[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Totally agree, its like starting simracing all over again , cant get enough and to drive Peclairs masterpiece is the cherry on top... Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It's my favorite version, this here j.

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

YES! New cameras will be awesome! Glad to see you back on the forums too. :)

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Jup overall better color reproduction. Glad you are back with us. Just a tip. I think you should wait with tweaking colors right now. First as you say, you have bad monitor and second, Rf2 is constantly changing also color wise. You really shouldn't take so much time right now in your situation with tweaking colors. This just starting unnecessary drama as you see. I rather work on shapes, textures and objects right now or just learning how to do this things and bring best from it. We really don't need new build every week. Take your time. And last, don't work to much or overload yourself with work. You really shouldn't be here if you spend all of your time of your life just creating this track. This is not healthy by any mean. Not for your creativity, not for your will and most important not for your health. And we really don't want that. So take it easy. Oh yea i almost forgot :) "As proper German, i must complain of something" and i must say, the bushes is to dark now :) Cheer up :)

5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Yes I also think this is the best yet.

6. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Thanks for your persistence PLeclair,much appreciated...

7. Wheely

Wheely Registered

Ist the new Version of the NOS also available with btsync (BGYHAQDQB5DLSNINPPUVLVKJ6366GDFOR) ?.

8. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

Well, playing pleclair's Nords v097j in rF2 on the second day of AC release, is the best compliment they(ISI and this track) can get :)

Really nice work, the Megane around the track is awesome.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

HDR profiles for Build 0.97j. To install extract the files to "rF2Data\UserData\player\Settings\Nordschleife_Tourist".
    The zip contains three profiles with different settings.
    -gamma: higher gamma, more brightness, less saturation
    -contrast: low gamma, less brightness, more saturation
    -LowSun: reduced direct Sunlight

DOWNLOAD: View attachment Ring097jHDRprofiles.zip

The track looks really good now. Lighting is more natural, the trees don't get to dark on the shaded side. That gives more room to play with hdr settings. Maybe I try a more radical profile next. :D

I just exchanged the background picture and updated the restaurant colors (devil's diner).

[​IMG]

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Wow Tosch! This looks superb! Loving that new image in the background! I looked quite a bit to replace it myself, but I wasnt sure if the bg we had was really pictures of the scenery nearby nord or generic images. So instead of putting up something totally unappropriate, I left it this way, and tried to have it look as best as I could.

But that is just great, and the devil's dinner is wonderful! You took more pictures over there? Or you looked in your archives? I take it you visit the track a few times a year? :)

Here is a little tatoo I made this morning to thank the lot of you supporting me, either thru financial donations, or simply telling your thoughts in the forums, and keeping it rather clean.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys!

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I am done with tweaking the colors for now. Might revisit them when I get the new monitor if I see anything that jumps out of place, but I'm pretty satisfied.

As you said, I'm aware of the bushes. Because the way they are made, its hard to get them look not too dark when in the shade, and not super bright when in the sun. Since they are either facing straight at the sun, or away. A tree is perpendicular to ground, those are angled.

The sphere mod to the bush normal map did help tho. They get very dark less often. But I tight I might be able to do something about it. By applying a gradient like I did on the treeline, I may be able to get the bottom a little more light.

If all fails, I'll make them into billboards sometimes, but I would really like to keep them as they are, since they take volume, and can cover up fences like they do sometimes. Billboards couldnt do that...

Regarding time I put into this.. well, let just say that at the moment, even if I wanted to do other things, I couldnt do much more than go take a walk outside... and to be honest... I'm not the kind of guy that really enjoy walking around mindlessly :)

On the other hand, I like to learn and improve my skills. And I am making progress and learning everyday. Some day are harder than others, when I cannot get things to look like I want to, or don't know how to do something that I think should be simple, but cannot figure... then it is tougher, but so far, I always went back to it, and in the end, managed to overcome the hurdles. Then it is a very nice feeling.

But really, I don't really wanna speak about this, cause I don't want any pity... I made all kinds of bad decisions in my life, (remember, I'm rather impulsive nature, and quick to act.. yesterday I was really close to buying a broken monitor just because it wasn't expensive, and I partially read the description...) and I'm assuming them.

This said, I would certainly like things to change, and Nord might help me. If I can improve my skills good enough for a studio to notice me, then I would be most happy :)

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I just taken a quick look at the profiles and I must say that contrast and gamma are my two favorites. Hard to decide which I like the best. They are looking pretty good and different.

Can't wait to see the more radical profile. Is this the kind of HDR profile that makes the sky really pop out? I think I've seen such a profile from you for another track, can'T remember which now.

If you wanna send me the updated bg and devil's dinner texture, I will gladly include them in the next update, as well as the cam file.

There is no need to send me the PSDs for those tho.

Thanks again!

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Let me tell you something. I never started this to make myself money, or buy me anything. I like the track and rFactor 2 very much, and prior to starting this, I had played rF2 almost every day, hunting down laptimes on rf2rank. I was getting a bit tired of the lack of track at the time, and when I heard about Nord being released by GMT, I was really excited.

When I heard a day or two later that it got cancelled, I was really pissed, and when someone mentioned that the 2.2a version by com8 was available for conversion on any platform, I decided that I could have a try.

I soon realized that the track was a bit too much for the computer I had back then, and I couldnt pursue on improving it further than the initial conversion.

It turns out that my current situation is bad, I dont have money, but I have plenty of time, dedication and will to learn. But again, it wasnt me who suggested I should accept donation, it got suggested to me.

The reason now I keep on going and want to make it as good as a track made by ISI (I'm aware I may fall short, and probably will, but anything close to will nevertheless satisfy me), so someday I may end up working for them or another studio making tracks, doing things I like.

I'm not doing this to get rich with the donation I receive. It has been in fact re-invested in 100% into the track itself.

I would have bought a new computer much faster if I went to work at minimum salary at a mcdonalds than I did converting nord.

14. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Registered

If you're ever near the track when I'm there I'll make sure to take you around a few times! :)

Haven't tried the latest yet, I though G looked awesome. :)

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Who knows :) I would most certainly be most appreciative for a ride on Nord. I really want to ride it myself, but I'm aware that even tho I now know the virtual track very well, it would still take me too much time and money to become comfortable on it to really have a good time on it :p

Riding with someone who really knows it would be a good alternative :)

I know that I would be smiling the whole time :)

EDIT: Let me know what you think of J when you try it!

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

How about a quick update? Since you have the most textures in place and the fine tuning begins it maybe a good idea to reduce the size of the downloads (not the whole track for every update) and release smaller updates.

I can upload a update file that includes the new cam file, new background textures, the restaurant texture and the hdr profiles. It is just 8,5 MB in size. I would name it 0.97k.

17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Please do so, Tosch, if Peclair is ok with it - TIA

18. hoover

hoover Registered

HI folks,

btsync seeding from ISI dedicated should begin in a few secs...

secret (same as before, for those late to the party): BGYHAQDQB5DLSNINPPUVLVKJ6366GDFOR

Uwe

19. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Even if it was brand new, you should avoid it. For the kind of work you are doing, you do not want to go near a TN film panel, you want an IPS as they have far superior image quality, especially when it comes to colour reproduction. A good, cheap option is a Dell 2412m, but this is 24". Almost all 2560x1440 27" screen will be IPS. Almost all 1920X1080 27" will be TN film. You'll also want to borrow a colorimeter, but I'm sure someone on this forum (i don't have one, i borrowed one a while back from a friend) will gladly donate you one for a weekend to get that job done.

20. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013