GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I just wanted to bump this so people can see it on the top of the new page.

I have been watching that 79 F1 season footage and it's amazing how different the sport is now! Seeing people in pit lane with no shirts on while cars are coming down pit lane... with no pit lane speed limit! :eek: But it also shows off some of the tech from the era- little things like the safety lights. I was surprised to see how much the cars move on track too. They are not at all stuck to the track like in modern F1. They slide the cars around a lot and use opposite lock on most corners. It's fun to watch that's for sure!

2. Arnao

Arnao Registered

I've update first post with your file Guybo...can you check if it clear for all... My bad English deserve me most of the time.
    Your post is not first post page in my browser. It depend on how you setup board option.Default is 20 posts per Page I got 40s post per page.
    CU

3. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

You need update it so it can handle Toban 0.78, Toban 0.41 cannot be downloaded anymore

4. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

5. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Oh by the way Arnao, i get this issue when selecting this particular McLaren Model :/ View attachment 5833

6. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi Henry,

I think that you have to change default skin in rF2's car choice "Tuning" tab by the one that fit it correctly in !!

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I didn't even know there was a newer version of Toban. I need to check it out as I love that track.

I think I have a little Stockholm Syndrome going with this mod. I've grown to love my captors even though they abuse me, beat me, make my desk shake violently and car spin constantly. Lmao I can't stop driving this mod!

8. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Hi, I have been away from rfactor2 for a while and before I left I had this 79 mod running fine. I returned and updated to version g in the first post, removed just as per instructions in the first post, but now I get a crash to desktop with this mod. :confused: I'm kind of sorry I updated, now it's not working for me. Every other mod runs fine. Any ideas? Thanks

9. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi Wpthayer,

Strange ... Maybe a new check in your Installed Folder and delete all GP79 related...
    So re check Installed\RFM, Installed\Vehicles\, Installed\Sound, Installed\talent...If nothing found here you must re check MAnifest folder if Gp79XXXXX.mft is still here and delete It.

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Same with me, I followed the steps and it still crashes when i try to join. There is nothing in manifest.

11. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Arnao, thanks for the reply, but i double checked all the mentioned folders for files.
    I have no mention of GP79 in my; -"MYDATARFACTOR2"/Installed/rfm folder. Could that be my problem?

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This is what I have in the folders:

View attachment 5840
    View attachment 5841

EDIT 1: I have just found out that GP79_soundsV0.1.rfcmp is missing and I'm downloading it. Guess this is the issue.

EDIT 2: After installing the sound mod and DELETING ALL OLD rfmod files it's finally working. I also closed and restarted all rF2 windows.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  13. Arnao

Arnao Registered

So maybe try download Guy Moulton RFMOD. It's have all file needed for car...but you must have same track version as he had compiled in it...
    Wpthayer It's fine if you got nothing in your RFM folder if you only dowload RFCMP but if you download Guy's RFMOD you got an rfm in it...

14. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I don't think I know where to find the Guy Moulton RFMOD

And I have no mention in my ; -"MYDATARFACTOR2"/Manifest/ > delete GP79_XXXXX.mft

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

16. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba Registered

These on Essington are just a pleasure, really different feel from a bumpy track.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Arnao- I have a question for you about reliability.

In the real 1979 season reliability was an issue with these cars. 4 cars finished Monaco (not finished on the lead lap... finished the race :eek: ) and each race was littered with retirements. Will the final mod have cars that are as robust as modern cars or will they be made of glass like the real historical cars were?

18. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Ok , I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I'm done with this mod, every thing else works fine. I'll just wait until it's finnished.

19. Arnao

Arnao Registered

HI Guybo,
    I 've not check it yet but I think original RF1 mod had solve this with Historic, Unrestricted and league version of this mod. So with creating a 3 veh files for each car pointing to a UN_Upgrade.ini or a Historic_Upgrade.ini or a league_upgrade.ini will be enought to have 3 different mod in one as RF1. For now my upgrade files are from Unrestricted mod. I didn't check other original upgrade files but It'll be the way we can, with minor change have something that fit wishes reliability .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  20. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Sorry for that wpthayer !!!

And can't solve it without more info or have an eyes off what it was done wrong !!!
    Hope you will try next release...that will certainly not the final one !!!