Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Had some time for testing and I have to say I really like the update on Malaysia.
    What I have seen so far.
    -enhanced specular reflection on road surface, grass, etc..
    -shadow distance has improved (maybe some performance drops but looks great in external cams)
    -real road looks much better now
    -I like the new desaturated textures (especially grass). Nice colours.

Version 1.2
    [​IMG]

Version 1.42
    [​IMG]

Both shots were taken at around 8am. I used a custom hdr profile for the pics.

Download: View attachment MALAYSIAV1.zip

2. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

.......this is something we will never see ;)

@vis,

did u reinstall the 4 rfmods?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the updates ISI, bit of a mess getting it sorted, personally could've waited for all the older content to be updated and released en-mass but understand that you maybe just wanted to start rolling it out bit by bit. Eventually it'll get there just a shame its the way it is right now.

Also the "Content (cars, tracks, etc):" section on the website needs some housekeeping, if you dont scroll down you'd never know there was updates available so end up with v1.0 of the Clio especially if you read the line "YOU DO NOT NEED THE FILES BELOW IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILES ABOVE" - might wanna sort that out!

4. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

So much server are still with the old Malaysia 1.2v. :(

5. Capeta

Capeta Registered

6. ifrans

ifrans Registered

@tosch thanks for making a hdr profile

7. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

That should not matter because HDR doesn't work in external Cams.

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Oh, I'm pretty sure it works for external cams too. :confused:

9. Vis

Vis Registered

No, just installed the 2 new mods over existing via mod manager, then manually deleted old folders

10. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Not for me, i have check again and it doesn't work on the external cams.
    First one (GRAB_006) was without, second (GRAB_007) with HDR. It just work in cocktit view.
    View attachment 6978 View attachment 6977

Edit1: You can easily check it when you pause the game and jump from cockpit to any outside cam and back again. Every external Cam is much darker because it have no HDR.

Edit2: Bud that doesn't change the fact that the new Malaysia looks much better. Not perfect or incredible, but much better. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:D lol

12. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Both shots have hdr enabled. What you see when changing from cockpit to outside cam is "auto exposure". It is an algorithm that tries to keep the brightness of what you see balanced.

14. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Don't uninstall any rfmod except Clio v1.0* and any virtual rfmod that used old versions of the Malaysia circuits. Uninstalling other ISI rfmods that included Malaysia and re-installing them accomplishes nothing but re-installing old versions of the track and making v1.42 Full and North Loop circuits unavailable in the Tracks selector. True, when using these rfmods, any version of the track is consequently unavailable in the Tracks selector but that only means that you have to use All Cars and Tracks to race single player on the new Malaysia circuits and for on-line racing, a server admin will have to create a virtual rfmod using the appropriate components so participants can race together.
    * When uninstalling ClioCup v1.0, you may wish to backup the Mills Metro v1.3 folder and replace it after the uninstall if it goes missing. I had no issue but an earlier poster seems to have lost it. While you at it, delete 1.0 and 1.2 folders of Mills and folder 1.0 of Palm Beach as well.

Now when you run the Mod Manager, and select Mods, you will see the affected Mods in red with a notation indicating the mod is damaged and that specified components (old version of Mills Metro, Malaysia and Palm Beach) are missing. Ignore.

If you really feel you need to preserve old versions for racing on un-updated servers, don't delete the folders, just move them to a convenient storage folder and drop them back in the original locations track folder when you need them.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No problems here! unistalled all vomode with Malysia and Clio and deleted Malaysia and Clio from installed folder, then installed manualy the new version!

16. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Believe me Tosch, first one was without, second with HDR.

Edit: I have to apologize, you are right. Sorry.
    This one is without HDR:
    View attachment 6979

cheers Marcus

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  17. boblug

boblug Registered

other mods not available

Got clio and Malaysia installed but now when try to load GT endurance mod it does not appear in the mod manager.
    How to get the GT cars back, cant we just have them as a single install.
    I must say this is a very odd convoluted installation process.

18. bassweight

bassweight Registered

I updated via Mod Manager then manually deleted old Clio files - was the only way I could seem to get the new Clios' to display when joining games. I am sure if I understood a bit more about the way rfmod and rfcmp files work the install process would have been easier for me, but, it did take me 20-25 minutes to figure the Clio thing out :( I feel stupid.

19. elbo

elbo Registered

The installation system is stupid, not you.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

The installation of Sepang is indeed a mess, as you cannot get both versions to run simultaneously. I would have thought something like this gets caught early in testing before public. Now I will just do like most people here and uninstall all rfmods and use only components from now on. Sadly that means no online racing until every component/server gets updated, but it is the way it is...

Regarding Sepang, I very much like the changes. Just shows how much impact the lighting has on the overall graphics quality. Even with most textures etc. being the same as before, it feels much like a new track. Shows the potential of the rF2 graphic engine once it has been tweaked as it should.