[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. flitzi

flitzi Registered

LowRider, I'm sure you would be surprised how different the balance of a race car is compared to the street 911 GT3. I'm sure you would still get it around without spinning (as you can with any of the ISI GT cars if you really want), but if you would come close to the limit you would notice that it's sometimes the rear that gives up, not always the front as in the street car. Oh, and what tires did you use?

Btw. I too would like to have better adjust-ability for the assists, if dialed in correctly they should be an advantage lap time wise and also help a lot with spinning out under throttle on a green track.

FONismo, you say you don't like the GTR and the Camaro. What about the C6R and the 370Z? I think those two cars are a very good reference how GT cars should handle. If the track is rubbered in a bit they handle like a charm, and if you aren't brainless with brake and throttle very easy to drive even over the limit. Or are they also too difficult(loose) for your taste?

I haven't driven the EnduranceRacingX cars, but I have driven the DTM demo car, and I also have the problem with the rear end not feeling right, far too tight. And usually if I try to get a more neutral balance out of such an understeery car it gets a beast, very unpredictable.
    If there is a demand for such an understeery behavior, ok, fine with me, but I stick with the ISI cars, I think they know best what and how to do with their physics engine.
    For me the default setup of the 370Z is the best starting point for car balance in any racing sim up to date, if I were to make a modern tin top car for rF2 I would take a good look at those numbers.

Cheers.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

370Z doesnt fit into those classes and even the C6R doesnt. The car is 2009 so 4 years old. Since that time alot has changed to. Overall the car should be more stable in 2013 and even the tires changed and we do use ISI tires that are 2012 or even 2013 specs and all that should make actually make alot.

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Otto Reiche, that was my granduncle.

4. flitzi

flitzi Registered

well, I'm talking about car balance obviously, a good car balance isn't getting old. If you think 2013 cars are tighter, well, your mod, your balance...

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

The grip limit of all URD cars is very high. The bandwith between grip and lost grip is very small. The cars feel very stiff. The best feeling I had with the darche.
    I've no clue about how this car's feel in real on track.
    But I think the direction of the physics development is not so wrong.
    In my opinion for example something is wrong with the weight transfer.
    The darche spin very easy during hard braking or in high speed turns like croft had it if you know what I mean ;)
    A little more feedback before I lost the rear of the car would be nice.
    In my opinion the planted feeling is more realistic for cars of this kind.
    I think it can not be right that a high tech endurance car feels like a soft "coach"
    Some input of people with real race experience or technical data about this cars would be a good thing at this point.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Alot is changing in 4 years, even slight rules can make effect on that. When a car starts as new one is beeing developed for years to continue beeing on top, if not they fail and there can even be small changes making big effects. One thing that changed since 2009 till not is the rear wing beeing higher than before, adding flaps, relocating weight balance and new tires. All that can make a car beeing drivable completly new, just becase a car is keeping its 98% of there shape in all those years it doesnt mean the driving doesnt change, it has to, to be competitive.
    Im sure that any driver driving c6r 2009 and than 2013 would say that the car is like reborn.

7. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Yay for your new Corvette! It's still the car I'm most looking forward to for some reason, even after seeing how awesome the AM looks :D Also, remember the Ferrari, you know you want to ;) Is it still the plan to switch to the prototypes after the Venom, or are you going to finish the GTEs first?

8. UnitedRacingDesign

Same here, car should be great and i we cant make it wrong as we did one for client some years back.
    And yes, prototype cars are next BUT later on probably another EGT pack will come, atleast 2 cars on the list to be done later but for one we have to wait for more reference.

9. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I really don't believe this cars have massive under-steering like they have actually!!! Massive under-steering = undrivable!!! The same way i don't believe in ISI over-steer GT cars...... So i think you should find the balance in between!! The models Are great and sounds to, For me, physics at this stage are the big issue!! Was expecting something more polished. The T5 mod had nice development on physics and they are just fine as they are at the moment, really enjoy to drive them!!!

I hope next you will address more time on under-steer issues, keep up!!

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes i only mentioned the Camaro and GTR as someone said that the URD cars should be more like them. 370z i like alot, always have and IMO is one of rF2's best cars, can actually feel tyres and grip and has a good feeling of weight, it feels like a car, it just is horrible to be in visually in terms of cockpit. Vette i have not driven for a while but i hated it in the slow stuff before.

370Z though feels like a modern sim car. Camaro and GTR both feel like rF1 cars and come from 2006.

And yes not having simulated properly assists in sims for me is quite backwards, it's these sort of things that make a proper sim for me.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I agree with you mate! no way you can drive the C6 or the Camaro ir the GTR in that way with ISI cars! I'm totally convinced the all the modern GT cars in rf2 appart the Clio/Megane and the 370z are wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

The understeery stuff is horrible, its as if its been put there to counter the ott grip i feel, and as some one mentioned on the server, it cant be dialed out of the Bayro atm. :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

I completely agree Nismo... if a car has certain driver aids or a lot of mechanical grip etc then for it to be represented properly in a driving sim it has to have these features implemented or it`s not being done as it should be imo.

We don`t want 60`s F1 cars to have TC or computer aids of any kind as the real cars of that era didn`t have them, but it goes the other way too. If a modern GT car (or whatever) has certain drivers aids etc then they should be implemented in a driving sim. :)

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I dont want the cars to drive like Camaro or gtr, i want the cars to drive like their real life counterparts. The only comparing the other ISI cars in context of the physics world/software they are in, and it dont add up as of now for me. I posted a vid a few pages back where im pulling 4 Gs in the Bayro, a 1245kg car.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9o6aBikzMg 3 Gs are normal and im sure there are some corners around that can take up to 4 Gs but that is not posibile with 1.2 as it was before or? ;) That are 2m wide cars with really wide tires, big wings, must stick nicely to the road at corners.

16. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

As long as it's less wrong than the ISI version :D

Not sure what other cars apart from the corvette and the 458 would be missing from the set? Unless you're taking about the 997 RSR Porsches (which would be quite good to build big grids or for Pro-Am cars)? Or the C7? Tell us! Also, do you plan to do the Lotus LMP2? I love watching these mods progress almost as much as I like finally getting my hands on them :D

17. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, 2014 model will be added ;)
    I think we wont do the Lotus LMP2, with cars planned yet to be done from prototype we will be busy for a while and at that time 2014 cars will start to show up plus there is a plan to add JT5(japanese touring 500hp) cars to give T5 cars some competition.

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Nail on the head mate exactly. Classics are great in rF2, just seems to be weirdness to some of the modern cars.

Look at this video below, gunning it in wet and look at the work he is doing at wheel on corner exit. It looks like a Dry lap in rF2 in the camaro for example. RIP sean again btw, been using his stuff as a tribute really. Too many are scared of grip in sims and think it's aracde when really it's quite the opposite. Not like for like i know in terms of comparison but still. URD cars have the same issue in the slow stuff aswell, just to a lessor extent. But still video show large amounts of grip even in wet conditions

I'm really hyped for Cobra and Bentley, these are the two that i want to feel the physics most of.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

For comparison to that wet modern GT lap above. A wet classic GT lap below. A car we all expect to be a handful and is. Howston feels really good in rF2 but rF2's modern GT's feel like old cars. I don't expect to be driving a modern GT car in sim constantly with my arms crossed

20. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

It seems to me that there is such a machine settings and smooth driving. That's actually looks like driving a Porsche 997 GT3