Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

lool Mr Beam

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that does'nt work for me

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

No idea if its even related, but have you tried rebuilding the shaders by deleting the cbash folder?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

agreed, it completley ruins the experience and makes Real Road effectively obsolete. Dont understand why people have requested a full rubbered track at all, part of the thrill of RF2 is losing grip on the marbles and outbraking opponents on a non-rubbered area of the track....it's what Real Road is there for!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes see my earlier post!

6. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I have soft tires for 30-40 minutes of the race, the main thing is not to give the car to slide

7. stonec

stonec Registered

In my experience this is exactly how the road looks like even after a couple-hour event. Human drivers, unlike AI, find a way to hit each part of the surface, especially when you let realroad build forever.

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+1

I noticed Big chunks of rubber missing in the visual Real Road at silverstone on isi server - dont know if its only visually missing.

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Do you know what specs that machine have?
    Is it running on Windows Server OS or Linux or otherelse?

Ours its:
    ◾AMD Athlon™ II Quad-Core
    ◾16 GB DDR3 RAM
    ◾2x 1,500 GB SATA II HDD

Data Transfer- unlimited
    Type- Flat rate
    Switch Port- 100 MBit/s
    External Connections- 550 GBit/s

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that's because it's still accelerated at the moment.

11. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

About the colission problems reported it could also be something related to multiplayer.ini
    Check the "Collision Fade Thresh="0.70000" // Collision impacts are reduced to zero at this latency".
    ex: 0.0000=The cars act like ghost car not touching each other.
    Maybe the 0.70000 is too high on certain mods and making all those close overtakes resulting in crashes even if drivers dont touch each other.

Maybe i could be saying a huge stupidity but it dont cost that much to try.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just to report this happens with Medium and Max quality and yes I have deleted cbash & shaders inbetween trying each :confused:

13. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

I suggested the RealRoad be set to accumulate indefinitely (not be set to "full rubbered", but I guess that's the outcome) because:

a) One of the main reasons I think new rF2 owners have a negative experience at first is driving on "green" tracks. As has been said by ISI, the green condition represents a grip level of a dirty, dusty track. It's unsurprising that people's first experience would be negative on that kind of surface and they'd go away saying it's like driving on ice. Seems to me it would be best for the official ISI servers to try and avoid that experience for people.

b) I find it damn annoying for the track to reset to a green or lightly rubbered condition every race when the races are only 30 minutes apart or something, and then with the accelerated track changes it just feels really unnatural and downright silly for someone with rl experience.

c) It's what would happen if you ran races continuously on a real track, which is what the servers are set to do, so why not let it happen naturally.

d) When LiveRacers was working, it made logging onto a server to just hotlap and see how high up the leaderboard you could get actually worthwhile. Without having the track reach a stable, rubbered-in state you needed 20 people on the server to rubber it in enough to where you could achieve the top lap times.

I had seen servers set this way previously with much smaller numbers of drivers and it worked out well. However with so many drivers and with ability levels all over the map, combined with the way RealRoad works, I see now that you just end up with a track evenly rubbered and no marbles to speak of. With decent driving what happens is you get a nice wide racing line and then marbles outside it, and dirty track outside that. In other words something very natural that produces good racing. You can go off line to pass and not lose a ton of grip, but if you go too far you will lose a lot.

I suspect if RR weren't accelerated that even with the wide range of abilities on the servers you'd still end up with something close to that, but as it is even a few people driving off-line now and then will eventually just rubber the entire track evenly.

Anyway, those were my reasons but maybe most people don't like it, I have no idea. Personally I think it's six of one, half dozen of the other. I get the sense that a lot of people have become enamored with the accelerated RealRoad functionality and that once it gets fixed they're going to feel like the track is too static and boring. The way it works now is very "gamey" IMO, even if the physical effects are fairly realistic.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I race with you at Croft and after 10laps the tires were good and I could make 5 more laps!

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for the addition ISI.

pretty looking car but nothing more to me unfortunately based on first impressions. Not a fan of the ffb (too light at fast turns, probably related to oversteer which could be managed with setup work maybe). The car also tips quite easily. Also had some ctd online (no problems on Croft but Silverstone crashed several times after loading a server).

I feel a bit dissapointed because I hoped this to be one of my favourites...not saying it's bad, probably a really good representation of the real thing but not just my cup of tea, unfortunately.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok:

a) well that's part and parcel of RFactor2, newbies need to learn that tracks start Green or light rubbered, if they cant handle that then there needs to be a "Newbie Server" with a constant same grip of surface.
    b) fair point if the server rotates Qually-Race then Qually-Race etc, personally I would prefer a Practice session which reverts back to Green.
    c) only if it never rained on that track yeah, but that's not very life like for a lot of race tracks in the World especially European ones.
    d) server dependant true

If I saw a server with continuous Real Road i'd personally avoid it, again it's the essence of the tech that needs to be used for me, otherise as said it's a complete waste of use.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That setting doesn't affect when collisions occur, it just reduces the severity of them as ping increases. 0.000 'turns off' collisions because obviously anything x 0 = 0, but any higher setting will just reduce the damage and effect of a collision. No setting is going to create crashes when cars don't touch each other - such a thing would just be down to prediction code etc.

18. Patrick Michels

Patrick Michels Registered

As I can see that a big bunch of you discussing about problems of the current version and rubbered real road on the isi official servers. And even if i know it is maybe a bit off topic (under current view angle) and it must look like i am a total fanboy:

I love the new Honda Civic NGTC. Yesterday i drove some rounds on Sebring and Lime Rock and the feeling of my first driven FWD car is so crazy cool. The FFB experience is whole another than on RWD, i can feel the front tires pulling the car when it drifted in a curve and i am pushing the gas pedal. Its a lot of fun :)

Thanks to ISI for that new car, even if it has its problems in this build. This will evolve, like everything else.

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Same here.

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

The same for me too. this sim looks like the clio (with more power) and the clio is not my "cup of tea" (weird ffb and the steering feels weird).
    But it's only my opinion and I'm not an expert!:).