Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Does anyone know if the BTCC car and Silverstone represent the final level of detail in graphics that will be used in rf2 or what the upper limit is? I purchased a gtx 760 lately with the expectation that it would be adequate for a single screen setup but with each release seems to come more demand on graphics and IIRC Tim recently recommended > x number of AI for best experience so when will graphics demands cease to be a moving target, if you will?

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Constantly evolving product. Soon only NASA computers will be able to run rf2 at max graphics settings.

3. Javik

Javik Registered

Nasa= nvidia :)

4. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Look at recommended specs by ISI and compare with the rig of the most beautiful screenshots and videos posted. At this pace only Nasa.
    I prefer to ISI not improve graphics anymore, just tires and netcode. :)

5. Guilherme Faustini

Guilherme Faustini Registered

Yes please!!! Could you guys try to copy Iracing net code? It's the best netcode I have seen... It's always smooth.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I strongly disagree. In iRacing cars simply vanish if there is any lag. You end up driving very conservatively because you never know where their car may reappear. At least in rF they do some prediction between updates and for the most part it works really well. The latest build has all new prediction code which has someone work to do. But in the end I think it is going to blow away the old code. If you aren't happy with the new prediction code then turn it off.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Build 382 is very unstable. I have had nothing but issues with this build and CTD issues with my install and the dedi server I have. In fact, many drivers in my league report the same issues (today we had a race that was ruined by the current build's instability).

When is a stable build coming? Is anything planned for the immediate future? The game is almost undriveable and it is screwing up the league I am trying to build.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Netcode to iRacing is the reason why I don't play it cars vanish if there is any lag. :mad:

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The netcode with rF2 is amazing. When we did finally get that race going, there were a couple times when I was mirror-to-mirror with another car. Following close behind is no problem and there was no warping, lag or discoing. With all the racing games I have played, rF2 is by far the best in this department. The recent changes have improved this.

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I agree about netcode is great, if there is no bad plugins or external problems all works like charm. I race in a league, and I raced lots of races with full 26 drivers grid with 0 problems.

We have our own livetiming system, hotlaps system... simple plugins with no errors. We had problems in the past while developing livetiming that caused bad lag issues, but wasn't rF2 issue, was our own plugin. Now It's solved we can race in full grids with no server lag issues and can race in close battles (being almost touching the rival car) with no flying cars during crashes, and when someone hits another car does not happen anything strange.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Double post sorry :)

Our server is giving errors now, 'out of memory' and it refuses to start the dedicated. on all our profiles and also when using Host on the rf2 front panel.
    same with mod manager.
    rebooted the box, still no go.

we ran a 4 week series with no problems until today. (new vmod is basically the only change)

any advise?

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Brush your teeth after meals.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Anyone else??

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've not encountered anything like that. First thing I would try is removing plugins, see if that fixes, if not, then at least you know it's not.

16. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Anyone else?

What else?
    An espresso? :)
    sign Georges

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

18. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Hi there,

I also got many CTD since this build the last one was really stable for me in case of CTDs. First time now i got an error message whichs says : The instruction at 0x774ae3be referenced memory at 0x20f0a4ff. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. Happend when i tried to join a server. Hope this helps a bit to solve this issues.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I posted a thread asking about the stability of this build at CMS, 5 have responded with multiple CTD's, 2 others responded with isolated CTD issues. As with most issues of this nature, some people have no problems at all while others have more serious problems. I have noticed this with every build, but I bring it up because I have noticed it more with this build than with past builds. I also have had a lot of problems with this build after several stable builds and having very few problems over the past 6 months or so.

After reading around several different forums, talking to people on TS, Steam chat and experiencing serious issues in an online race and with my own dedicated server it became apparent that I am not the only person with issues with this build. That's why I posted here.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered