Why do you play rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Razorsedge

Razorsedge Registered

Hi all, my first post!

I did it, I took the plunge and bought build 134. I was hesitant, because my rig is pretty modest, grabbed the Formula Renault Mod to start with something mellow.

After just a few days of driving, even at this early stage, R-Factor is king of the mountain! I've been on hiatus for a good 6 months from driving a sim, I am from the Geoff Crammond GP4 school and enjoyed r-factor 1 literally to death! I don't know what it is exactly, but the R-factor style just seems natural.

Well done ISI, and community, please keep up the great work everyone.

....The wine made me post.

2. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I play because it is enjoyable and exciting. I drive a notoriously underpowered car in real life.

Ah that brings back memories, I used to play Indianapolis 500 on my uncle's computer. I spent most of the time trying to cause spectacular crashes.

I don't play online because I don't think I am skilled enough yet.

3. Matador

Matador Registered

I,ve been Sim racing since 98 GPL and have been there and done that I have had rF2 from the earliest release and even though only BETA it is a dissapointment. rF2 made a big mistake when they released the original video, however they produced that I dont know but it amounted to false advertising, even as of today we dont have anything like the video for all of you that think this is great try iracing or even an updated GPL and the one that blows rF2 out of the door is GSC2012. I will keep hoping but give us what was on the original video not this.
    David

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Short: Because is such wonderful driving experience and so believable, despite part of physics that has still many times mentioned flaws. Genius(or geniuses) behind this obviously know(s) what he(they) do better than in any other sim(game).

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

6. satans_pet_penguin

satans_pet_penguin Registered

I recently bought a steering wheel, admittedly to play games such as Dirt, GRID, NFS, Driver etc. However I decided to delve deeper in to PC racing games because quite often there are a lot of gems hidden under the mainsteam titles (not just for racing, but for every genre), and eventually I found rfactor. I started reading the forum to get an overall consensus on what the game is like. I noticed GSC 2012 mentioned a few times and luckily they had a free trial. I was hugely impressed by the racing physics, it blew all the aforementioned games out of the water and made my steering wheel purchase feel justified. I figured if rfactor 2 is an improved version of that then buying it is a no brainer, so here I am.

7. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Hi and welcome
    Rfactor2 is the best sim out there,,bar none,just my opinion:D