REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Got an 'out of memory' error at Silverstone last night. First time I've seen this at anywhere other than Pleclair's Nordschleife.

Agree with the above post: the sim seems to be something of a mess right now.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I would say the sim is better than ever. No problems here except some graphic glitches...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think that's why this thread was created:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18913-Some-info-on-communication

with this from Tim:
    "I think the devs are interested in tidying up almost as much as breaking new ground over the next few builds."

Seems they know it's become a bit untidy and the recent multiplayer bugs have not helped at all, it was said by Tim that Jeremy pretty much had to drop everything to fix/continue to fix this issue so therefore other areas get left behind and new bugs surface as always happens in the world of coding software.

For me personally the game is not as bad as others, I can run 29 AI at Silverstone International with most seetings on Full/High just fine, FPS is low at the race start but soon jumps up to a more than acceptable level for me (way above 60fps that is).
    I'm pretty sure my stuttering issues in 590 are Civic related as they happen when they're in view which is to be expected as they have highter detailed models, gonna try a similar race without them tomorrow and see.

4. Rik

Rik Registered

the only flaw that I found, and it has already been pointed out, it's the lights noturne. nightglow. for the rest, RF2 is the best simulator ever.

I have not tried the rain. I love racing on dry asphalt :D where I can hear the rubber of the tires screeching on the asphalt. this feeling of the rubber on the asphalt, I just feel only with this simulator and for me is the best.

AI, the best there is. I noticed a substantial improvement in it.

so, thanks ISI.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx for that. turned it off and it helped, also slightly more fps.

I'm also pretty happy with the current shadow options btw, setting it lower its still good enough but a good improvement in framerate. I guess the static under-shadow or however its called is a good base.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

It only means you went above the 4 GB limit for 32-bit process. Nothing buggy with that, it's a logical thing which happens at a certain point. Same will happen in AC or any other 32-bit game if you go above this limit.

7. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

OK , it's Saturday, but I've posted 2 threads in the 590 Technical Bugs forum.
    JOIN button works only sometimes, even for vmods checked ok...
    In case I need to press the GET MOD button, it also works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't...
    Sometimes I have to press 5 or 6 diferents servers (any...) and when I get back to the server I want the JOIN button works...but sometimes it doesn't...

8. Emery

Emery Registered

For those with join problems even when you had the vmod, did you make sure the servers were at the current version?

9. TVR_Guy

TVR_Guy Registered

+1

10. mbezik

mbezik Registered

im getting a ton of failed verification files after the update and its crashing a lot in the UI, i tried uninstalling the core and data using the launcher but nothing happens when i click to remove either core or core+data.

in game im getting all kinds of strange graphical anomalies from flashing textures, odd reflections to the screen suddenly going black for a split second...etc.

OS is win 8 pro x64, graphics card is gtx780 using the latest drivers

Is there a certain way i should uninstall or just use the standard windows uninstall process and then reinstall?

11. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

My game freezes all the time with this build... :S

12. mbezik

mbezik Registered

Just completed a full uninstall/reinstall and straight away i get one failed verification "Support\590.uninstall failed verification." is this normal?

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes it's normal for the current build.

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I'm going to do an client update from 342 now. See if it gives any problems. Usually never gives me any headache though, so fingers crossed!

Well, I also delete contents in shaders folders and so on, anyone wanna point to right direction for those folders again?

15. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES...
    OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For Christ sake, we're not THAT stupid...

16. mbezik

mbezik Registered

Max Framerate="60" in the plr file and sync set to video seems to have fixed the micro pauses i have been suffering with in this and previous builds, which makes me very happy indeed as its been bugging the hell outa me.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice response, good luck getting answers for your future questions.

18. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Thanks Yololo for figuring this out. Got the same error. I was stumped til I read your solution.

BTW Seems like I always see "Download Complete, Press Install or Update Automatically to complete update process." and never see these buttons. Leaves me staring every time. They should change that line to "Close installer and restart it. Then press Update"

19. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Earlier post of mine with showroom not working. Problem is with these two lines in the PLR file

Display Driver Stats="0"
    Display Track Stats="0"

I set them to 1 enable looking for the stats to be displayed. Stats did not show anywhere but it does turn off the showroom.

My question now is what are these two lines supposed to do?

20. Vicpopo

Vicpopo Registered

Hi
    Since build 590 and the previous I 've got an error message when launching the tracks.Between the 2 versions I made a fresh new install with the demo version .I tested the demo version with Corvette and no problem.I activated the build 590 because I've got a life time code.
    I installed the new update megane trophy and loch drumond.Now for fast all tracks the process bar stay still and never ces to,the end.When I switch tôthe task manager I can watch errors like the one I attached .
    New pc win7
    [​IMG]
    Any idea?