rFactor in a Pro Simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Indeed, like any league admin could.

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks for posting C3PO, I wish there was more available on rFactor Pro like a forum section or something, even though ISI technically
    doesn't have a lot to with it I reckon. I just like to see what companies do with it :)

3. IgnacioK

IgnacioK Registered

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Hardly ;)

5. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

The problem there is that nearly all the rFpro work would be subject to Non Disclosure Agreements with the various companies involved, so unless you would enjoy posts like:-

We started work on a new track today, we can't say who for or which one, nor can we show any screenshots but you can be sure it would be one you would like to have in your collection. :)

the same would probably apply to a lot of the tech involved as well.

6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Fun fact about rF is that the GT Academy work with it during the formation of the drivers who have won the playstation tournament.

7. 88mphTim

BPS doesn't use rFactor Pro. They're a Pro sim using rFactor. There's a difference. rFactor Pro is used by car constructors only. This means either racing teams (like F1 teams who build their own vehicle) or auto manufacturers (road cars who want to test before building a full bodied prototype). BPS aren't either of those.

8. 88mphTim

And were unlicensed using it in a commercial capacity like that, as well. It's a single user license, willing to bet those drivers weren't using their own copy.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

How did you guys respond, if at all?

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Ah cool, I wrongly assumed they used rFactor Pro :) I didn't know, if I get it correctly, that rF pro was limited to constructors :)

I'm more interested in how the complete package is being used, background info like in the video posted :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

FWIW, for those who haven't seen it I've done a few little sessions at BPS and it's a great facility. Tried out the GT Simulator recently and here's my effort at Barcelona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOYfUzkWuI

Since that video, there is now the authentic LCD dash and all the buttons and switches on the centre console for brake-bias etc...as per the real Vantage GTE / GT3. You really feel you're in the real thing (as most of it is from the real thing anyway!).

12. williang83

williang83 Registered

This video remind me a racing game where if you try to turn the wheel even half of what they do in the video at the same speed, the car would go straight with extreme understeer.
    Just sayin...

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

^ Well spotted -- RL GT3 drivers that day said if I drove the car like that in RL the tyres would be knackered by the third lap.

14. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I'm not surprised.
    Anyways, that's just about how good rFactor is, if it's used by so many pro.
    That's the problem about rF2, people think it's a game you can launch and go on track and everything will be awesome.
    That's a pro tool, you need to use it like a pro to unlock the potential.

15. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

As far as I know rFactorPro is using a custom api to get better response for input and output and mutch faster hardware.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just in case you missed Tim's response above, the video featured in this thread isn't using rFPro.