What the .... happen's with KI???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theoldguy24765, Apr 25, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Tonight I tried to make a race vs AI........O my!!
    I restarted the race 20 times? 30 times? maybe more!
    Its not slow only, it;s simply stupid!

2. hdj

hdj Registered

Ok, so repeated the 60's F1 at Monaco with:

Auto Line Smooth="3"
    AI Limiter="0.00000"
    AI Mistakes="0.02000"

and only 50% of the field retired by full distance (30 mins) but they now do the sudden slowing down on the start/finish straight and ramming from behind at the gasworks and station hairpins. Will try the AI Brake_Power Usage="1.00000"
    AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.98000" changes tomorrow.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

if all you guys could come and race online...

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Some times I can't! lately I have no time to race online, so offline is the way for now!

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Some of us do. Some of us don't. Doesn't change the importance of offline whatsoever...

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Respect.
    Just saying...
    (if you can and you dont, you are missing tons of fun imho.)

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

50% retired by full distance is too much... Are they retiring by accident or because mechanical failures?

When you have a problematic spot on the track where Ai cars are crashing mostly is because bad AIW file. Maybe it would be good if ISI confirm the tracks AIW file is in state of art.

Since the accidents are happening in hairpins, maybe AI cars are not steering enough.

In PLR:

AI Min Radius="20.00000"

This is the minimum angle which the game engine starts to compute physics. If you set a lower number (i.e. 10 or 5) maybe the AI cars improve their cornering in very tight turns. It's a try... possibly you can get rid of accidents there by tweaking this number and the brakes parameters too...

Nikos, your solution is ideal to escape from AI issues, but sometimes we're a bit more introspective lol... I like to racing online when I trained sufficiently... worst thing is to screw the racing online because you not mastered the driving line and keeps blocking the other drivers.

8. hdj

hdj Registered

Accidents and Engine failures 50/50.

They get round the hairpins ok, it's the driving into the back of the car in front that is the main issue. They don't just do this to me but each other as well. If 2 or more are close together the first car to arrive will break really early, the others will try to get round but the first will then accelerate again and try to defend by chopping the others off. Result; accident.

I'll try and alter the mech failures in game but I think this only applies to my car.

Haven't seen anything in the .PLR file to edit concerning AI failures.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Have you tried to swap between "Time Scaled" x "Normal" failures rate in game options? I would to check the differences in average.

Mech failures are basically track and car dependent. There's no instances in PLR file. What if try another mod in the same track and see if the failures would remain at same level?

As said in this same thread there's a parameter in GDB file which is attrition. It's more or less how much demanding the track is concerning to mechanical failures.

Attrition = 30

You might try to change this value to zero and fine tuning afterwards, but it will produce mismatches and you have to use MAS2 utility to unpack the mod. It works in rF1, it's quite probable it works in rF2 too.

10. hdj

hdj Registered

Sorry Satangoss but can't find this line in .PLR file:

AI to AI Collision Rate="40"