tracks. Track/car artists are not coding the game so your suggestion about forgetting cars/tracks is ridiculous.

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Actually I reported it in the unstable section.
    I am still suffering from it. What's even worse is the fact that it is not drivable with AI cars anymore.
    I could run like 15 cars on Mid Oho where it would drop down to 50FPS on the start and kick back to 100FPS (fluid) or more after and with the recent builds it drops down to 20 at the start and moves maybe to 40-60 and drops again down on places with even more than 6 cars. Stuttering included, even in replays it's bad. I can only drive on my own currently.

It's not like I didn't try to resolve it, I tried all the known tricks and workarounds but it is just that bad currently for me. Having it reported once doesn't seem to help either after a few builds and as you can see reporting it more often than once leads only to what we have here lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Please understand: different people do these different things. Forcing the people who work on the cars and tracks to stop doing anything, will NOT help speed up the coding/bug fixing side. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by doing that.

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

If you have 3 plumbers and 3 electicians and the plumbing is ok and electricity a mess... What does a company do? Restructure perhaps? I Think that you have to adjust if needed - and this sim is a mess. It feels like they are not capable to sort it out. Releasing bad build after bad build and for the second time just before the weekend so the customers are left to themselves with all Their frustrations and troubleshooting. Things like missing rainspray, dust and smoke were reported in unstable testing. I guess they just close Their eyes and ears and release anyway :D

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones... no my frame rates aren't the best on my spec which can range from 20-50 or so fps. I am making it work fine and having a great time racing alongside friends. I am sorry that those with beafier specs can't get theirs to work so well.

16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Sure the Plumbers move onto the next job, and the Electricians go on working on their job. You keep banging the same drum and no one else is playing. Move on.

Sim runs fine for me, we know they are working on mutiplayer and have got closer but it obviously needed wider testing. If you don't like the way they work, email them with your in depth analysis of their company, I'm sure they will give it all the attention it deserves.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

mibrandt

hiya, I must admit I felt frustrated just like you a while back but things started to run much better on my PC after recent builds/drivers etc

can you fill in your system specifications ? (in your profile)

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I usually don't respond to these posts but here goes. The MP issue was fixed so that's why they released this build. I think ISI would piss off more people by delaying a build release with a MP fix because they were working on rain spray for replays.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

The missing smoke in replays is close to non-issue unless you want to take fancy screenshots. There were actual race-preventing issues that were sorted with this build.

Regarding the FPS drops with AI cars, I am sure it relates partly to the increased undercar shadow distance. More AI cars = more undercar shadows to render. I personally went one step lower with the shadow setting since build 494, because the FPS drop was clear due to increased shadow distance.

20. kloss

kloss Registered

Base on the condition of all special-effects turn on,there is some tyre smoke when I playback the replay in the first time ,but, turns out the smoke will completely gone when the replay was played again.
    And I think the current edition’s smoke is a little less ,even with the smoke-option set to full.