[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i have a calibrated screen here, and am quite good with software like photoshop, etc, if tosch and preclair can school me a little bit in what i should be doing to the current textures to make them neutral, i can go through those 6gb of files and correct them. Just PM me if you want to explain the basics, and if i can help to try and solve the colour issues (or just to do dull work so you guys can work on stuff that's more important) , i shall.

2. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Registered

It was, anybody could join up for a small fee and play the game/read the development forums. It might have closed off to new players now but the development is completely open, ingame videos and photos are posted all around the internet, in depth discussion of the game with no NDA is done freely all around the internet. Not that this is relevant to the topic, but you get my point, Project CARS is completely out in the open throughout the whole development process.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I guess you are supporting pleclair's postulation/suggestion/decison to not release any more versions until he's damn well ready to do so and it's finished to his perfectionist standards (maybe 6 months from now). Thanks a lot, but the rest of us would have preferred to work along with incremental improvements (and the occasional backwards experimental step). All that's required is to be more respectful with constructive criticism. It's not that difficult.

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Not completely out in the open. Their forums are still closed to the public.

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hey guys!

What a week that just went by! Those darn trees! They nearly had me, but I think I got something pretty solid to show you.

I have remade them all, and changed quite a few trees as well. All those that bugged me are now gone. The selection we now have is the best I have made so far, by a good margin. You will have the impression that I added some trees, but I haven't, yet.

I have also a very big surprise for you. The fences and guardrails everywhere have been smoothed out. As you will see in the following screenshots.

I have restored a lot of the original texture, since I originally made them too dark. Did a few adjustments on some of them, since they had various brightness level.

All in all, in my opinion, this is by far the best version of Nord that I have released so far.

HDR and non-HDR mode are looking both good, and tosch first profile for 0.97g alpha works brilliantly with it too.

Here are the shots:

(Bayro is ISI default, Corvette is Tosch's, and GTR is non-HDR)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need to multi post the screens...

Download link is here: https://mega.co.nz/#!ABpC2IoJ!RLirogwGU5Pm_UdL8eZt7BrJL7hLtPYhzcv9Z-XdMtQ

Enjoy! Have fun this week-end!

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

7. pleclair

pleclair Registered

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Don't forget that I mostly run my session from 4AM at 60x time accel... so time is varying widely in the screens. I included some in every part of the day.

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Pleclair - if you're ever in London - drop me a line - I'm buying you a round of beers!

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have nothing to say about the colours really... I think they are quite nice in the g version too. But I'm glad that you continue to improve the track :D Thanks!

12. tjc

tjc Registered

And if your in London, nip up north a bit and I`ll buy the second round. :cool:

Good to hear from you again pleclair.

It`s looking really good going by the screens. I hope mega works for me with this version.

Many thanks for all your work.

:)

13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

ThankYou - DL.......

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's it!!! Now you nailed the colors. Great work pleclair. :D

Downloading now. Expect the first hdr profile around midnight CET. :cool:

btw, have you modified some tv cam positions?

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks Tosch!!!

Really happy to hear that... Actually made my day! On my last update, your early silence was killing me :p

I also don't want you to believe I didnt wanted to use your last edits. The reason why I chose to have a try myself, is I want to learn, and in the end, be able to achieve similar results as those who serves as a model for me. You, feels3, ISI, virtua_lm...

I know you would have sent the .dds gladly, but sending the psds might have been too big, or maybe you didnt wanted me to see what you did, which I totally understand. But anyway, just didnt wanted you to take this personally.

Can't wait to see the new profile! I have played with the specular fresnel of the grass and trees a bit. I think I came up with pretty good settings. The light shining on the trees, and also at night when car lights hit them, is pretty neat imo.

So if you think you see changes in the specular highlights, there is :)

EDIT: I havent yet edited cam position. I thought about it tho, but never done it as of now, so I'll have to figure this out. I know that some trees cover the default view. I thought about moving some around, but then thought I should move the camera. I'll need to have a look at this. Can it be done in the dev mode? Or you need to edit a text file by hand? I still have to figure the AIW and Cameras. I'd like to improve the AI where it falls a bit short. I tried to follow an AI car for a lap, bumper to bumper, and done about 2/3 of the track, then crashed.. there is some corners where they slow down a tad too much. But again, in some other parts, they are hard to catch up. I play now at 100% to make sure I get the real AI level.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

@C3PO and tjc, thanks guy! I appreciate the thought :) I doubt I'll ever be leaving where I am, but who knows! London isnt far off from Germany too :p God knows that if I ever leave Quebec to have a trip somewhere, my first destination is Nord :) Wanna ride this mother of all track and I would really like to sit down in the Ring Taxi :) Got goose bumps when I see that guy ride around track!

17. tjc

tjc Registered

If you ever do leave, the offer is there. ;)

Yay!

mega downloaded this version no problem at all.

Will be testing later.

:cool:

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

For those having problems with Mega sometimes, it is likely to be related to the link being too popular and get put down at times, since I'm using a free acount over there.

I have noticed in the plans, they speak about generous bandwidth for members, so I take it, it is somewhat more limited for free users, and since the file is bigger now.

I'm sure Hoover will have this online in the btsync share soon!

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Can't wait to try this, but Mega is somewhat buggy tonight. Stuck two times at 8%.

I will send you some psd's if you want, but a single grass psd is 150MB. :D

Here is an example what I did the last week. The problem with hdr is, you don't know how your texture will look like in game with the additional light added by hdr. The top left texture is the default grass texture in Photoshop. On the bottom left is an ingame screenshot. The texture on the right is the default texture with an extra layer (vivid light, color is rgb 180,180,180). This is my solution to get an realistic preview of the colors in Photoshop. :D

[​IMG]

The position of the cams can be edited in devmode. Let the AI drive and watch in tv cam mode. Press pause when you reach a camera you would like to edit. Toggle flymode. Move your position (you have to assign keys to move the camera, I have assigned these keys to my joystick) that you can see the "virtual" camera from behind. Select the camera (rectangle with mouse). Use the "Ctrl" key + Cursor keys to move the position of the camera.
    You can also modify the clip planes for some cams (you can see the background image disappearing in some views).

Download is done. Let's have some fun now! :)

20. Timallen

Timallen Registered

Its great , thanks a lot for your work :)