is it me or the skip barber feels like it's on ice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fedexpress, Dec 1, 2012.

1. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The "regional" version is very hard and slippery. But the "national" version with slicks is sooo much nicer to drive. However you have to feel it, you can't watch a video of how the car feels. I'm not saying you haven't tried the car but video doesn't prove much :)

IMO the cars FFB is really great, and I can't agree with the "no weight". I have hard time mastering this little devil too but I'll drive it more before I say too much.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Because in the real life they don't push so hard and beyonde the limite like us!:)
    For example.in the real life he brakes about 20-39 before where I braked 20min' ago in the online practice(in the chicane)!
    in the real life he doesn't make the last corner with the full throttle, but I did!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Regional version is so much better than old rTrainer as now tires are much closer to street tires instead of racing slicks.

Lift and spin, keep weight at rear and it works nicely, now with little practice one can learn to use this to initiate small drift and use power to keep it sliding whole turns.

I did drive only little bit, but immediately I found it to be very nicely working car, need to drive more to say anything really, but I could not find anything like feeling on ice, surely easy to spin if you move weight forward, but from my understanding that is designed so that newbie drivers will learn to not do that and learn to either accelerate or brake at maximum efficiency.

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Personally...i think they are the reason why Americans race ovals ;)

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not in ice at all. Need to keep it balanced. Best sim car I have ever driven.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's certainly not on ice. And I get the impression that the car is quite heavy too!

I just feel like ISI's car physics and FFB are getting better and better for each new car. I wonder... if they had not yet released the Brabham, but if it was the next to come... would brabham physics and FFB be even better? :p

I want more 60's content!... or even more: a 70's F1! :(

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Some point they probably update older content to new level, at least graphically.

But as I noticed in skip barber engine.ini there are turbo codes, I'm off to figure out how that thing works and leave skip barber for a moment alone *flash and PUFF* ->

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Great car!! So yes, I think it's you. There were a few guys complaining about it yesterday in a server but they were 5 seconds off pace and probably had only been driving it for less than an hour. Give it some time and be patient with it.

P.S Those videos don't prove a damn thing other than yes, skip barber car does exist. :p

Leave a comment in the real life skip barber videos. Ask him if the car is tricky to drive or whatever other questions you have. I have done this in the past. People who post these vids are usually more than happy to answer your questions.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Probably not in the top of the priority list at least (not even black mirror bug is fixed yet). But I would really like an update, both graphically and improvements to physics, to the older content.

Do so ;)

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hehe... I was "complaining" yesterday in a server. I just had to say the car was crazy. And it still is. But it's crazy fun!

13. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

The trainer reminds me of a similar class car in iRacing, similar feel, similar turn-around-itself feel when lifting off the throttle. In which case I think it shows something close to the real world in similar vehicles where you can't make adjustments in the differential clutching to increase the amount of coasting, etc.

I think this is a great step forward for rF2 and a boon to anyone who wants to learn to drive smoother.. which eventually brings more speed and lower laptimes.

Thumbs Up from me ISI.

14. taufikp

taufikp Registered

The racing line this driver took after the first corner is different to rF2's AIW, other than that rF2 SB driving style is just like the real video. :)

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that it is not similar class car, but exact same car :)

16. tjc

tjc Registered

The Skippy drives wonderfully when you start to get to grips with it.

I`m not saying I`ve managed to get to grips with it yet, but I`m getting there and I can tell... it`s going to be amazing fun to learn...

Slippery yes... on "ice"?

Absolutely not. :)

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Great combo and tons of fun. Bar has been raised with this content release.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I can see how this would be a good learning tool. But it's a turd on wheels no matter how you slice it.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

:confused:

How you can call the Skippy that is beyond me and makes me wonder...

20. grubyc

grubyc Registered

How to turn off wind efect,i cant hear engine?? Please
    And how to put position line from bottom to top of screen? And make it smaler?
    Thx