Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Javik

Javik Registered

Hi, I have a problem with the gears, I have a CSR Wheel with paddles and only when I climb up the 90% of the time goes two consecutive gear, making me lose time. In rfactor1 is not the case, I think it is a problem of rf2. You know the solution?

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

There's an option in the .PLR file to change the timing between gear shifts. I had this problem and changed the option to 'dont shift again until last shift has completed'. You also have an option of changing the time between shifts in the same option.

It's called 'Repeat shifts'

3. Javik

Javik Registered

This option?

Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

5 is fine?

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Sorry, I edited it in above - its 'repeat shifts' Try 4 or 5

5. Javik

Javik Registered

Veryyyyyyyy much thanks. 5 is fine for me.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sorry if already reported but is anyone having problems loading Lienz or Mountain Forest with this release? Been a while since I ran either one of them so not sure if only this release or previous one also. Mountain Forest CTD after track loads. Tried uninstall, reinstall and delete cbash. Lienz drops to 4 fps from over 100 fps when re-enter town toward end of circuit and also tire smoke at start drops to 4 fps. Only these two tracks. Anyone else or any advice? Thanks.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

For Lienz, it will be all that dust that will be giving you the 4fps, we had same problem with the track Targa that also has dust on track. The new dust/smoke in the newer build are a right FPS killer. Over 10 drivers and the FPS is very choppy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  8. MJP

MJP Registered

Mountain Forest had a problem with the 'Rain Drops' setting, you needed to turn it off to get the track to load. Unfortunately with the latest builds you can't turn rain/smoke off so the track probably won't load in it's current state.

Regarding Lienz it's probably the tyre smoke that gets kicked up in the town section that's giving you the FPS drops. Tyre smoke causes my GPU usage to spike and the heavier and/or more prolonged the smoke is will cause my GPU to stall and FPS drops to single figures. As this cannot be turned off your only real option is to reduce the # of cars to a level your system can cope with.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks guys.

10. JABowders

JABowders Registered

Did the auto update, and added the new Honda and the updates, but now I don't have the "Series"... all I have is the "All Cars and Tracks".

They were there before the update, and in Manage MODs they are still listed as being installed

Just an Observartion.

James

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

no series selection will exist if there is no vmod or series-mod packages installed.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I thought this was a specific Civic problem but this undercar shadow (or lack of) seems to be on others too, 370z & Megane noticeable so maybe it's a Build 382 thing. Yes cbash & shaders deleted, default PLR

GRAB_004.jpg

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

14. Plebre

Plebre Registered

I had, uninstall all, backup player folder, install lite version the nissan 370Z, Loch Drummond, Mid Ohio, Restore the player folder. Now I can't get more than 20 FPS. Before the the update I had around 50 FPS at Mid Ohio. Option are not locked to 20 FPS. I running out of ideas. Are people with ATI getting less FPS with this release?

P.s. Had also update ATI drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep ta that's it

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

sorry if already covered but is there a common understanding regarding issues with Lienz and Mountain Forest? For example, has ISI responded to particle issue and agreed it is a bug? Or does something need to change at Lienz because future builds won't fix? Regarding Mountain Forest, someone said it was because rain drops could not be turned off but there is a setting related to rain so is this different from prior setting? Will it be changed or should we ask Mario if he can fix whatever is causing in Mountain Forest? Thanks.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oops wrong thread

18. GaryL

GaryL Registered

Could ISI maybe grow a pair and just tell me straight, "Don't try and make good of rF2 with your ****ty 3Gb 7970 gfx card, this sim is only intended for NVidia, anything else is pissing in the wind.....

{edit} just felt the need to add ISI you disgust me....
    {edit} maybe you don't disgust me, but I am very disillusioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's obviously not only intended for nVidia, or it wouldn't run on anything else. If it were easy to make it run just as well on anything else as it does on nVidia, it would.

The fact it doesn't run as well on AMD is probably indicative of lack of knowledge from ISI, lack of input from AMD, and the engine somehow being designed in a way that hurts AMD performance. I very much doubt even ISI knows how much of these three things are a factor, so I don't see how any of us can claim to know.

If you're suggesting it's their intention to make it run poorly on AMD, I'd say you're very much mistaken. It makes no sense for them to do it, anyway.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I raced at Silverstone in the Meganes with 19 AI with most settings on High and only saw fps below 60 at the start, after that 70+ for the entire race.....good enough for me. Not saying it couldn't be better of course, but it still looked Damn good enough to me!