In the end, you'll all come crawling back...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

He can actually buy what he wants to, and is free to give criticism to all of them. His attitude was excellent, and that's the kind of feedback which really hits home and attracts the most attention. Extremist reactions are not as easy to understand, he wasn't extreme.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

<-- IMAX theater, 3D glasses and popcorn.

3. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I'm very surprised by the framerates you are getting - I checked your system specs and it is very powerful, more than enough to run rFactor 2 close to max with good performance. Hopefully it will be better optimised for ATI cards in the future.

Also, you should definitely give RRE a try - it's free to run the basic track and car, and if you sign up in the first two weeks of Open Beta you get the 'Get Real' package for free (in reality this is mainly to let you drive without aids etc).

4. 88mphTim

And then I read your post, which is the perfect example of someone asking to be ignored. Again: It's not what you post, what you criticize, it's HOW you do it. You most often seem to come across as someone I'm not willing to spend time listening to. Or answering.

If you continue to use this kind of language, and spout untrue information, you will get banned. Yes.

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

I can only say that rfactor2 feels incomplete to me. Take e.g. the new Corvette GT2:
    - the rims look awful, flat, almost an insult towards the original BBS GT racing rims. modding teams like wsgt or enduracers did a much better job there.
    - shadows on the car have a ugly saw-tooth edge
    - colors look dull, the car appears to be painted matt orange instead of the original metallic yellow
    - when watching replay via tv-cam parts of the car will (dis)appear. seeing this in rfactor I would open up the gen-file and tweak the LOD-settings...
    This are only minor issues, but you'll find them with almost all content. These problems have been reported in the forums over and over, but there is nearly no bugfixing happening.

6. 88mphTim

Don't use language like that again. Luis is (whether he understands it or not) on his final warning. Then he is gone for good.

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  8. 88mphTim

Your post is very specific, so:
    - We have no licensing for those real life rims, or the rubber surrounding them. :)
    - Still working on those, but possible changes coming for you on that.
    - Hm, I can't say I have seen that. Perhaps it's due to you using an older build, but for me I can't say I agree?
    - Known issue, not related to LOD. You're talking about helmet of driver, windows, etc, right?

9. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Registered

I dont think the hype for AC is unjustified, nkpro is the benchmark for handling imo, but it failed on poor initial netcode and a closed game. As we all know AC has addressed the latter and am 100% the netcode will be spot on. Whats impressed me the most upto now is the lap that Kronke got to do in the formula abarth at a promo event, the guy is a top racer and on his very first lap he was able to muscle the car around based on pure feedback feel in what looks a decent time....like nk the sim is looking natural and intuitive. Try doing this with the masters here or the williams in iracing and am sure the vid would not be youtube worthy. regarding RR3 too many compare it to race07 which cost me £7 for everything inc the gtr evo pacage.....the equivlent in RR£ is £125....without some sort of organised racing "iracing style" its looking a simraceway clone being a hotlapper sim with quick race public wreck fests....think i will pass on that. sadly i am invested in iracing which i hate, i need rfactor2 to to succeed as that is our preferred league sim but with AC on the horizon its gonna have to raise the bar to compete

10. moev

moev Registered

As usual excellent post ForthRight. Cheers!!

11. 10speed

10speed Registered

I pity that but it's ok

I am using a full install (no update) of the current build. Here is a short video so you can see (watch the fog lights):

12. 88mphTim

I think that might be the same issue, thanks. Some kind of material sorting issue I read about.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I think this is LOD3-LOD2-LOD1 changes. Sometimes on some cars its bit more visible. Some tracks load the cars bit diferent to others to not lose to much fps, especially more detailed ones.

14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Well, i didn't ask for your attention either. But this time i really like to know where is the untrue information i've spoted?
    I don't mind in get banned for my language because it only show things are done in here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10120-Why-are-the-tracks-so-bumpy
    Or here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10125-Chevy-Corvette-C6-R-GT2-Released/page9
    Its not a language issue or manners. Its about who is saying and wich side he was.

15. Axly

Axly Registered

Calling a policy change a "scam" and comparing peoples' opinions with bovine feces is bordeline libel and quite offensive. Combined with a nasty habit of always keeping that tone in posts i'd say a ban is to be expected.

The original post however is brilliant, thank you for that post, and restoring my faith in humanity a bit FortRight.

16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

If that is how you choose to justify our reaction to your post that is up to you, but it is not true it is who is posting, it is what you post. It is perfectly normal to be banned from forums for offensive language, insults and bad attitude. All of which you indulge in.

17. 88mphTim

His reaction didn't show a capacity to learn. No need to reply to him anymore.

18. corsa

corsa Registered

Excellent post FortRight. I have so many sims loaded up on my rig right now (several installs of rF1, GTR2 w/ Power&Glory 3, rF2, pCARS, RRRE closed and open betas, etc.) but rF2 is the one I keep coming back to and driving over and over and over.

Interestingly, I don't have the best graphics card (ATI HD5770) and I think the CPU is the weak point of my system, but RRRE and rF2 look the best on my rig. I can't get pCARS to look anything CLOSE to what I see in screenshots without it turning into a slideshow. I've tried scouring their forums for tips, lowered settings all over the place, and still get horrible performance and it doesn't look that great. The worse part is the shadows, for some reason they just look so un-natural that it is distracting.

RRRE has great frame rates and looks good (including great reflections) at whatever the "automatic" settings are that it sets for my computer, and rF2 runs great and looks good with the exception of reflections -- I have to turn off both environment and road reflections to get good frame rates, and that knocks the visuals down just a notch for me.

I suspect if I had a more powerful CPU and better graphics card, my rF2 would look just slightly better with the ability to have reflections, but I would expect pCARS to take a giant leap forward in visuals.

However, that won't help the driving experience, and there rF2 can't be touched. After just a few laps in pCARS, I can't take it anymore and shut it down, and fire up rF2 and drive and drive and drive......

19. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

That's pretty much my experience too.

When I download a new build of pCARS I always want to enjoy it - I want it to feel realistic and fun to drive, but after a few laps I just end up shutting it down again. There's still time though - it might not ever reach the level of rFactor 2 in terms of driving experience, but if they keep improving it it could still become a fun game to play and throw the cars around. Maybe it will finally give us a Forza or GT5 style game for the PC.

20. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I agree with this. I spent an hour or so on lime rock with Corvettes, GTR's, Meganes, and 370z's, in a replay. I set the camera after turn 1 and 2 (pretty good camera right there if you leave it on free mode). I watched the cars for quite a while as I was eating at the same time (taking a break). I watched as the cars' LOD's changed dramatically between T1 and T2. First when they exited T1, again slightly (barely noticable) mid way between corners, then finally full details at the very entrance of T2.
    However it was different when only one car was passing through on screen. That car specifically was fully detailed all the way through. There were a couple times where a bunch of cars would pass through, and one car had full detail while the rest weren't. All settings max except shadows on High without shadow blur, and Auto detail FPS off.
    Babbling a bit too much on another topic, I'm done haha.:D

Very good read Fortright, very realistic. We need more people like you to continue speaking, it definitely sets a good example for newcomers, and, dare I say, nay sayers with less respect.