Most realistic settings for Corvette

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mauserrifle, Apr 15, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Why would you heal&toe when not clutching in the first place, what is wrong with left foot braking?

2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I don't have problems with G27 pedals. But I understand such setup might make it easier.

Nothing wrong. Have to get used to it because my left foot is too much used to using the clutch.

Anyway all these responses make it more clear for me :) If I want to deal with the driving style of each car as in real life, I'll have to learn left foot breaking too for easy throttle :)

3. -Jesse-

-Jesse- Registered

I've been waiting for this one too!!!! Can't understand why it isn't included...

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Priorities :)

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Maybe someone who knows how to drive all these cars could start a topic with all this info in it for each car :) That would be handy!

6. Duvel

Duvel Registered

what i want to know is, if one wants properly realistic settings for each car, do we have to keep editing the plr over and over on car changes? can rf2 not handle these things in game? Can there not be an extra tab in the garage where we are advised of the real life setup for blip, gears (H, paddles, Seq), the most common real life braking technique used, options to set it up to work properly with certain assists, too. It should all be advised and selectable in this tab.

For me, this extra tab/page in the garage should exist.

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I have said this before, I don't get why there is even the possibility to drive these cars any way else than the way they are meant to. If this wasn't possible, we would have never have a need for these extra options. All of the stuff like throttle cut or auto blip, which I hardly even know what it all is, should be handled in the vehicle model, and not to be tinkered with, especially not to make things easier or anything...

8. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

9. liebestod

liebestod Registered

"Throttle cut" and "auto blip" are pretty self-explanatory labels.

I agree with you, by the way. I just want to be unpleasant for no reason (that's my job). You do have to consider hardware limitations, of course... I think the most reasonable assumption is that people have wheels without H-shifters and clutch pedals.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There are a number of settings that are designed to make it easier for the keyboard or gamepad driver to be able to make it around the track in a reasonable fashion. If you remove these items, then you will have a lot of folks that will ask for them back. For best compatibility I believe ISI has decided to help those out that don't use a wheel.

11. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I think those people should be punished for the Great Sin of Wheel-less Simming and should only be allowed to drive the Skip Barber Regional rev-limited to 2500 RPM.

12. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I wonder how many actually...

But obviously, yes, there are options there. What I don't get is why they are seperate and hidden in a plr file, and my question now is, are they off by default? If not, should they be? Or is this car dependent? Next thing, if a newly released car has onboard traction control or abs for example, how would they implement that? I would like to see those as a setup option in the garage, promoted to in-car control as well, but all in all it can be confusing a bit for the people who use some aids, judging from some replies. Best compatibility is one thing, but those user shouldn't be confused more than neccesary I think. Especially for those who have little time to enjoy rF2, they shouldn't be messing around with stuff to have a go at it. It might be just me who doesn't understand it all too well simply because it doesn't apply to me, but it never hurts to improve usability if there is the possibility.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11894-Incorrect-gearboxes

'Simming' without a wheel isn't simming in my book in the first place :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

couldn't agree more. If a car has traction control or some other assist, i want to know how they have implemented in the sim, if at all. Currently i have abolutely no idea how ISI manage these things, but i do know Enduracers recommended traction control be left in the hands of the user and not turned off at server level, then we were meant to pick one of the three levels as and when required.

This to me is essential, but not using the current system. rf2 should have a "car specific" control setup area which would list all assists for this specific car that are allowed in race series, then you can assign those and use them in game as you would in real life. Apparently this is something iracing does really well. but rf2 has nothing, or at the very least, it#s not explained at all. So once again, can someone at ISI engage on this subject and discuss how things going forward could work?

An complicated example is a road BMW M5 - it has a lot of complicated systems, and modders should have the ability to implement these. So if you go into sport mode, you actually do get a faster gear change, firmer shocks, etc, and less TC.

It needs to be clear, easy to understand and as i already said, have completely dedicated, concise pages for these things. But let's face it, ISI are terrible at these types of things and should hire a usability designer to revamp their entire interface in game. I'd do it for free personally. I'd also like to see a fazerbox style on track interface. I am fed up for a 2013 sim to have the lap time box bottom right where my wheel gets in the way, i wish to move it, change its size, and so on.

I am not actually a fan of Asetto Corsa so far, but the interface when driving was exactly how it should be done. I hope ISI update theirs to 2013 standards, as currently its exactly the same as rf1.

14. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Exactly, since this is a simulator oriented racegame why not simulate these fundamental aspects of driving a specific car? I cant imagine it would be too hard/timeconsuming to implement? As long these things isnt implemented we will never be as close as possible to racing the same cars they do IRL wich have this tech.
    And I really doubt anyone buying this game, doesnt even own a wheel!? And if you have a wheel but no clutch, how hard is it to map a button for it on the wheel (which is sadly for now only to be used at racestart if you dont mess up)

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There are quite a number of racing transmissions that don't require a clutch once the car is rolling. These transmissions are sometimes called dog boxes. It takes just a little work to get the shifting down right, but it does work well.