[REL] [Virtua_LM] Le Mans 1991-1996 (v1.00 released)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Nov 1, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

When driving, this "Rorschach" inkblots (I agree for the mammoth shape ;)) is not a problem for me and I like those imperfections of the road. Great track :)

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

lol. i'm just waiting for someone to make it their league logo :p

3. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I love you guys! :eek:

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It's getting kinda funny, if you stop and think about it. Everything ethone did to get this track together and "we" have devoted at least two pages of discussion about a large oil stain that some think is obnoxious from an orbital screen shot.
    Come on, ya gotta smile a little.
    I spent a little time driving a wrecker for a dealership back in the day, that's exactly why, when I first drove by it that I thought "what a cool stain".
    Aren't you grinnin' a little yet?

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Dude I love it. This reminds me of the hilarious speculation after someone spotted a Loch Drummond on MatchMaker.

6. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

The ISI Formula one car flips over at the end of the Mulsanne straight (a la group c style) at the crest. Figured I'd drop the wings and set the gearing and give it a top speed run.
    Scared the shat out of me too, was in the zone after a few slow pacing laps then I decided to give her.

She gave alright, took off like an F/A-18.

Is that suppose to happen? I mean I know its 1991 but geez boys, easy on the realism, lol.

7. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

If you have very low wing setting, you need to raise rear riding height for hve more downforce with less drag. Car will get airborne otherwise.

This is what happened to Mercedes (and Mark Webber) mid 90's on that track. They run car with too low downforce and car got airborne on that specific spot.

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I've once started a thread about the winged cars flying over the crests at Lienz. Although there are numerous exemples that show remarkable behaviour of these cars over crests, there hasn't been any comment from ISI on it AFAIK.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is it my setup or is anyone else also getting a lot of distant texture flicker (trees mostly?)

The track is pretty in early evening but somehow "flat lighting" during afternoon. Compared with Mid-Ohio for example it doesn't quite visually pull my heartstrings yet. But it's great to have this already in the current state, and I'm happy about any future improvements we will get - thanks for being the first to bring this most important sports car track into the game.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I've noticed trees flickering at fairly mid distance, mostly at late afternoon just before sundown

11. Magus

Magus Registered

Yeah I get lots of flickering on this track too.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks guys, no need to play around with my settings then.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Yip... I`ve noticed a fair bit of flickering here too...

14. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Let me start by saying thanks for giving us this epic track, it´s a blast to drive and a must have for every sim racer. I had a online race today in the BES mod and I had a grin on my face all the way :D, but I noticed two things... (noticed a lot of gr8 things but 2 "bugs")
    1. when going on or over the curbs on the right side in the 1st lefthander in the dunlop chicane you hit a invisible wall that completely wrecks the car. Tried raising the suspension but didnt seem to help.
    2. When breaking hardfor Indianapolis the rear of the car suddenly jumps a meter in the air like something exploding under the rear:confused:(I was in the f458 but saw other cars have the same)
    Keep up the fantastic work and thanks again.:cool:
    If you want I could make a small vid if it shows in the replay but I wouldnt know why not.

15. celkaris

celkaris Registered

great work, thanks a million times for releasing this !

It's a real pleasure to drive on that fabulous track (tried it with LMP1 and Mazda787B so far)

16. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Didn't have a time to test it so far, I'll try to give it a go on weekend. Anyway, thanks for hard work ethone.

17. ethone

ethone Registered

I'm currently preparing the next version. It's still a few weeks away with some final touching up on the guardrails left to do.

The preliminary changelog looks like this so far:
    - fuel consumption recalculated. Didn't observe the AI running out with the mods I tested with, but it might help if you experienced it and it hasn't been fixed by newer rF2 builds
    - increased LOD bias for some textures which increases resolution at a distance, lessening unintentional "haze" effects, if that's what you guys meant ;)
    - objects reflecting on the cars have been worked on. Further performance testing needs to be done here, I'm seeing 25-30fps with a field of 30 cars with settings on full which does make me worry.
    - trackside cameras have optimized shadow ranges to lessen the issue of car shadows disappearing too soon
    - sunblock meshes have been added, one to fix sunlight showing through gaps, one to avoid having objects lighted once the sun moves below the horizon
    - Tosch's excellent HDR profile is included to fix any out of the box lighting issues that are possible to fix through a HDR profile
    - reworked a handful textures, increasing texture size minimally where helpful.
    - guardrails have had extensive work done on them. Gaps have been protected by rebuilding the guardrails. Variety maps have been added in two distinct varieties.

If there's anything major you think that has not been addressed or has come up during recent builds and not mentioned yet, now's the time to speak up politely. :)

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Good news :)

19. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Well done - sounds fantastic!

20. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

You guys are just so awesome!:D