REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I hope you realize that mp wasnt fixed? Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. If mp Was completely fixed then i would agree that the other issues were tolerable for a short period.

Edit: On a positive note I think the fixed undercar shadows and the automated HDR are really big and important steps forward. Graphically its starting to look really good.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Is it another holiday weekend in America?... ISI are very quiet :confused:

3. Nils

Nils Registered

I did not have a lot of mp problems in 494, now it is much worse. I also experience some stuttering which was not there before 590. Bad build for me sadly.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

As said, each PC configuration are different and it's nearly impossible to have something perfect for everyone, so when you do PC gaming you should also be a kind of expert about the way your machine work. That's hard, but that's a fact. Stutters can have various reasons to happen, like to be in the edge of your screen refresh rate (oscillating few fps more or less around it), having Adaptiv Vsync ON and it will turn ON and OFF each seconds can do that, etc. E.g. on my computer, having Google Chrome open is enough to have micro stutter in rF2. I turn it off and rF2 is fluent. You have so many factors which can induce any application to be perfectly fluid... For Chrome I had to set rF2 in Windows mode and to study the task manager window to see where my problem came from...

Saying that, I'm lucky as I pretty well know how my machine work (as a dev) and without having to apply any special tricks, I don't have any problem with this new build: no stutters, no FPS loss, no crash, no pain, just tons of joy! ;)

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I guess yes: I have tons of US colleagues who sent OOTO e-mails (out of office) for the March 24-28 periods.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Shock horror they might've taken time off to spend with their families!

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Same here, and with IE even worse. In events I usually check on our forum to see if peeps can connect or not or have other issues we need to deal with, now they are on their own as soon as I restart rf2 before qualifying. just can't risk it anymore :)

Someone mentioned disabling windows Aero which sounds reasonable, gonna test that as well.

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

My observation with multiplayer in build 590:

- First join has worked on every server I tried. (League servers and official ISI servers)
    - Rejoin a server after a cdt (had some with the URD-EGT AM) has worked.
    - change car settings ingame without leave the server has worked (ISI Malaysia with ISI F35 on legend league server)
    - no stuttering on my machine (or in other words not more as before)
    - in case of a server restart I noticed that i tooks a long time before the Matchmaker present the new actual state. Arround 3 or more minutes and I have to refresh the list several times. During this time the join button is greyed out.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There is not a single 590 server in MP lobby which I can not join.:p
    Get mod works fine too.

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Im so glad to hear that - good for you. Like I said (And many others) sometimes it works some times it doesnt. But I personally think it would be just a tiny little bitzy better if it worked all the time dont you? Maybe Im just way too demanding - I apologize ;)

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I host 14 dedicated rFactor2 servers and we have about 40 online users and
    I have only one feedback about grey join bottom and get mod not working and that was user issue with wrong ports.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

For those having stutters. Try turning off sync completely and then set these few settings in the PLR file:
    Code:
    Max Framerate="60.00000"
    Steady Framerate Thresh="0.00000"

That helps a ton on my antiquated GPU (HD5770).

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi, bit ot but my monitors refresh rate is 60hz, but on some tracks i can get into 120fps in places, do you think changing my max framerate to 60 is best? I have no problem with stutter btw as I have maximum pre rendered frames set to 1 in nvidia cp. :)

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If your not getting stutter then don't bother. :) I personally run 60 because anything more can't really be seen anyways. In rF1 I ran 120 because it seemed to cut down on the tearing because it's evenly divisible. In rF2 I get stutters if I don't cap it at 60 and change that steady frame setting.

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Ok, cheers Noel. :)

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

100% fixed for me and many others which means it's better than before. I'm sure you're just looking to instigate an argument so I'll stop posting here. Take care!!

18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Why do you think that? :confused:

But you take care too :)

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sure, agree 100%. Would be very nice, to have a subforum for admins of dedicated server. This could help a lot...