castle combe wip

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Banger, May 11, 2013.

1. Banger

Banger Registered

castle combe wip. yesi know i got three tracks on the go...:), the other two will hopefully be done via 3ds max

Request:
    But if anyone got any video footage, of buildings,please pm me here. thankyou

WEB: http://motorsimulators.webs.com/

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  2. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

If you want some elevation data use rF1 track that was converted from TRD3. Codemasters actually got elevations pretty good but they just used a set track width making some too wide in places and moved the barriers far from track edges.

3. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Spent many happy days watching some great racing at that track . Nice to see it coming to rF2

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

wow, great news!

i loved Castle combe in GPL :)

5. Banger

Banger Registered

@SAM MOSS: it ok, i looking at SASplanet and 3droute builder for elevations data, no worries there .eek some look hairy:)

THE PITLANE: STILL LOOKS ROUGH ATM, : ) post #1 now has a map of corner names. to aid anyone with any issues,

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  6. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Did this project gather any momentum?

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is one of many other wip tracks where the modder in question comes here and opens his wip thread with some nice wip screens and with a lot of promises then..... Nothing!
    I can count you at least 100 wip track liks this.

Sent from my I213 using Tapatalk

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Which of course is his prerogative. The modder can do as he pleases. :)

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Do you feel like you are owed something? Did you lose money on this? Why on Earth do you find the need to complain and moan about free content that is given no guarantee about release?

If you feel so strongly about this subject, why don't you go and pick up some modelling software and have a crack at building what you want to see? You would have the exact track you want, you could do what you want to it.

You see to have all the motivation and drive, I see it in all your posts, you just aim it at the wrong things in this forum...

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hahaha this is why rf2 modding is going bad..... Tell me the last scratch made track of rf2?
    It is about 2 years ago...... And
    "You see to have all the motivation and drive, I see it in all your posts, you just aim it at the wrong ،hings in this forum..." This is simply false.... Lol

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?
    So the modder can open any WIP thread then he can simply disappear without telling us any thing?
    When a modder open this WIP thread and creat a false prospectivs a and he decides for some reason to not continuing the develop of his own project, yes he has the right to do it, but at least he should say it, so we can stop to wait and the more important thing if another modder wants to make the same track, then he can start his own project.
    Look at this thread, he simply disappeared 2 years ago. Maybe he has his personal issues, I can understand it, but damn come here and tell us that you stopped working in it.
    It isn't about this one., please go back in this tracks section and you can find that 80% of the WIP threads makes the end as this one.
    Are you happy about this?! Ok, but I have the right to say what I think about it and I didn't offend any one, I just express my opinion.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I'm with Wajdi on this...... way too many half finished/unreleased mods and tracks, if the modder has moved on at least let us know so maybe another talent can work on it, as the wip threads are like a stamp on the circuit and other modders might not decide to pick it up.

13. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Again, as others told you : he doesn't owe anyone here anything. And especially, he doesn't owe you - lead whiner in here - anything.
    If rF2 modding is going bad, don't you want to be anyone's saviour ?
    Furthermore, you're allowed to keep your opinion to yourself, you don't need to comment on anything, especially if you're going to be an a$$.

It's people like you that kill modder's motivation to do / release something.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as before you can always learn to mod yourself, love to see your tracks....

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

go on then...I'm waiting...off you go...name them

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Banger likes this.
  16. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's not a matter of whether we are happy with this, is a matter of realising that these people are not beholden to us in any way at all. If you spend your time worrying about whether all these various mods will be finished, that is your issue, not the modders.

I would love to see Castle Combe represented in rF2. I can see though that this particular account hasn't been touched in a long time, use my rational thought to realise the track probably won't see the light of day from this person, and then move on. Nothing that can be said here will change that, I really hope you realise that. And it will be the same and continue. People do this as their hobbies, on top of their jobs and their families and their lives. And then they come and see posts like yours, complaining. That kind of thing would really motivate me to put hours of my life into a free release for the people here. /sarcasm

Now if URD suddenly disappeared and we were all left in limbo, you would start to have some reason for a serious complaint. You have paid money and we all probably have a bit of a gentlemans agreement going in regards to "finishing" the mod. You'd expect it to be left in a decent state of running.

You absolutely have the right to say what you like here as we all do, but I just cannot for the life of me see this kicking someones a into g. Look at the Zolder thread, really great stuff there for Wgueze eh. Just what you want to lift your spirits and inspiration, right?
    In some ways (if you squint) and depending on the modder, it could be argued that you are hindering development. Remember Pleclair? All people were doing was sharing their opinions on his work (some rather aggressively), and it resulted in his leaving the project. These aren't partially faceless corporations like when people slag off a company or dev team as a whole...and even though it's the internet on a forum, where people seem to lose all manners and control they may have had, there is a human behind that modders screen name.

Banger likes this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Unfortunately Wajdis attitude is not nice (actually it's blatantly crap), sure it's annoying when someone starts a thread like this and things fall away and nothing's ever released. But open your mind, you say "..at least let us know so maybe another talent can work on it..." it's simply never as easy as that, Real Life gets in the way, for all we know the OP could've died.....how's he supposed to "let us know" then?! Of course that's a long shot, but even waking up the next day to find your girlfriend pregnant can change your life, why should anyone care about a poxy track on a game when they've got a massive life changing event right in front of them?

The world...as amazing as this may sound...does NOT revolve around RF2, if YOU are upset that a track has never been made then YOU make it....simple as that eh?!

18. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Maybe Mr wajdi should better learn how to encourage modders so that they keep working on their tracks if he really wants to avoid so many abandoned projects.

When a modder makes a WIP thread is because he is motivated by the project. He shares it, very probably expecting to receive feedback that encourages him to maintain the required motivation.

Making good tracks for rF2 is not easy. It requires a lot of time and technical knowledge of several areas. Recreating a real track is even harder since it requires many real data which is not easy to collect at all.

In Euskotracks we started Ociokart 2 years ago. This is our only real track among many fantasy ones. There is a version available in this forum if you want to check. The project is stopped until we get some accurate data about the elevation changes for the track. We could easily improve actual graphical quality and make it a very nice track. However it would require about 1 month work which would need to be partially redone if later were to be adjusted to real elevation. This is just an example of why a project might be idle for a while.

There could be many reasons for projects to stop. For sure it would be nice that modders could feedback when temporarily or definetely abandoning a project. However I would expect to be proportional to the perceived interest after posting the WIP thread.

So if you really want to motivate modders stop bitching at them and politely ask about those projects that you really are interested on. Otherwise you will get a bad reputation among modders which will probably won't even care answering to any of your claims.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Really good points.

Personally I am dissatisfied with the AIWs on many third party tracks. Do I whine about it? No. Instead I've now put my mind to learning how to do AIWs myself. Also many trackside cameras are bothering me. Do I whine about it? No. I've instead learned how to make nice cameras in dev mode.

So instead of being discontent and whine about every little thing that bothers me, I'm educating myself. Maybe when I'm good enough I will one day be able to contribute something to the community that has given me so much.

Whining would never cross my mind. If you want something to change, look at yourself first rather than lashing out.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Pretty simple for me, if wip post is 6 or 7 months or older, I accept that it is abandoned and move on