Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Best thing to do imo is try Tim`s advice and if that doesn`t work for you, try other advice such as John`s...

If all else fails, install one of the vmods. :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Indeed. :)

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Thanks TJ, but the two quotes one refer to Malasya and other refer to Clios, anyway, i try all combinations.

Also i think maybe, that once ISI have all components individualized, just then make the transition to old mods/new mods.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

It does seem to have it`s problems just now but I guess we are here to find/come across these kind of bugs and problems and it is still new for ISI too I suppose.

Hope you get it sorted up pay. :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

and then AFTER those posts Tim replied with:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-updated-on-fb?p=157151&viewfull=1#post157151

its a mess and a headache for the non-savvy user, rushed out at Easter for some reason, better to of waited until all older content was updated and released everything at once or listed specific instructions from the very start when doing it like this. Again ISI never fail to amaze me, they get most things right but there are things like this that they simply dont!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Beta (Marc!!) ended in December, it's upto ISI to see most issues from now on as they are releasing to a paying public, especially something as messy as this recent component release, if they cant see the hassle this has caused to a lot of people (see those that dont read these forums and would'nt have a clue) then they seriously need a wake up call, too many times now they're messing up what should be simple details.

I'd be worried that this current mess is turning people away from RF2, again those that dont know how to install it all correctly unlike you & me, we live in a Console era and software houses have to explain the simplest tasks sometimes (unfortunatley), again a simple set of instructions to get everything working would've avoided a lot of confusion from the initial release.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree that the "finding bugs and problems" should be getting less and less but then ISI are trying out different/new things that will maybe cause problems, certainly for some.

I also agree that the update for Malaysia and the Clio`s was/is a little messy and would certainly be :confused: for the new user and maybe some more time spent on it along with some install instructions etc would certainly have helped.

I just feel a little bit for ISI tbh... we`re always hammering on about how long things take and when are we going to get new toys to play with and when new stuff/updates are released to us all we do is moan lol...

Anyway, I know things could have been done a bit better for sure but we`ll have to hope it`ll be a learning process for ISI too.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm actually fairly happy with the progress to a degree, that area does'nt bother me as much as other areas which could be and should be much better.
    I hope they're learning too, but they have to acknowledge that they've messed up big time in some areas...if not to us then to themselves at least!

9. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Never had such problems before installing components, this is just silly. I understand that ISI is switching to components, which is the right way of course, but i don't understand why it's not possible to use an update rather then a new version.

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This is a complete mess and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do exactly to install these new components. How the hell is a new user supposed to fathom this convoluted mess?

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Agree, ISI can make an unbelievable sim, physics, the real road, oh Lord!, but cant make a friendly user installation!

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Hmmm. After a few reinstalls I now have Malaysia 1.2 for Full and North and 1.42 for South Loop. Is that correct or should I be seeing all three layouts for both versions?

13. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Just made some tests with this combo, on very wet surface (storm weather), and the wet tyres don't last more than 4-5 laps (tyre wear set to normal). Front tyres reach temp about 150ยบ. Looks likes tyres are spinning at rough hot surface to reach such temps.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

We all should be seeing 2 layouts in 1.2 and 3 layouts in 1.42, but there is a bug in menu, so we only see 2+1 layouts.

All those advices about uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. - just ignore them. You have everything correctly installed, but it's not showing in menu due to bug in build 156. It's fixed in later builds that we don't have yet.

We're in the middle of transition to having all cars and tracks as separate components. Wait until it's over and new build is released as well. Then everything should be ok again.

So don't try to fix it - just wait until ISI releases everything that's needed.

IN my opinion ISI has made a serious mistake of making "partial release". Perhaps they wanted to give us some holiday gift, but instead they caused confusion and made a lot of people waste their time trying to solve problems.
    They should have waited untile they got it all ready and then make one big release.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Best advice I`ve heard yet and exactly what I plan to do. :)

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Try to look at the positive side of the issue.

The transition time we are having atm (between the old mod and the new components) can give some annoyance to the users, but it is a chance to take confidence with the VMod system (no issue at all having old mods and new components together when you use VMods).

Building a VMod is matter of 1 min or less (if you dont care of the art, ie icons etc) and it can be a confortable system for offline play because having a VMod you are no forced to filter every time the cars you want to race, as happens instead using All Tracks&Cars.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Max...

You have a beautiful voice...

:p

18. Miro

Miro Registered

A smart dude told me yesterday ISI should release the next build as full installer and no update.

In addition to that also release all the mods as components, doesn't matter if they are updated or not. No confusion anymore and all the components could be updated without problems one after the other.
    Also every user would be forced to reinstall the new build and everybody would have just components installed.

I hope they read that and all the confusion and trouble in terms of mod system, mods, updates, and also online gaming is just gone.

But hey, what do I know. :p

19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

20. tjc

tjc Registered

On a serious note though, it`s an informative post and video so thanks for posting.

A question too...

How do I adjust the size of the window in windowed mode as in the video?

:)